Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 21. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 0
March 18, 2018, 01:20:07 PM
Bitcoin is becoming the focal point of fame. That is good for us and the crypto market. However, the characteristics considered optimal in blockchain technology are at risk from the impact of organized crime or tax evasion. It will be difficult and sensitive. In fact, this has happened and there are almost no measures to eliminate it. That is also the weakness of bitcoin.
Activity: 266
March 18, 2018, 01:10:27 PM
Yes it's authentic that bitcoin can be used for bad guys and it all depends re each person's direct, I think subsequent to that place there will always be evil in the authentic world as competently as cyberspace, as quickly as bitcoin, because everyone from various circles can resign yourself to and use bitcoin hence that evil opportunities are always there.   
Activity: 340
Merit: 122
March 18, 2018, 12:45:13 PM
I think Some concerns arise regarding the chances of Bitcoin being used by criminals because of its nature which can be spent on personal payments and can not be canceled. However, this opportunity has actually existed with cash payments and bank transfers, which have been used for a long time. The use of Bitcoin will certainly follow the same rules that already exist in the current financial system, and Bitcoin will not hinder criminal investigations. In general, breakthroughs are usually considered controversial before the benefits are fully understood by the public. The internet is a good case example to illustrate.

I also heard about bitcoin being used in illegal transactions and such and i think it really can be used as a way of making money that all criminals wanted. This idea really creates a perception that bitcoin is an illegal system of transactions and investment. People who tend to use bitcoin should also check everything they do here so that they will not encounter those people who have bad intentions.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 18, 2018, 12:44:11 PM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
All popular currencies are used by criminals all over the world. USD, EURO, Rupee all are used by criminals settling their trades. Bitcoin is currently the most valuable asset. Its unique features like decentralised nature, peer to peer exchange system is making its users more and more secured. Its quite difficult to trace bitcoin`s buyer and seller. That why criminals, money launders, drug trafficking business and even terrorists are using bitcoins. By knowing these riske countries like China, Indonesia, Australia banned bitcoin currency from their economy. I hope this will reduce use of bitcoin in criminal activities.
Activity: 145
Merit: 2
March 18, 2018, 12:33:59 PM

If you say bitcoin is used by criminals, you may injustice of bitcoin when giving such a misleading title. You know, for cash, criminals find ways to print fake money. Any financial sector that criminals use to operate for their purposes. For bitcoin it also has many benefits for the user, but hackers exploit bitcoin by tricking users into bitcoin investment programs, money laundering services.
Activity: 294
March 18, 2018, 11:30:10 AM
Every person has right to invest into bitcoin and many peoples invest into bitcoin but no way to identify are they honest or criminal,so it is not impossible that bitcoin used by criminals.
Activity: 112
March 18, 2018, 09:08:35 AM
There is possible that criminals may involved into bitcoin industry.
When you say bitcoin the first thing that can figure out to your mind is money. Right?
I truly believe that money is one of the most essential form in crime because all people interested to it even if you are the wealthiest man in the world.
Activity: 182
March 18, 2018, 09:01:44 AM
I agree with you. Bitcoin and the internet cloud not be said to be the 'bad guys' or 'good people'. They belong to the community in general. Don't be convicting bitcoin and internet according to the groups or people who abuse them.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
March 18, 2018, 08:59:09 AM
Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

I think you are referring to corrupt politicians who are no less than criminals. I agree to this, such people had always been using ways to save taxes on the illegal money they have accumulated.

Corrupt politicians is totally different from criminals that uses bitcoin as a form of medium in order to do their illegal activities because those politicians do only steal the tax that they collected from the people but the criminals do always steal every money that they wanted to steal. however both of them are still bad shoudnt be tolerated if caught on the act. bitcoin is use by criminals because of its privacy and no one can trace them if they use it , that is why many hackers has been reported ever since bitcoin and cryptos became popular.

Agreed on what you have said about the difference between a criminal and a corrupt politician. Smiley I think Bitcoin and other forms of crypto currency will give you privacy and anonymity as long as you do not trade your Bitcoins to paper money because according to my research and personal knowledge you can only trade your Bitcoins to real cash if you can provide and Identification Card which means you need to do a KYC(Know Your Customer) to be able to trade your bitcoins for real money and withdraw it. This mean that if a criminal uses Bitcoin as a medium to their illegal transactions they could be easily caught by the authorities if they check its blockchain record. Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
March 18, 2018, 08:51:03 AM
I think using bitcoin in illegal transactions such as drug sales uses bitcoin payouts because they will not be able to meet up for exchangers or payouts

So basically, bitcoin can be used by criminals and it became a perfect tool for them for their unlawful activities. Sending digital currency to another party is quite safer than bringing a briefcase full of money.
Activity: 192
Merit: 3
March 18, 2018, 08:42:21 AM
I think Some concerns arise regarding the chances of Bitcoin being used by criminals because of its nature which can be spent on personal payments and can not be canceled. However, this opportunity has actually existed with cash payments and bank transfers, which have been used for a long time. The use of Bitcoin will certainly follow the same rules that already exist in the current financial system, and Bitcoin will not hinder criminal investigations. In general, breakthroughs are usually considered controversial before the benefits are fully understood by the public. The internet is a good case example to illustrate.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
March 18, 2018, 08:39:33 AM
Bitcoin functions like fiat money, it could be used as a medium of exchange and other uses that a money could be used because Bitcoin has all the fundamental function of a fiat money and money is used by some criminals in their illegal transactions. Therefore Bitcoin could also be by criminals in their illegal transactions.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
March 18, 2018, 08:28:02 AM
Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.

I think you are referring to corrupt politicians who are no less than criminals. I agree to this, such people had always been using ways to save taxes on the illegal money they have accumulated.

Corrupt politicians is totally different from criminals that uses bitcoin as a form of medium in order to do their illegal activities because those politicians do only steal the tax that they collected from the people but the criminals do always steal every money that they wanted to steal. however both of them are still bad shoudnt be tolerated if caught on the act. bitcoin is use by criminals because of its privacy and no one can trace them if they use it , that is why many hackers has been reported ever since bitcoin and cryptos became popular.
Activity: 36
Merit: 14
March 18, 2018, 08:21:42 AM

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
The Exchange for EOS Community
March 18, 2018, 08:07:04 AM
Yes, different criminal groups used to pay with bitcoin because it couldn't be traced. And nowadays ordinary people are interested in it too.
This is the reason for this market development. And to hide money, criminals have bought BTC. as a form of hidden money that the government can not find.
Activity: 186
March 18, 2018, 07:44:27 AM
I once read an article that says bitcoin is used as a payment transaction for terrorists and hackers. And maybe you guys in this forum also already know it. But here i want to convey my personal opinion in that matter. I think that internet and bitcoin interrelated. Many terrorists and criminals use internet .so also with bitcoin which used perpetrator However, despite all these issues, do people make concrete efforts to ban the internet? No. Not because removing and banning Bitcoin is difficult, but because the internet offers more positive than negative. For the same reason, we have to be more careful about our mindset for Bitcoin, because much evidence has shown that Bitcoin brings many positive, if not more, effects than the internet. Internet and Bitcoin are just devices that 'bad guys' and 'good people'. Fortunately, the world is filled with more people in the 'good people' category.
Yes, when I say what you mean by criminals or evil people, the bitcoin for hackers is easy for them to hack into bitcoin if they know the criminals know they are victims especially in banks when they have to hack They are accountable to the bank as a way of dealing with them, just knowing.
Activity: 235
March 18, 2018, 07:33:55 AM
Yes, different criminal groups used to pay with bitcoin because it couldn't be traced. And nowadays ordinary people are interested in it too.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 05:34:58 PM
Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.
Yeah thats why some country dont legalized bitcoin becauase they see something problems if they use it. And it is also used in bad or illegal transactions because it is not traceable.
Activity: 154
Merit: 3
March 17, 2018, 05:31:24 PM
The Federal Bureau of Investigation and other law enforcement agencies disagree with the allegations of Bitcoin's anonymity. In October 2013, American businessman Ross Ulbricht was arrested, the founder of the illegal online market "Silk Road" (Silk Road) promoting the distribution and sale of drugs, where trade was solely for bitcoins. In February 2015, Ulbricht was sentenced by a New York court to two life sentences. He was found guilty on most of the charges: drug trafficking, participation in the criminal community, money laundering, forgery of documents and computer hacking.
On the site you could buy drugs and other illegal drugs, payment was carried out with the help of bitcoins. All purchases were made anonymously. The total turnover of the site during its existence exceeded $ 200 million, and its owner received on the commissions a net profit of about $ 18 million.
Activity: 112
March 17, 2018, 04:25:11 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency. Everybody can use bitcoin easily. So naturally a criminal can a use  bitcoin too. There is no any restrictions to use bitcoin in certain people. Anyone can buy, sell, invest or trade with bitcoin. Criminals are everywhere and they can use everything. I think its not a fault of bitcoin. So not only Bitcoin everything is used in good or bad purpose.
Pages:
Jump to: