Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 594. (Read 1181208 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
January 26, 2016, 11:34:19 AM
i can argue that holding on bank itself is more risky, due to the possibility of bankruptcy, and in fact their interest is equal to the risk, very low, because the risk is very low

The interest rate is not that low if you are choosing deposits plan account , it could be as high as 10% annually and about 8% annually after the income tax reduction so it is quite high instead if you choose to keep bitcoin alone without even trading with it, thats totally a waste
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 26, 2016, 11:07:18 AM
I think its better to save money. You can store it on the bank.
You get interest for it and later you can invest in something bigger.

again interest in the bank is non-existing, you better of investing in gold that at least should increase in the future by small %, always better than a bank

The difference between the two is that banks give an assured interest amount while gold prices can increase or decrease any time which can also lead to a loss. Banks do have recurring deposit or investment options that give users 10-20% profit but that is again risky.

i can argue that holding on bank itself is more risky, due to the possibility of bankruptcy, and in fact their interest is equal to the risk, very low, because the risk is very low
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
January 26, 2016, 11:00:38 AM
I think now at this time that you have to invest. Because I think Bitcoins is now becoming more valuable. And it would be a shame if you can not take advantage out.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
January 26, 2016, 09:59:53 AM
I would say go invest its much better and you probably make a lot of profit in the future. Otherwise a bank is secure, the only thing is you gain only a little profit. Plus its easy to spent money from a bank, bitcoin is a different kind of money so you don't spent it on every store.

But for the future I would choose investing to gain more profit.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
January 26, 2016, 09:30:54 AM
I think its better to save money. You can store it on the bank.
You get interest for it and later you can invest in something bigger.

again interest in the bank is non-existing, you better of investing in gold that at least should increase in the future by small %, always better than a bank

The difference between the two is that banks give an assured interest amount while gold prices can increase or decrease any time which can also lead to a loss. Banks do have recurring deposit or investment options that give users 10-20% profit but that is again risky.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 26, 2016, 04:50:31 AM
I think it is better to invest in bitcoins.
ultimately there is more profit to be gained.
With the future ahead bitcoin will rise up.
Activity: 348
January 25, 2016, 11:57:00 PM
Invest of course !

much better to do both. save money in the bank to be able to invest some in bitcoins
Activity: 532
January 25, 2016, 11:32:02 PM
Investing in knowledge is always good thing,
so if you have some extra money always try to invest in yourself as much as you can!
yeah agree, I think you have to calculate how much money you have, and you should be smart management. not good to save money too much, reserving a few percent to the investment, is it better
Activity: 332
January 25, 2016, 08:40:37 PM
Invest of course !
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
January 25, 2016, 07:46:39 PM
Investing in something that has a guaranteed assurity with it is not considered risky but investing in something like property, bitcoins and gold has the risk factor involved.

Every investment has a risk factor included. You cant omit the risk factor from investment or else it wont be called as investment anymore. There is no such as easy money or free lunch since everything works on two side ways where there is a risk to everything and there is profit as well if thing will be going on a good way
If you invest safely in things that aren't volatile in price but are slowly rising, you might not lose as much.

The things that you mean must be gold. Gold is stable but bitcoin is the new gold right now and we dont really need a physical gold anymore. Bitcoin has almost the same graph with gold at the early stages so unless you can hold something this risky as bitcoin then you wont get any good return from investing in bitcoin
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
January 25, 2016, 07:43:38 PM
Investing in something that has a guaranteed assurity with it is not considered risky but investing in something like property, bitcoins and gold has the risk factor involved.

Every investment has a risk factor included. You cant omit the risk factor from investment or else it wont be called as investment anymore. There is no such as easy money or free lunch since everything works on two side ways where there is a risk to everything and there is profit as well if thing will be going on a good way
If you invest safely in things that aren't volatile in price but are slowly rising, you might not lose as much.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
January 25, 2016, 07:29:08 PM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
January 25, 2016, 07:22:32 PM
If you want to earn extra money, then invest. If you don't want extra money, save.
who people do not want extra money? i think all people want it. but most people take too many risks as investing in ponzi site. because it wants to increase revenue

just keep in mind, just because bitcoin is creating opportunities like those ponzis or any other form investment form doesnt mean its the best scenario.

often most people think too hard or rational to get a safe return. I would still stick with traditional forms, then btcjam or any other form bitcoin has created.

and then hedge it back buying bitcoin when its low.
Activity: 546
January 25, 2016, 06:22:22 PM
save money or invest... depends on how much each person can take risk so if you invest more either you make more money in long run or you may loose also. It is complete individual choice.

Investing in something that has a guaranteed assurity with it is not considered risky but investing in something like property, bitcoins and gold has the risk factor involved. People who want to save taxes choose these options and often find it useful as anyways they need to pay taxes. Investing this money is a preferable option.

There is nothing like a guaranteed assurance for profit. Never was never will be.
But still saving is a waste since your money will be worth less because of inflation and a low interest.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
January 25, 2016, 04:04:34 PM
save money or invest... depends on how much each person can take risk so if you invest more either you make more money in long run or you may loose also. It is complete individual choice.

Investing in something that has a guaranteed assurity with it is not considered risky but investing in something like property, bitcoins and gold has the risk factor involved. People who want to save taxes choose these options and often find it useful as anyways they need to pay taxes. Investing this money is a preferable option.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2016, 03:35:30 PM

I'm not really a big fan of gold as an investment. I believe it's always better to invest majority of your money when speaking of a long term time span rather than save. Stocks would be the best long term investment. Bitcoin does not have a 200 year history like the other investments shown above. so I would say it's very speculative. Bitcoin as an investment in the long term will either be an utter failure or big home run. Personally I'm betting on the latter!
It also depends on the long term though. I mean if you are going to invest in it for some months or a year then it would be fine and the price will be stable with some gains for you.The possibility of long term decrease is quite low now.Nothing is sure but more precise.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
January 25, 2016, 02:00:07 PM
http://topforeignstocks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Stocks-vs-Bond-Very-Long-Term1.png

I'm not really a big fan of gold as an investment. I believe it's always better to invest majority of your money when speaking of a long term time span rather than save. Stocks would be the best long term investment. Bitcoin does not have a 200 year history like the other investments shown above. so I would say it's very speculative. Bitcoin as an investment in the long term will either be an utter failure or big home run. Personally I'm betting on the latter!
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
January 25, 2016, 01:41:25 PM
For me it's always saving 50% of the money and investing 50% of the income. I prefer investing in properties as it's always useful to have a house rather than something like bitcoins, gold or other ways of investments. I also choose how much I need to invest and every year I search for better opportunities.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
January 25, 2016, 11:39:10 AM
This question is always asked by many and often people decide to save a large sum of money for their future needs and invest amounts that they can lose.

Investments too can be made in a very safe way and need not be always lost, a ratio proportion of how much investment you'd like to make should be determine. Like short term investment, medium and long-term investment. Usually long term investments yield a lot, and can be safe like Term deposits and Public Provident funds, Government bonds etc, while Short term investments in the stock market shares and  mutual funds would ideal paths.

You got it. In most of the cases, other don't like the idea of investing since the first thing that will come up in their mind is the loss thing.

Yes there are some ways to minimize loss and by proper planning and executing everything will be fine. Depends on the type of investment, one must conduct a broad and fixed plan to execute properly all things that will be on hand before engaging in the world of investing.
Activity: 448
January 25, 2016, 11:26:27 AM
I think it will be better to invest in Bitcoins, it has a big future a head and I think it will get more common used in the future.
If you buy it now, it will be more worth in the future.
Jump to: