Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 18. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 101
March 19, 2018, 09:26:17 PM
Bitcoin is an investment and for very popular transactions, I'm sure that all the people use bitcoin for transactions including for criminal activities, this is what many people fear so make bitcoin banned.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 09:15:58 PM
Yes, bitcoins are used by bad people and they are used by good people. Anyone can use bitcoin, which is also the advantage of BTC, decentralization.

Of course, bad people can do bad things in dollars, not just BTC.

Often the media will catch these things and make a big deal about how bad the BTC is.

I believe that bitcoin will be recognized by more people.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 09:10:19 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

It is possible that bitcoins can be used by criminals because the currency is possible for everyone to obtain. People can use fiat on a illegal way as well as bitcoins because it is a digital currency so they should not ban bitcoins because it helps people to sustain their daily needs.
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
March 19, 2018, 08:50:23 PM
they used bitcoin, but i think most criminals still use fiat money more often than bitcoin. maybe they stop using bitcoin, when they realise, that bitcoin is not 100% anonymous.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
March 19, 2018, 08:48:28 PM
Crypto currrencies and bitcoins can be used by criminals to pay for ransom and to purchase weapons and others. Terrorists can also use bitcoin to provide support to their counterparts in different parts of the world. So every country's government today is thinking about how to regulate the use of bitcoin.

#Datarius
Activity: 350
March 19, 2018, 08:22:00 PM
I think that Bitcoin is digital currency and anyone can buy Bitcoin and can transfered Bitcoin anywhere and everyone can used Bitcoin. There is no mistake of Bitcoin, the mistake are the criminals.

Criminals also feel safe and secure in committing crimes because bitcoin keeps the user's true identity meaning that it would be difficult for someone in government to track and track their transactions in this illegal activity. Anyone can use bitcoin and it is not impossible that it is also used by criminals in committing a crime. Because it is easy to use for transactions, it is also easy to use in conducting illegal activities.
Activity: 210
March 19, 2018, 07:57:48 PM
It depends on the criminals they know about bitcoin or not. But i think that bitcoin can be used by anyone in this world. Because bitcoin is freely used by anyone. I believe in this world many criminals use bitcoins if they understand.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 07:54:08 PM
This is unfortunately possible. Bitcoin offers this possibility of anonymity.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 135
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
March 19, 2018, 07:34:51 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Yes it is. But don't be fooled. Fiat money or conventional currency is much more used by criminals than bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Media just wants to rid of bitciin because it wouldn't benefit those greedy capitalists that's why they are doing whatever they can to make a bad public image for bitcoin. Although bitcoin is used by criminals because of its anonymity feature.
Activity: 827
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 07:13:42 PM
there are some issues that say if a criminal act is what makes bitcoin banned in some countries, this happens because basically traders are made up of various life backgrounds, so I think we can not know if cryptocurreny is used for the most important criminal role the government should be more strict to prevent it.
Activity: 166
Merit: 4
March 19, 2018, 07:07:14 PM
Bitcoin is crypto currency, that is use for online buying and selling of goods and properties across the nation, in a digital way, by making life easy. 

Your right, because Cryto currency is acceptable, but not for criminal activities. is online business made for trading, buying and selling for a full time business...
Activity: 588
Merit: 18
March 19, 2018, 06:59:47 PM
Bitcoin is crypto currency, that is use for online buying and selling of goods and properties across the nation, in a digital way, by making life easy. 
Activity: 49
Merit: 6
March 19, 2018, 06:43:44 PM
Yes, bitcoin can used by criminals because it is anonymous. Even the current money can use by crimanals so the bitcoin also they can use it for their illegal activity
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
March 19, 2018, 06:22:02 PM
my opinion is not good or bad, is how to break a window with a chair bad or good? Esl just break it is not good, but if you break in the event of fire, the window is good that thought of)) so here and everywhere there are two sides! a question as you understand and you are in the system or higher than it!)
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The OEL Blockchain Ecosystem for Supply Chains
March 19, 2018, 06:05:55 PM
Real money has exhausted its resource, now large payments are made online, no one transfers from hand to hand large amounts of cash. Bitcoin is more profitable, it is anonymous and can be sent to anyone regardless of its location. Criminals of course convenient to use bitcoin, but we believe that they do not.
Activity: 238
March 19, 2018, 06:04:02 PM
Bitcoin is money, and money has always been used for legitimate and illegal purposes. Cash, credit cards, and the modern banking system greatly outperform Bitcoin in terms of their use to finance crimes. Bitcoin can bring significant innovation to payment systems and the benefits of these innovations are generally considered to be much overlapping their potential drawbacks.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
March 19, 2018, 05:49:41 PM
I met an article that stated that only a small percentage of all transactions made with bitcoin belong to illegal payments. Therefore, attributing bitcoin to criminals is nothing more than a myth.

I saw that article also it said less than 1% is used for those things
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 05:47:08 PM
Bitcoin guarantees anonymity. There is no bank to make transactions and for this bitcoin can be used by crime, in the same way as cash.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 05:46:57 PM
I met an article that stated that only a small percentage of all transactions made with bitcoin belong to illegal payments. Therefore, attributing bitcoin to criminals is nothing more than a myth.
Activity: 195
Merit: 41
March 19, 2018, 05:44:18 PM
Anyone can use it for whatever actions they want to use it for just like with money.
Except bitcoin as with any other cryptocurrency just makes it easier to transmit the funds to the buyer thats all.
They do not think of it being able to be traced back to the scence of the crime but that is their mistake.
So it shouldn't be bitcoin infact to be under the microscope but the ones which can not be traced.
Dash, monero and zcash.
Pages:
Jump to: