Pages:
Author

Topic: Is HODLINg still valid to make profits - page 33. (Read 18255 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 263
March 01, 2018, 04:40:07 PM
Not every coin/token is worth HODLing. Back when there were only a handful of cryptocurrencies and not much liquidity, hodl was a very viable option. However, things are different now. New cryptos are launching every day, but the attrition rate is higher than ever. Only 8% of active projects are maintained on Github, and only 5% of forked projects survive. Keep those statistics in mind when you are choosing the next project to HODL! Smart money is made by buying coins when they are undervalued, and selling when they are overvalued. Having a basic understanding of market cycles is invaluable if you want to make big money this year.
I believe that you just need to find the right projects. Those projects that are constantly evolving. Investing in such projects for a long time is much more profitable.
copper member
Activity: 258
Merit: 1
March 01, 2018, 02:43:07 PM
There are a lot of coins on the stock exchange, although most of them have nothing but a beautiful wrapper. Such coins eventually disappear, they are replaced by others. But there are also good coins that have a great potential for growth, but they are not noticed (they are not appreciated). Such coins and it is necessary to buy and HODL. True, I myself never keep more than six month
A good coin to buy is LEDU coin, bibox exchange offers a promo to its traders, the win Tesla.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
March 01, 2018, 02:34:53 PM
Holding coins for a while is one way of making a profit. However, to increase profits, you need to combine ways of generating income. Sometimes it's better to sell your coins with a sharp increase in the price, and when they go down, buy them again. Thus, it is possible to increase their number, and not only to make profit due to their growth in price.

Totally agree with you! I bought a token on TokenSale held it, the price rose well! Then he sold the coins! As soon as the price fell, I bought this coin again! Thus you get a constant profit! Holding + trading skill will make you your money income! Only together it gives a good result! Wink
but how to be confident that the coin that you have chosen will have it is such fluctuations, which will give you a constant profit, on which you say? and even more so there is a more stable projects under which coin grows price and there remains.

I choose a project that promises a good price for its token! But due to the fall and growth of the bitcoin rate, the token I bought also has a price pulsation! Then you need to monitor and analyze when there will be a decline or rise in prices! The most important thing is not to be greedy and not to rush when trading on the stock exchange! And then you'll be able to trade on the exchange!
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
March 01, 2018, 02:11:12 PM
This recipee could be a thing of the past. Nowdays it may be better to look for opportunities as lots of talent is going into the market. Do you still think of becoming a millionaire by hodling?
I think hodling is still a good way to make profits as I see the market as not reached its full potential as only a few people know of cryptocurrencies.

Given more time, say another 5 years from now am sure the market would have grown and demand for cryptos would have grown.
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
March 01, 2018, 01:09:47 PM
More than 70,000 respondents expressed their opinion in a poll of Ron Paul, which he launched on his Twitter:
"A rich man wants to give you $ 10,000. You can choose in what form to receive this gift. But there is a limit: you must store the gift in the form that you choose, and you can not touch it for 10 years. In what form would you like to receive a gift? ".

At the time of publication, 70 513 people took part in the survey, 54% of whom chose to receive money in bitcoin, and 36% - in gold. Only 8% would prefer government bonds and only 2% would like to receive money in the form of bank notes of the Federal Reserve Bank.

Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
March 01, 2018, 10:44:56 AM
I think holding an asset is very important to look for bigger profits but one must be prepared to wait for the price movement to increase first.Because the price of coin is very difficult in the prediction and only luck that can rely on a trader.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
March 01, 2018, 08:34:46 AM
Yes it could be, But it is not easy to become a millionaire, stick with it. who will think next year there is a miracle. but trust yourself
Activity: 350
March 01, 2018, 07:58:55 AM
A relic of times gone by? Have you been in these gatherings at all for as far back as years or months? Hodl is as legitimate today as it at any point was - however recall, hodl isn't a certification of benefit.
Nothing is a certification. You can exchange day by day or hodl for a considerable length of time and years, and your odds at making benefit or misfortune isn't subject to that procedure alone, however on the choices that influenced you to touch base at those methodologies. I am a holder, by nature of the way I move in crypto.
I don't have room schedule-wise to watch advertises each day, or the money to contribute everywhere throughout the market. So I invest what energy and cash I have onto little coins that I am inspired with and can be sufficiently tolerant for two or even three years. That makes me a holder. Will I benefit? I can't tell yet, yet I trust so!
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
March 01, 2018, 05:40:32 AM
I do believe that holding coins can make a profit later, now I'm holding it because I'm haven't earned with my investment. I'm losing my investment because I'm bought it when the price high.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
March 01, 2018, 05:28:47 AM
Holding a coin for long term profit is still one of the best strategy and this is already proven by many cryptocurrency investors. Trading a coin is really profitable but risky, you need a good skills to be able to perform a successful trading. In holding a coin, you only need to wait for the price to rise in a profitable level.
As you said trading need o good skills to be able to perform a successful, while holding, only need to wait for the price to rise. I think it is not exactly. Many coins which will never increase its price even it will not be list exchange site. You also need skills choose a good coin before buying it, if you chose a bad coin then you still are lost your money. However, i agree that holding is easier than trading.
Activity: 588
March 01, 2018, 04:49:35 AM
Holding a coin for long term profit is still one of the best strategy and this is already proven by many cryptocurrency investors. Trading a coin is really profitable but risky, you need a good skills to be able to perform a successful trading. In holding a coin, you only need to wait for the price to rise in a profitable level.
Activity: 364
March 01, 2018, 04:43:38 AM
its the dilemma. no doubt - its more profitable to trade if man know how to do this or know when to exit at least. yeah, u always can cash out ur initial investment once u've made profit, just to be on safe side. Hodling has finally proven how much harm can do to unsuspecting and unwise investors. all need to keep the mind is clear and rethink all this hodling thing.
Activity: 183
March 01, 2018, 04:24:23 AM
for me, the answer is yes of course, as long as we can hold the coin which we could buy at lower price and somehow until now, the price is still given a profit although the price is down. I have many coins that I already buy at the last year and I still hold until now and I don't think that I am a loss now because the price is still higher than the price I buy in last year.
it is true what you do only by buying a certain coin that is still in the low price and just keep it in a long time then there will be an advantage at other times this way you need to imitate.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
March 01, 2018, 04:10:30 AM
for me, the answer is yes of course, as long as we can hold the coin which we could buy at lower price and somehow until now, the price is still given a profit although the price is down. I have many coins that I already buy at the last year and I still hold until now and I don't think that I am a loss now because the price is still higher than the price I buy in last year.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
March 01, 2018, 12:22:58 AM
Not every coin/token is worth HODLing. Back when there were only a handful of cryptocurrencies and not much liquidity, hodl was a very viable option. However, things are different now. New cryptos are launching every day, but the attrition rate is higher than ever. Only 8% of active projects are maintained on Github, and only 5% of forked projects survive. Keep those statistics in mind when you are choosing the next project to HODL! Smart money is made by buying coins when they are undervalued, and selling when they are overvalued. Having a basic understanding of market cycles is invaluable if you want to make big money this year.
Activity: 196
March 01, 2018, 12:16:04 AM

You could be a millionaire not just by holding but also you need some stable bitcoin income to further increase your chances of being a bitcoin millionaire.
If you are just holding a small amount of bitcoin it wont help you at all, you need to grow your bitcoin so that becoming a millionaire is not a dream away.

agree with this opinion. we need to increase the amount of our coin (btc or else) so that we can increase our profits when they skyrocketed later. but as always, don't put all of your money in crypto, always prepare for the worst.

Increase the amount of investing is increasing the risk to our capital in the same way.
Are you ready to increase your risk? If not dont ever think to increase your profit amount.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
February 28, 2018, 11:34:49 PM
Well, now that's a good question really. I'd recommend to sell everything for the decent price if possible and don't wait till it will be x10 or something like this...maybe 6 months after will prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to be wrong...

Right now the market are highly volatile and holding is not enough. I have to agreed that setting your goal is a good idea, holding doesn’t mean you will hold it forever sell on a higher price and buy back after some dump. We can make profit on holding but you have to be wise on that.
Activity: 839
Merit: 500
February 28, 2018, 11:34:41 PM
Yes. If you choose the right coins to HODL, it can make good profit. As you see HODLing LTC, ETH and some other coins made a lots of people good profits. We have also seen some new ICOs' this year which have a potential for good mid-term profit.
Activity: 420
February 28, 2018, 11:16:32 PM
yes! the history of all rich people becuase of bitcoin is holding they become to it because they believe and long time hold if this is not a good strategy do you think a lot of users will do that? not of course!
becuase hold is the little way of success in digital currencies.
Activity: 117
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 10:56:39 PM
hold the coin too long and for the long term, I don't think it will benefit such as short-term because if in the short term can simply sell when the price is high. If too long stifled then would have missed an awful lot of opportunity when the price goes up.
Pages:
Jump to: