Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that 99% of all airdrops are shitcoins of bad projects ? - page 16. (Read 2713 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
It is recently that the concept of Airdrop has been abuse, I read than NEW was also airdrop and even in early days of BTC it wss airdrop to some members on BCT and Reddit forum just to build up a strong community around the project, but now what we see is that the developers farm addresses and start dumping on the community as soon as the token get listed on the exchange another thing now is that most people even dump their tokens immediately on exchange because there is no attachment to the project long term
I agree with your opinion. airdrop for now lacks trust and if any, those who get kpin will immediately sell it if the coin is in the market.

That means developer need to change their strategy back like in past when airdrops is very complicated to join and we do some task like what developer said and then we can get tokens. But some of them think if social media is trend to build community for now.
copper member
Activity: 420
Merit: 26
Irrespective of the fact that the space is crazy with so many scammy projects out there it is not proper for you to generalize it. 99% is almost 100% with a difference of 1% , so the Gap is too little how about you reduce it down to 45% legit while the other 55% are scams I will agree with that. There are good Airdrop out there, carry out more research about what you participate in to avoid waste of time.
Activity: 382
Merit: 10
It is recently that the concept of Airdrop has been abuse, I read than NEW was also airdrop and even in early days of BTC it wss airdrop to some members on BCT and Reddit forum just to build up a strong community around the project, but now what we see is that the developers farm addresses and start dumping on the community as soon as the token get listed on the exchange another thing now is that most people even dump their tokens immediately on exchange because there is no attachment to the project long term
I agree with your opinion. airdrop for now lacks trust and if any, those who get kpin will immediately sell it if the coin is in the market.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
From my own experience I can tell from all the airdrops that I know the top projects were only: Vite, Ontlogy, Dfinity. All others were shitcoins Angry

for now
yes ,
even bounty also same recently.
well
airdrop is a airdrop
who know what will be
dont be have a big hope just from what they say , i mean team behind the airdrop scene.
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
They are really bad eggs. its true that 99% of all airdrops are shitcoins of bad projects!! iI personally have stop campaigning for them .
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
Airdrops have been abused in recent time with a lot of shit coin all around which never make it to the exchange and at that becoming worthless because you can not trade them when there not listed, but before now it was not so airdrop was a great way to created awareness about a new project and in that they give out free coins through airdrop even bitcoin at it early stage engaged in airdrop.
Activity: 168
I think that it is impossible to say so and generalize everything. Because her everything can be smooth and perfect. Of course, each coin can find not very good projects. But still ethereum will remain the best altcoin.
Activity: 385
Yes, I think you are right. I participated in 100 airdrops and recieved only 3-4. But now I participate only in airdrops whch tokens are traded on any exchange. For example, aelf is a nice one.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
There are many good projects and there will be even more !  Delve into the idea and technology , but be careful not to invest all the money that you have !
Activity: 658
Catena X
Actually, I have only two experiences joining airdrops. From the two, one is listed on the exchange and I got nice rewards from it. the ways are also very easy with the very ease and common tasks. But, one airdrop was scam. They were like legit but in fact they were scammers. Well, in this case I cannot say that 99% is shitcoins. It will depend on the projects and how much you will get.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
It is near to that figure of percentage but there are still legit airdrops to participate you should only be picky to a ton of projects that launches campaigns every single day, do not count the number of projects that you are joining you should also consider their quality and legitimacy, it's true that there are bad and fraudulent projects that request a lot of tasks but still in the midst of those scams you can always dig hidden gems.
Activity: 546
I dont think so that most of airdrops are bad projects. For example I have participiated in EOSISH airdrop, it is one of the top in recent times, and I suppose it will be profitable.
Activity: 406
keyTango
Yes, I think that's true. All that is connected with free airdrop reminds me of something alms given to poor people. I would not participate in it because for me it is unacceptable.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
I do not believe you would find 1 good airdrop from 100.

You may be lucky to find 1 good airdrop from 10 000

You may also make better use of your time by enjoying your life instead of putting yourselves through all the hopes and shattered dreams.

POW is the only way to distribute tokens/coins

Last year there was a number of airdrops and forks that you could make money from. All Bitcoin forks were worth something. If you had 10 BTC you were making at between $100 and $1000 every time if you only remembered to cash out the new fork. Airdrops were also pretty nice. Stellar lumens were a pretty valuable coins, bytes as well. Then there was yobit coin that also was worth some money.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
The truth is that about 95% of ICO projects and startups do not survive in the market conditions. It might have been good projects, but projects better which ousted them from the market. IMHO
Activity: 854
I'm not sure if "99%" but all these fake airdrops only want to get your email address (expect spam messages) or want to have many followers in social media platforms, or they are hoping that you to enter your private keys in the airdrop form.
Activity: 770
https://streamies.io/
From my own experience I can tell from all the airdrops that I know the top projects were only: Vite, Ontlogy, Dfinity. All others were shitcoins Angry
I do not think that. The altcoins have their own uses and it works with other partners to make the blockchain technology even more popular. But all manipulation is related to Bitcoin and USDT, which is true. I know the ICO projects are bad now but because the market goes down so everything is very difficult. You should sympathize for them.
RBF
Activity: 212
Merit: 114
Do not be so negative , Are you sure you know all the projects, ICOs? Every day there are dozens of ICOs. You know all about them? Before a project runs ICO, it needs community cause they run the airdrop.

Activity: 140
Merit: 16
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
I don't know about 95% but 50% of them really don't look like real. And this is why I don't invest my money in new coins since 2016 year
legendary
Activity: 973
Merit: 1053
for me 100$ ico airdrops are waste of time. specially Eth based tokens. although if the airdrop is of a token which is listed in a exchange then I consider joining that for sure. I always join Airdrops that are of good projects. otherwise I don't.
the icos who airdrop do not really care for the participants. they just care about the number to increase.
Pages:
Jump to: