Pages:
Author

Topic: is buying new listed coin profitable? - page 18. (Read 7329 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
I think most of the new ICO projects are hype.
Now in a bear market, the risk of investing in these tokens is high.

Ya i think your opinion is right. Because especially now that many fake (Scam ) ICO
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
It can be very profitable, but it is like gambling. You can't know for sure if a new coin is going to be profitable or not.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Depends the listing party, I mean the exchanges that the coin will be listed. If that coin will be listed on an exchange with such low volumes like, Yobit and Hit BTC?. Well i don't think that coins will rise up easily, But if that coin will be registered on exchanges like BINANCE, KUCOIN or BITFINEX well expect a good hype for sure.
Merit: 251
i think investing on new listed coins is good for long term investments only and you needed a proper research about the coin if it is a good one before putting your money into it.
Activity: 29
Wise positions in reputable cryptos and keep a hedge of at least 50%.

A strategy will save your capital or at least minimize your risk.

Going head first all into things trying to make the big figures with minimal effort has 2 end games and the more common one is you ending up with f-all, not saying you're doing this but if you want to protect your capital stay away from it.

Personally, i think you need to develop a strategy that works for you and your comfortable with, allocate yourself enough your willing to lose to swing trade with, after researching the current top 50 (and i mean research) decide which of them you'd be more than happy to be locked in a long-term hold (for example i'm happy to be locked into WAN, ICX, VEN, BNB, EOS to name a few as i know them like the back of my hand and i have full confidence they have a future)
Activity: 206
Merit: 11
well it depends on the project, if it is a project that generated much hype and finished their ICO within secs, minutes or hours then you can buy it on exchanges when it is listed because their will be a high buy pressure.
Activity: 448
Merit: 21
Yes, if that coin has a good potential. Every new coin can give you profit, that's why you must be alert when a new coin listed on the exchange. Because after listing on exchanges, within 6 hours to a day, the price will decrease again. So, rather buy and hold you may trade with newly listed coins.
Activity: 182
Merit: 4
Currently tokens don't surpass their ICO prices easily. You can get them cheaply on exchanges after listing. Some of them who don't list on well known exchanges are likely to have dips before they pick up.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
very dangerous, if you do not know the future of the coin, at least you get the right information to buy a coin then hold it for a few months.
Daily trading is very difficult unless trading volume allows.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
For now, you better choose buying once the listing of the coins on the exchanges is made. I am not saying this is the overall better choice. What I am considering is that you are still a newbie here. ICO investment is really good but it is not for those whose knowledge about it is still very limited
Activity: 140
Some are profitable and some are not. One just has to be very careful when investing on such coin because many of them nowadays turn out to be scam or shit coin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Actually what I notice these days, the opposite is profitable. Most new listed tokens started high and drop afterwards. Many examples out there like, QuarkChain, Pchain, Atonomi, Essentia, etc. It's good if you sell first day and wait couple days/weeks to buy at almost half price.
Activity: 265
Merit: 11
well, it depends. If it is a really good coin with a strong team, that has huge potential and the demand for that coin is high, then it might be. But it is always a dark horse, it might go up, it might go down.. I would not do that, only in that case if you are pretty sure about what you are doing.
Activity: 140
Based on my experience there are selected listed coins to dramatically gain momentum for a profitable price but not all. Somehow it is factor to have growth to be listed on major exchanges but it will always depends on the supple and demand of the crypto and the dev behavior for the development of the roadmap.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
Sometimes it is beneficial to buy coins that just appear on the exchange, because members of the company of the bounty of this project sell their coins, and this reduces the price of the coin, and the price is lower that was on the ICO.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
Many people choose to buy when listed in the market than when ICO, this is what makes many ICO difficult to reach softcap or hardcap, with this fact should be devs. can anticipate with buy back so as to keep prices higher than ICO.
Activity: 112
if there is a new coin or tokens listed on the binary, then you buy at the first time a coin or token can be traded on a bin
usually the price will rise more than 50%
Activity: 344
Merit: 10
I think buying a token that has just been listed is safer than buying an ICO, because at least you can control your investment funds at this stage, and at the ICO stage, your investment is likely to disappear with the project!
Merit: 503
It all depends on the particular ICO. Before participating in ICO and before buying it on the exchanger, you need to know everything about the project. Only having full information about the project and assessing the situation on the market can decide whether it is worth participating in ISO or better to buy a coin after the release of the exchange. After you have chosen ICO, important parameters will be what price of the coin at all stages of sales and who will receive what discounts. If everything suits you, then it's better to take part in ICO. As practice shows, excellent coins after entering the exchange, usually only grow in price and the price does not fall below the price of ICO. Therefore, it is better to buy it at the ICO stage.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
It need to check. Sometimes coin exit on the market by so high price that it becomes fully unprofitable. In this case I wait while hype becomes low and price can dump below ICO. For good coins it's a entry point.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: