Pages:
Author

Topic: Is CMC still safe at all ?? - page 7. (Read 22979 times)

Activity: 368
Merit: 25
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
January 16, 2019, 02:02:18 AM
Yes coinmarketcap needs to remove all the shitcoins from their websites which don't have volumes on the exchange. Also they have errors on their platform about few coins which have wrong volumes like TCH,THR etc. Coinmarketcap don't have the android & ios app hopefully they will launch soon, till the time i am using coinlib as alternative to coinmarketcap.
https://coinlib.io/
Activity: 641
Merit: 253
▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen
January 15, 2019, 07:44:29 PM
CMC is not an exchange or investment process. But we have to be careful about coins, their charts, and volume in CMC. Because it is very easy to manipulate Coinmarketcap rank. That's why many scams or almost scam coins still have some volume! Nowadays, many exchanges are listed on top 50 shortlist but most of them have fake volume and fake buy-sell wall! So, CMC is not 100% trustable!
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
January 15, 2019, 07:40:21 PM
CMC is the best place to get informed about the coins. Are all the information accurate ? They are certainly not. There are many fake volumes represented on on CMC what are produced by bots on the exchanges. I do not think that CMC should verify the projects, there should be a separate regulatory body for that.
Activity: 714
Merit: 10
Living is easy with eyes closed ...
January 15, 2019, 02:15:10 PM
CoinMarketCap only reflects tokens traded on various crypto exchanges with a volume of at least $ 50,000 per day. Therefore, you should not completely trust this resource. To invest more safely and purposefully, you should study the token and the project behind it more carefully than just keeping track of the statistics in the CMC.
plr
Activity: 1148
Merit: 24
January 14, 2019, 09:13:55 PM
You are the only one who posted this, they are 100% safe and I have been using this from the start, and it really helped me to analyze all the coins that I've promoted and invested in, if you look the other way, then it's you who have the problem here not coinmarketcap.
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
January 14, 2019, 08:33:42 PM
For some months now I have the impression that they are trying to hide and make people forget the real projects, be they tokens or coins! Historical coins, even if without volume, are being removed and there are designs of volumes obtained through robots in abudance! This generation that likes stablecoin or in practice, Dollar coin, will be the same who will cry for losing the opportunities of the century! Wait and see.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 877
January 14, 2019, 08:02:19 PM
actually coinmarketcap often has a problem that is very excited when coinmarketcap has an issue about price manipulation in some exchanges but now the issue is over, if I use coinmarketcap only as a medium to monitor the price difference in some exchanges although sometimes it is often different from the results after entering the exchanger
Activity: 658
Merit: 5
January 14, 2019, 05:38:47 AM
Coin Market Cap (CMC) doesn't have to verify the authenticity of projects before listing it. And it's hard to tell if the ICO is a legit or scam. This should be done by each person or investors independently.

I think this points to inform every crypto currency investors that
Not even cmc or icobench or ico rating webpages cares about the authenticity of any project anymore

Once they get the payment, it is left for investors to decide what best they want to do
Let’s be smart this 2019
Activity: 1414
Merit: 100
January 13, 2019, 11:41:53 PM
I think cmc still useful for simple and first overview but in the end the real value is in the exchange market. I usually check my asset from there every time I turn on my pc, check the new listing and etc, maybe they are not accurate but their link always fastest shortcut to info of any coin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
January 13, 2019, 07:52:41 PM
CoinMarketCap is not safe make sure to do your do diligence before investing in to any altcoin. I normally used  coincodex for my own coin research to find all the necessary information about a particular coin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
January 13, 2019, 07:34:22 PM
If there are alternatives they can then be used instead sticking to just one might not be the best. It works for me and if it works for other, I think the that there is nothing wrong in using it
copper member
Activity: 53
Merit: 11
🐦
January 13, 2019, 04:05:28 PM
I prefer to use CoinGecko.com. They have a better algorithm which takes into account social activity, GitHub activity, volume and more statistics. If anyone knows any other good CMC alternatives please share.  Smiley
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 13, 2019, 03:58:25 PM
For me, cmc is just an overview with information about crypto projects, but not anymore. Everyone should be clear just because a project has been listed there, that it is legitimate. It is just an overview, not anymore.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.
January 13, 2019, 03:50:02 PM
I like to look at the token prices at CMC, but it has generated some strange stats over the last year. There was one day when CMC has shown that every altcoin has grown by 10 times. For sure it was a bug, but it had a big influence on the whole market.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
January 13, 2019, 03:48:06 PM
There are only 2 types of people who attempt to discredit CMC. XRP Shills and misinformed/uneducated individuals in crypto. CMC's results are based on their perceptions, understanding and intuition about cryptos.

Every mcap site will always have different types of rankings, simply derived from information (usually total supplies, exchange volume manipulation) and etc. They are a gateway into crypto, they are not an authority to present you with every information for investments or understanding a particular crypto.

Individuals like to gauge crypto's performance based on CMC metrics, simply because it's exposed to the largest audiences, retaining the number 1 most used, highest-crypto traffic site for years now.

Never base an investment on 1 tool, resource or person. Gauge all crypto's through a variety of sources, feedback and a general understanding on how this space operates.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
January 13, 2019, 03:43:31 PM
CMC is a website that show you the coin’s price and exchanges information. For research, you have to do it yourself, not CMC. As of now, I think CMC is doing a pretty good job.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
January 13, 2019, 03:42:21 PM
It has long been known that cmc is compromised, which is why I use its alternatives, which, fortunately, are quite a lot on the network, and they are no less informative.
copper member
Activity: 153
Merit: 4
CCECOIN
January 13, 2019, 03:27:39 PM
CoinMarketCap is basically an information website about coins and tokens, if you do not trust the information they provide, there are other services that offer the same thing, I personally use an app called Coinstats.
Activity: 476
Merit: 104
Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur
January 13, 2019, 02:35:56 PM
Why not?  I think it is still very safe. What CMC does for the public is purely for information purposes. It in no way offers investment advice. The choice to invest rest purely on the investor. Advert of projects on the website does not mean endorsement.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
January 13, 2019, 02:20:33 PM
I’m starting to worry about coinmarketcap lately, after series of deceit and spammish activity
The following are my observed reasons

1. Many dead projects still on cmc

2. Market cap is fake Cox many projects which have seized to trade adds up to the market cap

3. Cmc doesn't verify authenticity of projects before listing it

4. CMC now have ads of fake icos on their website thereby leading people to scammers

Funny enough so many NOOBS believe anything and everything dey see on cmc to be authentic

Let me stop here and anyone against it should bring a proof to counter it
Or offer more options

Marketcap has always been fake on CMC. How do you know that the project listed are dead? Maybe CMC has more info than you think you have...Scam ads are practically everywhere nowadays. Even google has such ads. Moreover they do not advertise directly but using ad blocks from the same google adsense and other companies. So there is no their fault here as well.
Pages:
Jump to: