Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it true that 99% of all airdrops are shitcoins of bad projects ? - page 20. (Read 2713 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 10
From my own experience I can tell from all the airdrops that I know the top projects were only: Vite, Ontlogy, Dfinity. All others were shitcoins Angry
You are right but what am not sure of is the percentage. I have quit participating in airdrops for sometime now due to the fact that majority of them will end up being either a scam or a worth less project. I got an airdrop reward I took part in the beginning of this year just last week and the value of all I got was 26 cents. It is so disheartening.
Activity: 616
Merit: 102
Yes for airdrop that (the project team) did not held an ICO, not being listed on an exchange was the reason it become a useless coin/token. Unlike a project that did both airdrop and ICO, which has money raised for coin/token listing on an exchange and also for development.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I know the top projects were only: Vite, Ontlogy, Dfinity.
don't forget also that bitcoin cash is a coin that comes from airdrop bitcoin. stellar also comes from airdrop and these two coins are in the top rank.
Activity: 298
Merit: 10
For now. Yes. Many airdrops have been abused. But some of them were successful. If there are better airdrops. I will continue to do so. If one of them is successful. Then we earn very objective profits from it. So. Don't be too pessimistic.
Activity: 236
Merit: 3
It's not right to make a generalization this way. Most recently, the Hydro Airdrop had been very good winners. Nobody can call Hydro to SCAM.
I support your view,  though vast numbers of Airdrops are shitcoins created by few set of people trying to see if their project can make it to the market and dump thereafter.
It is quite difficult to get a real airdrop, but they are still out there,  recently some people still made cash from coinMD, Energi, while I  benefited mostly from exchange coin airdrops and still benefiting from Staker STR every weekend.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Most of them are and that's statistic you got is accurate IMO.

I don't join airdrops even before during the days where the projects were all amazing and has a chance to emerge. But now most of them even they are offering good amount of airdrop, the value is still being determined by the demand of that project. Now most of them are bad and scams.
Activity: 185
Merit: 2
Honestly, I haven’t done airdrop for a very long time, because I came to this conclusion a very long time ago!
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
It's not right to make a generalization this way. Most recently, the Hydro Airdrop had been very good winners. Nobody can call Hydro to SCAM.
Activity: 420
Merit: 6
Of course, this is the truth of life in the cryptocurrency world. I think somewhere out of 60 bounty projects there can be a current 1 worthy project and it is almost impossible to guess. But airdrop is worse than in the bounty because basically scam projects make the current airdrop since this is easier to do. But not even such projects can be earned if you come up with the mind.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
It is recently that the concept of Airdrop has been abuse, I read than NEW was also airdrop and even in early days of BTC it wss airdrop to some members on BCT and Reddit forum just to build up a strong community around the project, but now what we see is that the developers farm addresses and start dumping on the community as soon as the token get listed on the exchange another thing now is that most people even dump their tokens immediately on exchange because there is no attachment to the project long term
Activity: 222
Merit: 2
From my own experience I can tell from all the airdrops that I know the top projects were only: Vite, Ontlogy, Dfinity. All others were shitcoins Angry
Pages:
Jump to: