Pages:
Author

Topic: Is CMC still safe at all ?? - page 10. (Read 22979 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10
January 12, 2019, 06:27:24 AM
Indeed Coinmarket does not filter ICO projects that are scam or there are coins that are dead in the list, and hopefully coinmarketap aware of this and introspect themselves about the web list, because many people still consider the project on the coinmarketcap list to be a good coin.
Activity: 116
Merit: 1
January 12, 2019, 06:25:35 AM
I am not interested in these things. I only use CMC to see the price of the coins and see it listed on the trading platform. It is difficult to wipe out projects that die in a short time. Trading volume data can be faked because it is simply synthesized based on the total trading volume on trading platforms. I don't think this is the fault of CMC.
Activity: 196
January 12, 2019, 06:23:30 AM
do not need to carry negative towards the coinmarket as it is still a top site
Activity: 171
January 12, 2019, 06:05:37 AM
I think that coinmarketcap is safe. This CMC is always used as one of the market condition that is progressing.
If you think that there are many dead coins, I think that this is smaller than others. This is trusted enough and we can see that only great coins with great volume in certain numbers are displayed on CMC.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
January 12, 2019, 05:48:11 AM
I can only respond to point 4 about advertising on CMC, of ​​course they don't want scam projects, but what happens if the project has a large capital to place ads on any site so that many people enter the ICO? We cannot blame CMC in this matter because it is not an absolute mistake caused by CMC because we as participants must certainly be more careful in attending the ICO.
Activity: 438
January 12, 2019, 05:44:36 AM
The dead projects are not errors made by CMC, CMC is simply a place where people find information of projects, trading volume ..etc. I personally find that CMC is the most reliable place to find information.
Activity: 364
January 12, 2019, 05:40:53 AM
Still safe? Was he once safe? The government of your country, with ease and on their behalf, on legal grounds, could always read them. What kind of security can this be?
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
January 12, 2019, 05:39:37 AM
Coinmarketcap still the best site when it comes to check the price of a crypto and investors and newbies look at to . If your project list in coinmarketcap then its a big achievement for you also you dont need to worry because coinmarketcap is not an exchange so its still safe .
Activity: 561
Merit: 250
January 12, 2019, 05:28:48 AM
Coin Market Cap (CMC) doesn't have to verify the authenticity of projects before listing it. And it's hard to tell if the ICO is a legit or scam. This should be done by each person or investors independently.
Activity: 490
Merit: 106
January 12, 2019, 04:37:01 AM
Why are you worried if coinmarketcap doesn't have/hold your cryptocurrencies like what exchange do? It is not an exchange, if you don't trust how they collect data from different exchanges and how they list new cryptocurrencies then don't use their website, there are other alternative websites like coinmarketcap. If they really have ads of fake ICOs then there is a problem with them, which should be stopped. But for me as an investor/trader you should not just rely the authenticity of a new projects from coinmarketcap, you should do your own research and look for different sources before investing your money.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 622
January 12, 2019, 04:35:13 AM
Well, whatever you said, it is clear that coin market cap is one of the most trusted sites for exchange. If you are talking about the dead coins, what about the their exchanges? I think that they have many more dead coins compared to CMC. Moreover, we can see how the criteria a coin is listed on the CMC.
Activity: 397
January 12, 2019, 04:30:47 AM
in my opinion the Coinmarketcap website is one of the global sites whose function is only to display coin data, volume, and altcoin total, so for security I think it's still safe. other than that, coins that have not yet entered the exchange must certainly go through a process so you don't need to worry about security because every user certainly knows which coins are good to buy.
Activity: 407
Merit: 3
January 12, 2019, 04:28:26 AM
Coinmarketcap is a very helpful site and I think making a safe investment is at the top 10 coins. And on this site, we can get a lot of information and knowledge about coin price movements. And as long as this market price drops, I think the project failed and the fraud project will increase.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
January 12, 2019, 04:27:36 AM
I don't trust them at all. I just go there to look for the current price and that's it. I don't click any ads or even look at the ICO they're promoting there. I think there has been discussions about this years ago, If I'm not mistaken so I'm fully aware of some of the malpractices of cmc so I don't bother.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
January 12, 2019, 04:17:01 AM
It's just nothing but a information website which give information about the token price, website , which exchange they are available and the volume, and Twitter page. It's just information it's up to you to do the research part. It's hard for them to authenticate every project they just use exchange API which show the information. And about ico ads it's just a ads and ads are everywhere and its not in there hand it's on google and you which ads Goole wants to show you. I think for information about any coin there is nothing better than coinmarketcapcap.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
January 12, 2019, 04:16:41 AM
Completely agree, meanwhile many scam projects get listed on CMC every few days and honest projects don't get listed — god knows what criteria they follow.

Oh wait, money talks.

There are no criteria’s anymore in coinmarketcap
They are in a free fall and I do hope this challenges other potential projects to usurp them

In crypto currency during bearish period is when trust and honesty had to been upheld
Coinmarketcap is now after money, be careful
Activity: 700
Merit: 110
Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB
January 12, 2019, 03:58:28 AM
How can it be safe or unsafe it is solely an information site and not somewhere you would send crypto or give your KYC data to. It has often proven to be inaccurate with data but it is a place where we can get a good measure of what is going on with the market.
Activity: 246
January 12, 2019, 03:47:10 AM
I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity
The following are my observed reasons

1. Many dead projects still on cmc

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

3. Cmc doesn't verify authenticity of projects before listing it

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Let me stop here and anyone against it should bring a proof to counter it
Or offer more options
Coinmacketcap is simply a place to track market prices, it is not a trading platform. Coinmacketcap does not have any connection with all projects in the electronic money market. CMC is still the most reliable place to monitor the market.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
January 12, 2019, 03:40:42 AM
Though it may be difficult for CMC to verify all project because if the number of project that has been developed but I guess CMC can still put up some measures just to uphold it credibility.
Activity: 574
January 12, 2019, 02:39:00 AM
We can see CMC so much has been improved so that it can be controlled even though there are still many low coins. This helps us to be able to take decent coins, but all have different views and many of the same sites can exchange opinions or other assumptions.
Every day, of course sites like CMC will continue to exist. And everyone really has a different view. And I also see CMC already very good and I also use CMC more often to see new and old tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: