Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 20. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 19, 2018, 12:45:05 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

Bitcoins can be really used by those criminals and it was just the same as fiat, there are a lot of people who are using fiat to buy drugs or use it for different illegal transactions so government should not ban bitcoins because it is helping different people.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
March 19, 2018, 12:42:12 PM
Bitcoin is used by everyone not only criminals who is interested in
this virtual currency, bitcoin can be used to purchase
almost anything via virtually online.
Activity: 340
Merit: 122
March 19, 2018, 12:34:40 PM
Good ways to think, I agree with you and we have to spread the word about  in a positive ways because there are a lot of peoples think  in a bad ways.  were considered as a bad things because many bad peoples use it to scam and fraud peoples.
Not only Bitcoins but also any crypto coins are decentralized. No central authority. Can't control governments and no rules. So anyone can use it for illegal purposes. for an example in 2017  most of the computer in the world hacked by ransomeware. hackers use Bitcoin for payments so, Bitcoin easy to use for criminals.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
March 19, 2018, 12:31:52 PM
Coins such as Monero, Zcash are much more effective for cyber criminals. Zcash appears to have the best privacy protection, which analysts say could generate higher adoption among criminals in the future.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 06:57:20 AM
bitcoin used criminals maybe yes maybe not because it depends on the person himself in using it if people intend to use bitcoin to do evil could be for example cases krupsi they can just do money laundering with bitcoin.
Activity: 54
March 19, 2018, 06:23:03 AM
now earn a lot of people on the crypt, and some do not even know about it and how to get profit on it
Activity: 8
March 19, 2018, 01:48:50 AM
There are still some states that do not allow the use of bitcoin as a method of payment for all transactions. It is understandable that bitcoin does not provide the benefit or the good. There will be cases where bad people abuse it for illegal trading.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
March 19, 2018, 01:46:19 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.

I certainly believe that it is possible. For some criminals who are not really as famous and as others, using bitcoin is a possibility because they are not entirely known all over the world, thus allowing them to use a wallet and providing their personal details. However, for those who are really famous for their heinous crimes, it might be difficult without giving in some personal details.
Activity: 280
Merit: 104
March 19, 2018, 01:41:37 AM
Yes it is unfortunately bitcoin has been always connected to the criminals. It is a perfect get away or a perfect currency for them ,Remember the Silk Road I think that's what started this whole thing bitcoin has been known because of it. Bitcoin is also a perfect way for money laundering
Activity: 254
Blockchain with solar energy
March 19, 2018, 01:33:31 AM

Bad as it is criminals and people with bad intentions. They use real money and look for ways to launder or send in many unique ways. How much more with bitcoin that is practically anonymous. Criminals will always look for ways to use good things for the bad
Activity: 266
March 19, 2018, 01:19:54 AM
yes many criminals used bitcoin as their coin to scm many people they will say that give me your bank infos and then you will be shock because they will get all of your stored money so becareful
Activity: 182
March 19, 2018, 01:15:14 AM
Good ways to think, I agree with you and we have to spread the word about bitcoin in a positive ways because there are a lot of peoples think bitcoin in a bad ways. Bitcoin were considered as a bad things because many bad peoples use it to scam and fraud peoples.
Activity: 357
Merit: 250
March 19, 2018, 01:10:11 AM
We cannot actually say that they are used by criminals but yes we can not even deny the fact that it was used in the silk road website as a mode of payment which use to sell drugs online  .

Every currency had been used in funding illegal stuffs , it's just that BTC has an anonymous nature so we cannot find the transaction , so people blame everything on BTC .
Activity: 280
March 18, 2018, 07:38:11 PM
Every person has right to invest into bitcoin and many peoples invest into bitcoin but no way to identify are they honest or criminal,so it is not impossible that bitcoin used by criminals.
well it is actually, there's a lot of criminal activity in the dark web where illegal goods has been purchase through bitcoin, this is probably the dark bad side about cryptocurrency, criminals can easily use it to conceal their identity while doing illegal activities.
Activity: 210
March 18, 2018, 07:37:09 PM
I think bitcoin will take advantage of both ordinary people and people who pump up the atmosphere and house around and it's personality. Not what currency is not protected from criminal activity
Activity: 193
Merit: 1
March 18, 2018, 07:34:38 PM

What you've said can not be avoided. Everything can be used by people with bad intentions. Specially with bitcoins features of anonimity. I think regulation of it could lower the risk of it to be used in bad purposes and I  would prefer that rather than to completely destroy bitcoin's image.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
March 18, 2018, 07:13:19 PM
First of all - every currency in the world is used by criminals and the most used currency by in the world is FIAT!

Secondly I believe that nowadays first chioice for crimnals in crypto space is Monero since it is a lot more anonymous than BTC.
Activity: 644
Merit: 253
March 18, 2018, 01:31:10 PM
  It's possible that criminals use bitcoin for their transactions and the like, but we can not know for sure. Everything is very confessional. It is possible that there are some disadvantages in privacy, but there are more positive people. So we will be calm.
They are free to use it and it is not the obligation of bitcoin, or cannot control by someone, well, sad to say that it will become one of the disadvantage but without bitcoin criminals can still do whatever they want, they can use something else so it is not the fault of bitcoin.
Activity: 994
Merit: 103
March 18, 2018, 01:26:26 PM
We dont know , but theres a possiblity that bitcoin is use to perform illegal activities.  And because of this illegal activities a senator in my country files a bill penalizing the use of cryptocurrency.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
March 18, 2018, 01:21:24 PM
  It's possible that criminals use bitcoin for their transactions and the like, but we can not know for sure. Everything is very confessional. It is possible that there are some disadvantages in privacy, but there are more positive people. So we will be calm.
Pages:
Jump to: