Pages:
Author

Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits - page 34. (Read 18255 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 2
February 28, 2018, 05:28:51 PM
HODLing is great if you buy a coin at a low. If you buy a coin on a high and see a downtrend. SELL and Re-buy. Don't HODL and wait for it go back up long term.

Why not sell half when you're at an all time high? Use those profits to either wait for your coin to dip down and rebuy or invest in another coin? I'm going to be using that strategy 2018.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 04:39:27 PM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?
Yes this are more project that still possible to earn a lot for holding it. there are many good project in the market right now that still under value so if you want to be one of the early adoptor just buy it and hold if you want to be rich someday and to  know what project it is its better to search for it in your own .

Agree. For instance if you look at tokens like https://hdcoin.co/ , it seems it will get you great returns in the long run. Plus there's an option to earn dividends.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ApolloX
February 28, 2018, 04:05:01 PM
Well, now that's a good question really. I'd recommend to sell everything for the decent price if possible and don't wait till it will be x10 or something like this...maybe 6 months after will prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to be wrong...
Activity: 2464
Merit: 603
February 28, 2018, 02:09:57 PM
Absolutely, especially while the market is down, which it is currently.
ApolloX
February 28, 2018, 12:52:44 PM
Currently I would not recommend to HODL because market is absolutely unpredictable...Scary situation, to be honest...Now I'm not sure whether I should hold my portfolio or not...
Activity: 58
February 28, 2018, 11:35:37 AM
IMO hodling still pays for it but nowadays the crypto market is more fluid than in the past and the gains are smaller. So, acting according with the up and down price movements you can maximise your profits easier than just hodling. In general it could be safer to trade instead hodling in case of a big correction as well.
Activity: 58
February 28, 2018, 11:16:11 AM
Not everything works, but at least you first see your coin chart on some markets. That way you can anticipate the risk of HODL more.
Activity: 351
February 28, 2018, 10:55:18 AM
im thinkin that holding is easiest way to earn, once earned or bought just wait.. and someday u will get ur price. but how much time u will wait... when will be exactly this moment to sell. u will want more and more. if u don´t have time for trading, just HODL and keep ur mind clear!
Activity: 204
February 28, 2018, 08:36:56 AM
For me during this times of slow and stable prices i think hodling is not a good option, i'd rather trade my existing coins especially those coming from ICO whether bounty or investment into top coins so i could make short profits from day trading since we don't know how long it will take for bitcoin to become bullish again.
Activity: 938
Merit: 101
February 28, 2018, 08:22:16 AM
Dont forget that holding has still risk. You should know when to sell them  before the coins will or will be out of value, cause thats the risk in holding altcoins for long time.
Merit: 10
February 28, 2018, 08:00:28 AM
I try to hold some altcoins and tokens hoping in the future to have an advantage but for now looking at the market exchanges is very worried there is always a deep decline but little increase
Dont be discourage because its normal for the price to be in dips so instead of worrying about the current value, treat it in a possitive way. Well for me I love dips because its an opportunity to buy and hodling coins for long term is profitable compared to short term trade.

You are right, there are many people who are panic when the price of coin decreases and start selling for loos. When every the price is decreasing it is a right time to move from the market and start working different things in order to control your emotions and feeling. Otherwise, you will be in the loss at the end of the day.
Activity: 48
February 28, 2018, 07:52:17 AM
holding is good, but i think you can buy more when it low price and sell when it high price to make more profit ^^
Activity: 1946
Merit: 502
February 28, 2018, 07:48:41 AM
There are only 2 scenarios when your holding a lot of coins,one is you will get huge profits because of holding them for maybe 2 to 3 years, and the other scenario will be the coins that youre holding will have no value in the future means you lost a lot of money and time.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
February 28, 2018, 07:48:19 AM
Holding a coin is too risky, because it can make your money multiply or gone.
So choosing a right coin is very important. Being millionaire will still depends upon the coin you will gonna invest with.
So if you want try also the different ways on how to earn more money, the more the ways you do the more percentage of becoming a millionaire.
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
February 28, 2018, 07:16:26 AM
I try to hold some altcoins and tokens hoping in the future to have an advantage but for now looking at the market exchanges is very worried there is always a deep decline but little increase
Dont be discourage because its normal for the price to be in dips so instead of worrying about the current value, treat it in a possitive way. Well for me I love dips because its an opportunity to buy and hodling coins for long term is profitable compared to short term trade.
copper member
Activity: 224
February 28, 2018, 07:12:34 AM
Yup, it`s still good strategy. Bitcoin will do its thing, we just need to have some patience. First of all looking in the past we can see one of bitcoin`s fall by 70% because of Mt.Gox hacking. Back to that time, a lot of people thought that it`s crash of the market, but Bitcoin didn`t think like that. It recovered and made another boom! That`s what we`ll see in next 6 months.
Definitely some parts of your portfolio (up to 50%) should be long-run investments, because they can do like 7x or 10x in future. But don`t forget about the market that is happening right now, so use another half of your portfolio to make gains from that.
Activity: 518
Merit: 108
February 28, 2018, 06:40:42 AM
I'm also sure that the strategy of a long-term holding is the best strategy, because it is with this type of opportunity that you can get a huge profit. Short-term manipulation may not give you a desired gain or even lead to a loss of funds.

If the short-term manipulation does not fix the loss, then you can try to play, provided that these coins are suitable for the long-term
Activity: 280
February 28, 2018, 04:30:14 AM
I'm also sure that the strategy of a long-term holding is the best strategy, because it is with this type of opportunity that you can get a huge profit. Short-term manipulation may not give you a desired gain or even lead to a loss of funds.
Activity: 26
February 28, 2018, 04:23:29 AM
I think HODLing is great tool to have in your arsenal, but no plan is a one trick pony.  You need to combo selling high, buying the dip, sometimes HODLing, and getting the good airdrops.
Activity: 148
February 28, 2018, 04:01:04 AM
Pages:
Jump to: