Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 20. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283
December 02, 2017, 08:35:32 AM
Yes on this moment we can say bitcoin is the best and no other currency can bet its record which so expensive and of course we all know that “Everything that has a beginning, has an ending also. Maybe this scenario is temporary and perhaps  it will make a new correction again which is back to the lowest valued and we need to accept the fact cause it still occur . Im just saying. Lol
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
December 02, 2017, 08:31:35 AM
Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.

At this moment bitcoin is better but can we predict future?
Gold is very famous because of stability and security.
Gold was very valuable 1000 years ago, it is very valuable now and will be very valuable in 1000 years.
What about bitcoin?
Its value has increased 15 times in only 2 years.
There is no stability and security here.
Some other crypto currency can replace bitcoin in the future, who know?
Btc value can grow but also fall significantly, depends on many factors.
In the long term, I prefer gold.

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
December 02, 2017, 08:20:51 AM
Considering the skyrocketing performance of Bitcoin so far Tom Lee says, "We think over the next 10 years, this new generation of millennials are going to view trust as a replacement for gold. So, Bitcoin is essentially digital gold for another generation."

The core principle of Bitcoin is focused on giving better benefits than that of the traditional infrastructure so, in terms of investment, I do support the idea of making the long-term investment in Bitcoin considering the growth and world's positive perception about Bitcoin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 08:16:07 AM
i will sell it
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
December 02, 2017, 08:10:05 AM
Bitcoin can have the same function as gold, but what makes bitcoin even greater than gold is because bitcoin makes it easier for people to trade with everyone wherever they are.
So I think bitcoin is better than gold
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 02, 2017, 08:07:29 AM
Bitcoin is better than gold because Bitcoin reached at 10K but gold is still $1,281.90 per ounce. Bitcoins are best.
Activity: 10
December 02, 2017, 07:58:59 AM
Gold was the hedge against uncertainty, the asset where investors could park their cash in times of political and economic turmoil. Now Bitcoin is taking its place, the same role. So, i guess Bitcoin is the new gold.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
IF PROBLEM WITH MY TRUST THEN BRING AN ESCROW.
December 02, 2017, 07:57:28 AM
In a few words we can state that bitcoin is another gold however it is more valuable than gold since it is improving individuals life which is very awesome by side of bitcoin so I might want to state that we ought to consider bitcoin as precious stone and platinum rather contrasting and gold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168
December 02, 2017, 07:50:40 AM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
This is like a gold but bitcoin is more profitable than gold because bitcoin is already surpassed the value of gold this bitcoin is so amazing i want to hold it and i believe that someday or in the future bitcoin will become virtual currency .
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
December 02, 2017, 07:47:36 AM
No, they are very different in many ways. You can not use gold as a critical payment system but you can use bitcoin for that.

I think the OP was using the term gold to refer to BTC  figuratively perhaps due to the current happenings and hikes in Bitcoin prices and not comparing the two. Please take your time and read well before you post comments rather than rushing to boost your post count.
Activity: 182
December 02, 2017, 07:44:25 AM
yes bitcoin can also be considered as the new gold because as the demand increase for the bitcoin the value will get increase as same as the gold
Activity: 812
Merit: 101
December 02, 2017, 07:42:11 AM
I think abhwa bitcoin is more than new gold. for people who understand and understand BTC, there are many good comments out there that are dedicated to BTC. and I say that BTC is such a precious thing on earth, stored in the deepest seafloor, that there will be many crazy people trying to get it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
December 02, 2017, 07:40:35 AM
No, they are very different in many ways. You can not use gold as a critical payment system but you can use bitcoin for that.
Activity: 12
December 02, 2017, 07:36:38 AM
I have noticed that many people are really comparing bitcoin vs. gold. But, yeah, you could say it is almost like gold, investing it in, I mean. The transactions are immediate too so there's no need to wait for too long.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 02, 2017, 06:17:46 AM
But gold has numerous difference uses instead of just being a store of value or for transactions, gold price will indefinitely rise quite a bit in the future and to me i think would feel safer holding $10,000 worth in gold
Activity: 104
Bitcoin|||Altscoin
December 02, 2017, 06:15:46 AM
Nothing will beat gold as a first prize currency and/or commodity in worlds precious metal.
But nothing will beat bitcoin as a king of coin in cryptocurrency world.
Activity: 574
Merit: 256
December 02, 2017, 06:13:36 AM
I don't think that comparing BTC to gold make sense .Both are two different investment assets with different features.The main reason due to which BTC is different from gold is it's volatility.There are a lot fluctuations seen in it's price whereas gold is known for holding it's value . The other reason is  the trust that people have on gold .It is difficult for BTC to gain that amount of trust .The growth of Bitcoin is higher than that of gold but bitcoin investments are more risky than gold investments .So I don't think they should be compared to each other.
Activity: 490
Guard your privacy
December 02, 2017, 05:51:54 AM
yes maybe but not the moment because you see Gold is trusted by human being for thousands of years now, and bitcoin is still a new baby born compared to gold
Lol, The importance of the bitcoin or any other investment cannot be judged by its age. Age as we all know is just a number and it is not necessary that the one which is older is more beneficial or wise.

In short, you really need to get your facts straight about bitcoin because it is the new gold of this era and this is the only reason people are switching to bitcoin from gold for long term investments. Gold is no more an attraction for investors.

Great points.
It makes no sense to talk about how old is a thing and compare such thing with a good and wise tool.

I mean, look how many thing has changed only in a few months that are disruptive and more efficient: aren't they good?
Just because something is quite new ( we are taking anyway about something that has with a almost 10 years) does not mean that isn't excellent
Activity: 2548
Merit: 329
November 30, 2017, 03:23:36 AM
yes maybe but not the moment because you see Gold is trusted by human being for thousands of years now, and bitcoin is still a new baby born compared to gold
Lol, The importance of the bitcoin or any other investment cannot be judged by its age. Age as we all know is just a number and it is not necessary that the one which is older is more beneficial or wise.

In short, you really need to get your facts straight about bitcoin because it is the new gold of this era and this is the only reason people are switching to bitcoin from gold for long term investments. Gold is no more an attraction for investors.
Activity: 490
Guard your privacy
November 28, 2017, 06:31:07 AM
Forks are a concern, but I've thought about this, and believe the market will value useless forks at zero.

Not really. In most cases it's obviously clear that these forks are nothing more than cash grab opportunities for the large holders behind them, and that's really it. I remember how people we're afraid of what would happen at the first of August, but after they noticed that there is money to be made with forks, they can't seem to get enough of them. For that reason I am quite sure that we'll be seeing a whole lot more forks pop up in the coming years, especially now ICO's seem to be experiencing a heavy load of resistance from all sides.

It's definitively what really is !
Great point buddy, I see the same of you.
Pages:
Jump to: