Pages:
Author

Topic: Is crypto legal in your country? - page 12. (Read 3516 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
November 07, 2018, 10:37:21 PM
Unfortunately not yet, this is because the political problems in my country are more dominant than the economy, until now my country has not given an official statement about crypto, they only say that crypto cannot be used for legal transactions.

Same in my country, until now there are no clear and definite rules regarding crypto in my country, the last statement from the finance minister is to prohibit using crypto for legal transactions and only fiat is legalized.
Activity: 579
Merit: 309
November 07, 2018, 09:49:35 PM
Unfortunately not yet, this is because the political problems in my country are more dominant than the economy, until now my country has not given an official statement about crypto, they only say that crypto cannot be used for legal transactions.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
www.codex.one
November 07, 2018, 09:32:24 PM
KYC are done to prevent members of some countries from participating in ICO because it is illegal over there. Does your country permit you to participate in ICO?

I don't think of a reason why ICO iis prohibited in a lot of countries. In my country, Philippines, we are free to join campaigns and also invest on the ICOS. We are not discouraged to do what we want, and no government is stopping us to support the cryptocurrencies that I think other countries should adopt.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
November 07, 2018, 09:15:49 PM
Fortunately crypto is legal in my country and even the tax problem is solved. The country i live in would be prepared to switch to crypto and i personally would be too. But until then it is still a long way.
Activity: 938
Merit: 266
November 07, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
KYC are done to prevent members of some countries from participating in ICO because it is illegal over there. Does your country permit you to participate in ICO?

in my country, the government stays neutral on cryptocurrency.  there are several companies that does online services where people can buy/sell bitcoins and ethereum.  some also have mobile wallet versions that also integrates bill payments and bank deposits/withdrawals.  of course, there are KYC needed for those who want larger daily transaction amounts.  those who doesn't want to do KYC and still transact on limited amount.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
November 07, 2018, 09:08:05 PM
In our county, yes, it is legal. In fact there are some applications for us that we want to convert our physical money to crytpocurrency. And it is almost innovated here. I am also felt sorry about the other country that is still being restricted to use and possess cryptocurrency.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit
November 07, 2018, 08:41:39 PM
there is no clear regulation about crypto in my country, my country also has not issued a regulation on crypto, it's just that there is a ban on using crypto currency as a transaction payment tool, I really hope the government in my country immediately issues a regulation for crypto and legalizes it
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
November 07, 2018, 08:29:37 PM
Illegal? What countries specifically is crypto illegal?
As far as I know there are no countries that have actually gone and made crypto illegal.
There were some who threatened (most notably India) but none that have actually made laws.

As far as the KYC thing goes, it would do you good to be more informed.
KYC has nothing to do with legality.
Know You Customer was a general policy many nations agreed upon to help stop money laundering.
Before this, you could open a foreign bank account in some countries without any documentation.
After this, you typically have to do it in person and provide IDs.
America is pretty strict with this regulation when it comes to banks.

For ICOs, there is nothing at all that says you have to do KYC.
But many companies don't want to deal with potential future legal issues by accepting US investors.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
November 07, 2018, 08:21:22 PM
I think there are many people who misunderstand the application of KYC to the ICO. In my opinion, the use of KYC is more of an emphasis on fraud that can be done by the participants. The state does not allow its people to use crypto, but the state does not allow crypto to be used as a transaction tool in their country. That way, in countries that still have the ban, the people can still use crypto and join the ICO as a positive step to make money.
Activity: 378
Merit: 16
November 07, 2018, 08:05:16 PM
In our country, there are no law regulation governing crypto currency and I could also say that it is legal in the Philippines because many crypto exchange services are registered with the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (central bank of the Republic of the Philippines).
Activity: 131
Merit: 2
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 07, 2018, 07:45:02 PM
The government of my country is still trying to figure out what cryptocurrency is all about, the benefits and the demerits that goes with it. They hardly think it as a waste of effort trying to invest time in things that are just imaginary.

As God will have it, it's neither legal nor illegal; paving way for the citizens to exploit the opportunity in making ends meet.
Activity: 784
November 07, 2018, 07:43:20 PM
Until now, in my country, the existence of crypto is still not approved by the government, but they also do not prohibit us from using crypto as long as it is only an investment tool. to participate in the ICO of my country also does not allow or prohibit it because every individual who bears all risks and the state is not responsible if the loss that occurs at one time in us.
Activity: 948
Merit: 110
November 07, 2018, 07:34:37 PM
in my country it prohibits crypto trading, because cryptocurrency can interfere with the existence of fiat currencies in my country. then crypto has a big risk because there is no clear law on crypto.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
November 07, 2018, 07:01:16 PM
Crypto is legal to my country. Because if you are going to see here in Philippines more established are using cryptocurrency. And the government recognize bitcoin as payment. I hope in the end my country will not against in bitcoin.
Activity: 462
November 07, 2018, 07:00:00 PM
countries that forbid, maybe, because there are many ico programs that are not real, in matters of investment, my country does not prohibit, whether the program is ico or something else, the state prohibits if crypto is made the main currency
Activity: 574
November 07, 2018, 06:54:53 PM
In my place, the government does not say its legal but they are not also saying that crypto is illegal. They only warned us about and told us to be extra careful when dealing with crypto. I guess they are still trying to figure out what crypto really is, its potential, its possible effect on the economy, and the risk assosiated with it.
Activity: 786
Merit: 10
November 07, 2018, 06:48:12 PM

My country Philippines allow us to participate in any of the ICO, because participating in any form of investments online, is not yet regulated, so people are free from participating in any of it, as long as we are aware of the possible outcome, a loss or a profit, it depends on how you study  in any type.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
November 06, 2018, 07:25:46 PM
Yes it is very legal in our country, our government already made regulation on it but I think their not much ICO project has been made, it maybe 3 ICOs has successfully lunch and 1 exchange site.
Activity: 643
Merit: 253
November 06, 2018, 06:26:08 PM
if in my country participating in an ICO it is permitted or legalized, so there is no limit for anyone to join an ICO.
only in my country doesn't it permit the existence of a real sale and purchase that uses a bitcoin exchange tool, that's all that is not permitted in my country.
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 06:24:41 PM
In my country, while this is not observed. Although in some of its regions such restrictions can be traced. (With regards to the Republic of Crimea). I'm from Russia.
Pages:
Jump to: