Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BTC the new gold ? - page 22. (Read 2768 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
November 25, 2017, 07:13:16 AM
I dont think Bitcoin can be compared to gold because gold exists since the planet was created and it is the first currency that people used to trade things. If you would have 1 million dollars that you want to invest and you have the option to invest in gold and the option to invest in bitcoin what you would do? It is risky to invest such a huge amount of money in something that you know it could fall to 0 anytime.

Gold is definitely safer and you have guaranteed profit after 10 years because the price is increasing every year. Also it is known by absolutely every person as a good investment ,that is why the price stays stable and it never goes down because always there is a demand for gold.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
November 25, 2017, 07:12:22 AM
BTC function as storage of value now. Country like Zimbabwe and South Korea purchase Bitcoin rather than Gold.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
November 25, 2017, 06:56:38 AM
Btc  is way better then gold
I don't remember seeing 1 ounce of gold equal to 8000k
Bye is gonna change the world currency
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
November 25, 2017, 06:36:52 AM
what is the relation between your tittle and your thread ?
are you saying about gold movement that caused a lot of massive pump a while ago and Bitcoin following its footstep?
or something else ?
if we're comparing Gold and Bitcoin from its uses,i think we made a mistake in here because it's totally different assets.
unless we're talking about 'Value'
- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions
all of them can not be considered as a problem for massive adoption,
indeed fees and the transaction are the problem lately why would people still hesitated to get into it,
but we have other reason behind all of this which is 'Protection'.
lately we can hear about hacking,that is why many people felt afraid and only some people who know about computer can protect themself from the hackers.
and yes i believe Bitcoin will keep moving upward,soon we will figure out how to solve this problem.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
November 25, 2017, 06:24:54 AM
It's also important to note that all Bitcoin transactions are instantaneous, it's only confirmation that takes 10 minutes. Merchants don't necessarily have to wait for the transaction to be confirmed.
Fees & transaction capacity will most likely be solved with the Lightning Network.

You can change your transaction afterwards if it doesn't have any confirmations, so there would have to be trust between the buyer and seller if they do not wait for any confirmations.
But they do not have to wait for 6 confirmations.  That is just a usually agreed number of when it is absolutely safe.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
November 25, 2017, 06:20:41 AM
If someone figures a way to break sha256 hash (and ripemod160) then bitcoin would lose all of its value.

I cant see the same happening to gold. Gold will always remain gold.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
November 25, 2017, 06:13:33 AM
Right now it is. But most of these issues will be solved with future protocol upgrades.
The price isn't an issue. It will come to stabilize at some point. While it will continue to go up, it won't be as volatile.

It's also important to note that all Bitcoin transactions are instantaneous, it's only confirmation that takes 10 minutes. Merchants don't necessarily have to wait for the transaction to be confirmed.
Fees & transaction capacity will most likely be solved with the Lightning Network.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
November 25, 2017, 06:09:36 AM
How many times you heard some question ?
But the time goes by and I've been wondering if it really what a BTC today really is.

As we discuss here in the forum everyday, the main reason for BTC not to be taken seriously as digital money like it was invented are:

- its fee cost for lower transaction
- delay and time of the transaction to be approved
- its price that change constantly up
- it's not designed to accept so many transactions

What do you think ?
Do you hold like you holding the gol a decade ago ?
Pages:
Jump to: