Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 19. (Read 2768 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 06:23:27 AM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
I think Bitcoin is better version of gold. Giving higher returns as compared to any other investment,the kind of frenzy that we all will experience in 2018 is gonna be crazy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 06:09:35 AM
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

What do you think ?

Well, gold is shinny and worth keeping, but in fact you aren't holding it at all, whereas Bitcoin who are able to keep it in your wallet.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
December 05, 2017, 06:07:16 AM
Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.

At this moment bitcoin is better but can we predict future?
Gold is very famous because of stability and security.
Gold was very valuable 1000 years ago, it is very valuable now and will be very valuable in 1000 years.
What about bitcoin?
Its value has increased 15 times in only 2 years.
There is no stability and security here.
Some other crypto currency can replace bitcoin in the future, who know?
Btc value can grow but also fall significantly, depends on many factors.
In the long term, I prefer gold.

I got you point.
Very stimulate answer by the way.

In some way I agree with you. You cannot say what it will be tomorrow because there are too many factors out there.
Anyway it was the same with gold before the entire world started to realise that it's not so common and it was difficult to find - only them they start to understand like other thing on earth it's not unlimited.

So how many years was past before they recognise it ?
I guess many..

What for BTC ?
Due to its scarcity - and everyone should know about it - its price is supposed to rise and rise.
But only IF the people recognise as something that you can change for goods or whatever you want. So in the end it's all about spreading its idea of value I think
Activity: 233
Merit: 250
December 05, 2017, 06:06:27 AM
yes it could be new gold, but nevertheless, bitcoin and gold are different things
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 06:05:27 AM
As far as my point of view is concerned. BTC is better than Gold. Bcoz BTC value is increasing more than Gold.
Guard your privacy
December 05, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.

It does not mean a thing! You can not only see its value.
Guard your privacy
December 05, 2017, 05:57:18 AM

What do you think ?
This is like a gold but bitcoin is more profitable than gold because bitcoin is already surpassed the value of gold this bitcoin is so amazing i want to hold it and i believe that someday or in the future bitcoin will become virtual currency .

Hi buddy,
you can use it right now if you want as for of payment. And I'm referring to BTC like you can do to gold.

The problem is the people are fearing to loose its value that constantly will raise due to its scarcity like is gold. But with Gold they can discover a new area plenty of that in future, but  with BTC and many other Cryptos you can't. So they hold it instead of using it. If it's not a form of investments this..
Activity: 224
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
December 05, 2017, 05:56:49 AM
It's rather hard to put Bitcoin and gold into comparison, as both of them are actually different in many aspects:

Bitcoin:

-Decentralized
-Digital currency
-You can obtain it in many ways (by GPU mining, faucets, offering services, trading online etc)

Gold:

-Centralized
-Metal commodity
-You can obtain it by buying and keeping them (physical gold) or online (virtual gold)[/li][/list]

Activity: 224
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
December 05, 2017, 05:55:50 AM
It's very hard to put Bitcoin and gold into comparison, as both of them are actually different in many aspects:

Bitcoin:

• Decentralized
    Digital currency
    You can obtain it in many ways (by GPU mining, faucets, offering services, trading online etc)
Gold:

• Centralized
    Metal commodity
    You can obtain it by buying and keeping them (physical gold) or online (virtual gold)
Guard your privacy
December 05, 2017, 05:50:36 AM
But gold has numerous difference uses instead of just being a store of value or for transactions, gold price will indefinitely rise quite a bit in the future and to me i think would feel safer holding $10,000 worth in gold

So, why are you here ?   Grin Grin Cheesy
Guard your privacy
December 05, 2017, 05:49:50 AM
I don't think that comparing BTC to gold make sense .Both are two different investment assets with different features.The main reason due to which BTC is different from gold is it's volatility.There are a lot fluctuations seen in it's price whereas gold is known for holding it's value . The other reason is  the trust that people have on gold .It is difficult for BTC to gain that amount of trust .The growth of Bitcoin is higher than that of gold but bitcoin investments are more risky than gold investments .So I don't think they should be compared to each other.

However nowadays we see that people buy it to hold it like gold was used to. So they don't buy BTC to spend it as use it as digital currency because everyone knows about its scalable issue and the high fees for small transaction - so they hold it to gain for he future. In this way I see it like Gold.

BY the way, I'm not referring to speculators - for them everything is the same  Shocked
Activity: 1022
Merit: 564
Need some spare btc for a new PC
December 02, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

What do you think ?

No, BTC is more than gold, more than money, more than all things in this world. It is transparent, it has a high level of security, it is able to slash the bank system slowly. It is the most sophisticated innovation I've ever seen.

Yes but at the core and with the whole scheme today, it's pretty much say same as gold, it's getting to be just as any other investment asset. Just look at what most of the users are doing, buying and holding and if you ask me that sounds more like an investment asset then a currency, yes someone might be using it as a currency but there surely someone out there that uses gold the same way, therefore... if you ask me, bitcoin today is an asset.
Activity: 13
December 02, 2017, 07:24:38 PM
Yes, I think so, it's like new gold now, its price is now stable and growing, btc is very easy to trade and prices change constantly and fast.
Activity: 316
December 02, 2017, 07:14:13 PM

What do you think ?

No, BTC is more than gold, more than money, more than all things in this world. It is transparent, it has a high level of security, it is able to slash the bank system slowly. It is the most sophisticated innovation I've ever seen.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
December 02, 2017, 06:48:57 PM
Do you think a ten thousand dollar valuation does not ring any bells to you,do you think it is not a serious digital money for anyone,one thing i do accept is that ,when i first started using bitcoin the zero cost of transactions and the fastness with which you could send money across the world attracted me ,things have changed now,but i really wish i could see bitcoin like i used to see in the past,with lower transaction fees and faster confirmation.
Activity: 434
December 02, 2017, 01:32:57 PM
Bitcoin and gold are different commodities. While bitcoin is getting a tremendous value each day it is still volatile. This is not the case with gold. Gold has always stayed as a very beneficial investment from a long time with no fear of losing its value. But things may change in the future Bitcoin is also being termed as virtual gold; why? Because what gold gave to people at some stage of life, today Bitcoin is doing that only with a faster speed and that thing is making them rich.
Activity: 24
December 02, 2017, 01:26:26 PM

Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are not the "new gold."  Many commentators have dubbed bitcoin "digital gold" because of the fact it has a finite supply and has at times seen price rises due to geopolitical tensions. Gold wins out over cryptocurrencies in a majority of the key characteristics of money.

Gold is clearly better at holding its purchasing power, and has much lower daily volatility.  Bitcoin's volatility averaged almost seven times that of gold in 2017. The price of  gold is up over 10 percent this year. Bitcoin meanwhile is up over 400 percent. However, the cryptocurrency has had wild swings in price.

Bitcoin can be broken down into much smaller units. While this may make it look like a better medium of exchange than gold. However,  transaction fees have risen sharply this year. The average transaction fee at its peak in mid-July was just below $9.
Activity: 378
December 02, 2017, 01:18:43 PM
Bitcoin can represent the gold in field of electronic currency; which possess the characteristics of gold like its value never depreciates and not affected by the threat of inflation.
At the same time they become more expensive as the time goes by.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
December 02, 2017, 08:47:11 AM
Bitcoin is very different from gold. Bitcoin is a digital thing while gold is real. Maybe the similarity is only the value it has. gold and Bitcoin have incredible prices. Gold is currently one of the safest investment mediums, while Bitcoin has tremendous value. For me gold and Bitcoin are used for profitable investments. However I would never say Bitcoin is new gold !!
Activity: 546
December 02, 2017, 08:42:07 AM
Yes Bitcoin is the new gold. Its the most highly valuable asset that has turned into the most precious gold because of its price increasement day by day going so high that its becoming gold and asset for long term holders.
Pages:
Jump to: