Pages:
Author

Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits - page 11. (Read 18255 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 101
Of course this depends on the coins we hold, if the chance to skyrocket in the future then hold is a good and profitable thing, but if the coin looks dead then immediately sell is a better thing.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Holding is the most successful strategy so far , yes it is valid anytime doing trade but the main issues is choosing correct coin , active development team look to make only project success not an easy created money as most new coins did .
Activity: 186
Merit: 2
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

Based on my experience , aside from trading , holding is still one of the best strategy that an investor can use to earn a good profits in cryptocurrency industry because in holding you'll just playing safe , all you need is to wait for the right time.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 152
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?

I agree with you OP we don't need to rely on the Bitcoin and ether only to take profits as some altcoins performed well against both ether and BTC in the recent bull run. Presently the market has not been recovered fully yet this makes the door of opportunities open for those peoples who are investing for longer period. It will be better to try New altcoins under TOP 100 on the CMC to minimise the risk.
To further minimize the risk again choose altcoin again in the CMC in the top 10 and it will make us feel safe but if it is curious and not afraid of any risk then it is better if you choose altcoin in top100 because the real thing if you want to invest in cryptocurency is out of the comfort zone we must dare to act with any risk.
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Disrupt the banking system!
Yes, I think hodling alts is still the most profitable way to gain a lot of money from. But i heavily depends when you enter the market and what coins you are buying.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
You just underestimate how profitable it is to hold some coins for a long time. It is also necessary to look for new investment solutions, but the HODL strategy should not be forgotten either.
They don't underestimate they just didn't know how big profit about HODLING a quality altcoins because if they are not holding altcoins with don't have any solid fundamentals for sure they will not make a big profit.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
HODLing is the still key the be rich on crytptocurrency and make profit. You earn a lot of money if you know waiting.
Activity: 244

I agree with you OP we don't need to rely on the Bitcoin and ether only to take profits as some altcoins performed well against both ether and BTC in the recent bull run. Presently the market has not been recovered fully yet this makes the door of opportunities open for those peoples who are investing for longer period. It will be better to try New altcoins under TOP 100 on the CMC to minimise the risk.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"
No, it isn't like that.

Go check the long term BTC chart or any altcoin which is in existence for more than  years. Check the historical data and you will notice that the price is bullish in long term with small correction here and there. This shows that cryptos are good investment in long term. People are calculating the inefficiency of long term HODL on the basis of this half year performance which makes any significance in mid term only. If you are here for long term that is 2-5 years, don't get bothered with these small term price fluctuation. But if you want quick profit in short term, trade according to TA.
good advice! I agree with you about BTC price(and maybe about some huge altcoins like ETH,NEO,XRP,BCH ) but most of altcoins costs nothing. most of them just collect money and don't even try to make some product. They forgot everything when they got hard cap. Of course some companies really tried to make some products but not much people can mentioned that. Usually people focus on HYPE coins and forget about real GEMs. Anyway when all market will grow up we can see how even shitcoins will get their chances to go up, but I prefer to find good ICO's and coins with potential and I don't want to sell it for some time and 1 or 2 year would be appropriate term for hold. 6 month this is really very short term.
Activity: 352
Yes, holding is still a very valid way to make reasonable profit in crypto as long as the token/coin you are holding is a potential one and it is also a good one to hold for long term, you can hold it because by the time you choose to sell it, the price will be high especially if you bought when the price was low.
Activity: 644
Merit: 262
Probably yes, but you have to choose the right coins to hold or "hodl", maybe the best coins to hold are the most famous and with an high market cap because it's difficult that these important coins will die
Activity: 456
Holding only may not do much good in this market, you need to keep making some good trades too. Overall it's definitely quality of a trade over quantity that matters most in growing your portfolio This is because we cut losses quickly so the gains that do happen need to be good.
Activity: 574

Yes of course still very profitable. But for my own day trading because of profit, every day was very pleasant. My first every day also cost money to live. And if I only do long-term investment certainly would be hard and I don't have enough money for living expenses.
Activity: 210
I think that the long-term hold of coins is not now the optimal strategy, because the market is quite unpredictable. I think that short-term and medium-term strategies are more reliable.
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
When you are deciding about certain period to be profitable or not, look for the charts.

Charts can give you perspective of whether the hold in particular can be profitable or not. If you see weekly or monthly charts that is mid term, you will see a bearish market. But if you look for yearly charts, you would see a parabolic charts with green candles. This means that Bitcoin is bullish in long term.

So, whether long term hodl is profitable or not?
Yes, it pretty much is.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I think this is one of the most calm and profitable strategies! Of course, trading is much more profitable, but it's very energy-consuming!
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
When I first started in crypto,I thought HODLING was the way forward, to make a good profit, so I held out. Only to face reality when I lost thousands and should have sold. Of course, this depends the coin. I think it might be a good idea to HODL for 6 months, and if a profit can be made - sell.
Activity: 504

You can gain if you will look for better opportunities, but it all depends on the market. Holding can save you from losing your money if the market is in bearish trend. If you will hold for a long term purpose, crypto price might increase multiple times. It depends on your strategy and circumstances whether if you will hold or not.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
No, it isn't like that.

Go check the long term BTC chart or any altcoin which is in existence for more than  years. Check the historical data and you will notice that the price is bullish in long term with small correction here and there. This shows that cryptos are good investment in long term. People are calculating the inefficiency of long term HODL on the basis of this half year performance which makes any significance in mid term only. If you are here for long term that is 2-5 years, don't get bothered with these small term price fluctuation. But if you want quick profit in short term, trade according to TA.
Activity: 102
Merit: 0
You just underestimate how profitable it is to hold some coins for a long time. It is also necessary to look for new investment solutions, but the HODL strategy should not be forgotten either.
Pages:
Jump to: