Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market? - page 17. (Read 84894 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 21
September 12, 2018, 12:18:00 AM
|For me yes, specially on the first stage which you can have the a good deal of price off. Also there's a thing that sometimes the token is sold out specially if the project is on demand around the crypto market. So better to buy some token during the ICO.

But you need to be ready on price dump after the ICO, cause that is the common system because it need time to fully develop of the main system or the service as well.
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain
September 12, 2018, 12:15:24 AM
It all really depends on the timing.  Right now in 2018 it's 100% better to wait for it to hit the market.  Have it sell off.  Then buy in cheap.  Back in the day you had to get in on the ICO as it auto launched as it hit the exchange.  The exact opposite is happening now.  
Activity: 364
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
September 12, 2018, 12:14:44 AM
I think it is better to buy at ICO then at the market. The prices will be cheaper so the potential profit will be higher too. Though such a purchase can be riskier but the income can be bigger too.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
September 12, 2018, 12:14:19 AM
I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

The only reason the price dumps so hard is because of the bounty holders. When they first hit a good exchange they will pump pretty good if it is a decent coin, with a strong community. Bounty holders then sell and keep trying to be cheaper then the last guy etc. I believe bounty payments should be dispersed in payments like once a month get 10% of total due. And make them wait 3-6 months before sending the first payment. Give the investors a chance at the market first. If you invest YOUR MONEY your not going to want to sell for cheaper!
Activity: 163
Merit: 0
September 12, 2018, 12:08:38 AM
We can earn money not only in Bull Market, but also in Bear Market. Everytime we can do that, if we have experience and have lucky.
Bear market ran for a long time and i believe bull market will come soon. This time is good for buy more cheaper token!
Activity: 266
September 12, 2018, 12:04:55 AM
Bounty tokens may be cheaper but will not last forever plus you will get access to airdrops and events during the ICO campaign that will give you free tokens. If you are truly an investor, you will support the project considering you like it and know what will happen. I would prefer to buy during ICO.
Activity: 58
September 11, 2018, 11:34:11 PM
I suppose they all have strengths and disadvantages. By buying ICO, the price is very cheap and promotional but may be experiencing risk. Buying in the market is definitely more, but the price is usually high. Should have the right price strategy to ensure high profits
Activity: 602
September 11, 2018, 05:21:53 PM
It seems to me everything depends on the situation on the market.  If the market is unstable and the price of coins is very low, it is better to buy coins on the market and not risk investing in ICO.
but we must be aware that if the investment does not come during the ico time, then even the most promising project will not have the opportunity for development.
Activity: 170
September 11, 2018, 05:08:17 PM
In this subject, I can recommend to read the report of the website icorating, called ICO Market Research Q2 2018.
There are very interesting details in it. For example, 57% of the tokens listed in exchanges were traded below the ICO price, 3 days after the listing. Also, an interesting fact is, that the median return was -21,59%. And only 7% of the ICOs were actualy listed on exchanges! That means, that most of the time, it was realy not a good idea to invest in the ICO, it is better to wait until it is listed on the exchanges.
However, there were exceptions even in this bearish market, like Quarkchain, which had a very nice return. At least for those who succeeded to participate in the ICO, which was actualy not easy. But it shows, that the best ICOs could still bring a nice ROI.
I also noticed, that after listing on an exchange, the price is usually dropping very quickly, so often it is even better to purchase a couple days after listing.
And before we make any rush consequence, we all know how fast this market can change, so I can imagine, ICO investing to become profitable again in the near future.
Activity: 171
September 11, 2018, 04:15:47 PM
It seems to me everything depends on the situation on the market.  If the market is unstable and the price of coins is very low, it is better to buy coins on the market and not risk investing in ICO.
Activity: 653
September 11, 2018, 10:32:28 AM
Buy coin during ico its have more lower price than when listing coin on the market, but we have to know buy during at ico is hard for waiting the coin will listing on the market. many ico have failed listing their coin on the market because scam of ico project.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
September 11, 2018, 10:23:14 AM
It really depends on the project. As practice shows the price of the most ICO tokens is lower on the market after its release. But there are some cases when it is more profitable to buy during the ICO period.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
September 11, 2018, 10:17:08 AM
Buying during ICO could bring you more benefits but these days not every ICO is a safe one so I suggest you buy in market
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 10:16:42 AM
I recommend buying during ICO it's the safest investment. On the stock exchange, it may happen that the coin will go up dramatically and you will not be able to buy it at a lower price. Although it all comes down to the choice of the project in which you are investing, a good project in any case will grow, but bad in any case will disappear over time.
Activity: 49
September 11, 2018, 10:14:58 AM
I think there is nothing wrong in investing in ICO actually. However, due to recent issues of many scams and bearish factor taking a toil in the prices of coins once they land in market, hence, it has made so many to take off as regards ICO. Leave to me, I will always prefer it getting go market before I make any move. It will even safe the stress of going through process like Kyc.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 10:13:22 AM
The question is a very valid question whether to buy a token during ICO or to buy in the market after the ICO. I think the answer may very depending on what type of a trader you are. If you are a long time holder, I think you may do both because the investment willbe holded as an asset and will take time and mature before selling. For a day to day trader, maybe he/she can also do the same but I think it is more advisable and mostly practiced by investors buying during ICOs.
Activity: 260
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 09:55:25 AM
The ICO is surely a risk. No one knows whether a certain ICO token will have a higher market price after being released in the market so profit will not always be assured. While on the other hand, investing after the ico would be a better option because there's a chance that the price would go down and will again increase after some time.
Activity: 78
September 11, 2018, 09:41:16 AM
I understand about investing in ico and I also have never invested in ico, because now this is a lot of ico that looks good but it turns out to be a scam, and ico that looks bad it turns out to be a success.
copper member
Activity: 140
quarkchain.io
September 11, 2018, 09:30:52 AM
It is profitable to buy in the bull market on top ICO, in 2017 they could immediately give x3-x5 coins that were solely listed on the stock exchange. Now on the contrary - 5-10x see.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
September 11, 2018, 09:30:39 AM
There are no clear concepts, there are examples of both in the direction and the same in reverse, if you take in the long term I suggest taking a coin at ICO. But if you are an active trader and want to trade this coin, you can wait until it to the exchange and trace the movement of course.
Pages:
Jump to: