Pages:
Author

Topic: Is lying now part of human nature? - page 4. (Read 969 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
May 28, 2022, 12:17:23 AM
Man was born and conceived in sin,It is human nature to sin,it's only God that that cannot lie,I'm not trying to justify the fact that lieing is not bad,it's quite bad but most activities today are done using lies,that is to say that one lies to get what they want.  People tend to love lies than truth in today's society,that is why most people prefer lieing than saying the truth.
Activity: 672
Merit: 16
May 23, 2022, 05:42:40 PM
No man can say since he came to this world he never lied before. Lie is part of the nature of man,sometimes  we lie to protect ourselves to people who can be toxic by not giving them information of our real self, sometimes lie can just be the only option to save your life at the moment. When lie comes be what can hinder a brother or sister in one way or the other, lying against someone else this is when lies becomes evil. Lying to benefit from someone is evil
Activity: 686
Merit: 527
Leo is resting.
May 23, 2022, 12:04:51 PM
Telling a fib today is considered harmless and most people seem to lie so quickly and are very good at it too. We all know lying isn't good anyway it's being looked at but we all indulge in it and very frequently too. And today, it is considered harmless and a little white lie; almost innocent lol.
Can we as humans ever stop telling lies?

Of course, humans can avoid telling lies because nobody was born with that nature, it is a habit that one cultivates to live so stopping it only requires the person(Lier to say things that he or she is aware of or better still keep callm. Also, the society we live in today accepts lies more than the truth so for you to convince them you tend to say lies so long as it will help you to get what you want not minding the fact you're doing the wrong thing.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 504
May 22, 2022, 05:27:28 PM
The truth is, humans will always lie and let's accept that fact. Every individual in this forum at some point in time must have told a lie. The difference could be what prompted it and for what purpose the lies is meant to archive. You might lie to save or cause trouble and some other times to keep your ego. Non of that is acceptable as they all hide what is actual and ought to be accepted no matter how bitter it might have seemed.

Let's be clear on something, even choosing not to tell the truth and by that I mean, avoiding to tell the truth could typically be classified as lying. You know the fact but have chosen to keep it in the shadows. Its often best you let the receiver deal with it.
Activity: 130
Merit: 25
May 22, 2022, 05:14:14 PM
   There are two types of lying , maybe bad or good. Sometime White lies can help us to hide the real thing to avoid any conflict or Argument. An the other one can cause a war or conflict. Lying it's connected in our life we can not deny it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
May 22, 2022, 11:03:31 AM
Lying is against every moral belief but then, it kind of has become essential in most people's lives. Humans can't help but tell a lie or two and will go as far as calling it a "necessity".
 I don't think the human beings can live without the art of lying now as it has sunk into our minds that it's one of the means of survival.
Lying is against all moral believe, yes is accepted because no tribe that likes lies or benefits from lying, to lie bring some hindrance to certain opportunities, right now i believe that nobody for this Earth who likes lies and who believe with likes. I does not tell lies because it can deprived some thing if the person I'm dealing with notice, so we need Skip that from our memory knowing likes can bring down our reputation.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
May 19, 2022, 02:54:05 AM
Lying is against every moral belief but then, it kind of has become essential in most people's lives. Humans can't help but tell a lie or two and will go as far as calling it a "necessity".
 I don't think the human beings can live without the art of lying now as it has sunk into our minds that it's one of the means of survival.
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1004
May 18, 2022, 06:59:57 PM
Lying is against the accepted norms and value of the society, therefore it cannot be part of human nature. Just as a child is born blank without knowledge of anything until the family and society begins to inculcate certain behavior that is how humans learn how to lie. Although sometimes  we are forced to lie because of certain conditions such as lying to avoid sanctions or get certain favour, but it does not in anyway entail that it is part of human nature. Believing that it is part of human nature would give us the boldness or excuse to keep lying. The question you would asked yourself is how do you feel when someone lie to you? Do you just say, it's part of human nature or you start distrusting that person. Lie leads to so many ills in the society, hence it should be abhorred totally. 
Activity: 1890
Merit: 328
May 18, 2022, 10:46:42 AM

Telling lies did not start today. It has been there right from man's creation in Eden according to Bible narration. We saw how Jacob deceived and lied to his father Isaac to get Esau's blessings. His grandfather Abraham also did it to save his life before Abimelech. Today most people lie like it means nothing anymore. Husbands lying to wives and wives doing same. Even children. The painful one is clergy doing same in order to entice their congregation so they can relax and feel excited to bring out money.
copper member
Activity: 1260
Merit: 698
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 18, 2022, 07:02:12 AM
Telling a fib today is considered harmless and most people seem to lie so quickly and are very good at it too. We all know lying isn't good anyway it's being looked at but we all indulge in it and very frequently too. And today, it is considered harmless and a little white lie; almost innocent lol.

All lies are not bad , if you are lying for selfish reasons, it is bad but if you lie for humanity then it is fine because humanity is  above morality. Though we all are brought up not to tell lies and be honest and truthful in all situations  but we do lie. There are tons of reasons why do we lie and some are acceptable and some are not but bitter pill to swallow is that we do lie  which simply means that lying is in our nature and that is the bitter truth. We tend to lie in some situation because we think by lying we have some gains which is not possible to achieve if we tell truth. When we deceive someone by lying it is morally wrong and sin as well.

https://www.psychreg.org/lying-human-nature/
Activity: 56
Merit: 17
May 18, 2022, 03:36:51 AM
Lying is basically a normal life of human being,even when you intend no to tell it ,you find yourself already saying unknowingly then later question yourself for saying it at the first place ,lying isnt a good thing and it becomes an habit that is registered in your mind,stopping it takes a more effort of being careful ,thinking before talking ,talking less and asking yourself questions before talking ,processing every word that about to comes out of your mouth before uttering them out.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
May 17, 2022, 07:11:48 AM
If you ask me 'if lying was a part of human nature' I would say yes! I mean, it's not a virtue that one should portray but still, it is a part of our very existence.

Just take a second to imagine a world without lies. I tell you, there would be lots of chaos. There is no such thing as a good lie but still, there are truths that immediately uncovered could result in serious distress situations. Little wonder why some nations have got red boxes kept away in some safe somewhere and they don't allow the public to know the truth of the political operations of there own nation and they call it secretes.

Secretes breath forth lies! Every human keeps a secrete and lies once in a while. What could be your reason for this? It might seem right but, a lie is a lie and it would hurt still, no matter what it's meant to cover.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
May 17, 2022, 03:33:39 AM
Lying only exists if something's that's spoken of is demonstrably untrue with intent.

I think that probably the most common lie is where one person knows the truth, and then lies to hide that truth. In many instances the truth is known only to that person, and it can be extremely difficult or impossible for others to determine whether or not they are lying. I flip a coin, and tell you it landed heads... how can you know if this is true?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1430
May 15, 2022, 10:59:12 AM
One of the most amazing books I've ever read, Atlas Shrugged, talks about this and addresses, through Ayn Rand's objectivist perspective, a point that completely changed my view of the issue.

Rand says - through her realistic fiction characters - that for her, lying is submitting your perspective to someone else's, it's as if you recognize that the other person's vision is better or should be a substitute for yours, so you lie to adapt to it, which is to falsify reality, which never bears good fruit.

In the same vein, there is the perspective that when lying, you will always need to be careful in presenting your perspective, it will always require care and new lies and it is extremely counter-productive on a mental level.

Today I understand that there is no reason to falsify reality and that we all need to learn to deal with reality as it is. Of course, this does not mitigate the risk of differences in perspectives on reality, but at least everyone will be dealing with the same inputs.
Activity: 616
Merit: 161
May 15, 2022, 08:35:33 AM

Lying has always been an integral part of social interactions, not just for humans, but for animals as well (from butterfly larva pretending to be of ant origin just so they could take care of it, to wolves learning how to move their eybrows and become dogs to play on humans emotions for food). So no, we can't stop telling lies because it is an integral part if social interactions as well as a defence mechanism (facial expressions that are diferent from ones true feelings). I have to dissagre with Kant when he says that there are no conceivable circumstances in which lying is morally acceptable.
Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
May 15, 2022, 05:28:19 AM
Lying is not supposed to be part of the human nature, but human nature and the life of human being is so wicked and evil that you can't live a free life with them if you don't lie to them.I'm not justifying lies,but with what is happening in the society today,it is only those whom have determined to be lieing that can make money.Lie is used to cover the sins that one has committed.It is only those that have chosen the path of God that lives without lies.Only those who have the fear of God in them  that does not lie.But it is good when we live without lieing,and it is moral to live without it.

The factor's of lie's is the way of getting something that doesn't belong for you, people enjoy lie's and mostly people who is jobless and willing to to win what does not belong to the. Humans nature is not about lies and is not something we can stand and say it is good to tell somebody untrue to benefit from the person, some religion skip that, and they don't bring such policy to board
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
May 13, 2022, 03:46:32 PM
Lying is not supposed to be part of the human nature, but human nature and the life of human being is so wicked and evil that you can't live a free life with them if you don't lie to them.I'm not justifying lies,but with what is happening in the society today,it is only those whom have determined to be lieing that can make money.Lie is used to cover the sins that one has committed.It is only those that have chosen the path of God that lives without lies.Only those who have the fear of God in them  that does not lie.But it is good when we live without lieing,and it is moral to live without it.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
May 11, 2022, 08:43:36 AM
Lying only exists if something's that's spoken of is demonstrably untrue with intent. In fact, a lot of peoples' lies aren't actually lies. They're mistakes from being uninformed thus there isn't any intent to say something that's false. Ignorance is human nature more than anything.

Lying is part of a politician's nature, though  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
May 11, 2022, 05:21:22 AM
A habitual liar did get elected into the WH.
He successfully spat out over 30,000 "untruth" and misleading information and had people gobble them up. Information that could be easily verified too. He's probably skilled in the art of lying to continuously fool people over and over enriching himself in the process.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/

Yeah, I've shared that link myself a few times. The number is quite astonishing, and I do think this is a big part of his success, the speed with which one lie is replaced by the next. Our modern 24-hour news culture is a big part of this as well, everything is 'breaking news', up-to-the-minute... and whenever Trump said something outrageous, it wasn't like everyone could sit back and assess it over the next day, it just got buried five minutes later by the next lie... and there was no time to focus on that one either, because the next one had already appeared, etc. The fact that he was able to keep this up almost without a break is quite a skill in itself.
Activity: 279
Merit: 107
May 10, 2022, 06:26:34 PM

Yeah, definitely, I was talking more about the evolutionary origin of lying and the extent to which lying is 'natural' behaviour amongst the human population.

Certainly the modern world is very different to the world we've lived in for the vast majority of our evolutionary history as a social species, and selection pressures are no longer the same. It's no doubt true that habitual lying can be rewarded much more now than it has been in the (evolutionary) past, because we live in a global society where we can interact a lot more with people we don't know*, and the stuff we can lie about is no longer easily verifiable (or necessarily verifiable at all). The guy who keeps telling his tribe "There's a lion coming! Get back to the cave!" gets found out, and kicked out of the group. The guy who says "The reason you don't have a job is all these immigrants" does not get found out so much. Who knows, one day a habitual liar might even rise to become POTUS...

* as I'm doing right now. Although I'm not lying!

A habitual liar did get elected into the WH.
He successfully spat out over 30,000 "untruth" and misleading information and had people gobble them up. Information that could be easily verified too. He's probably skilled in the art of lying to continuously fool people over and over enriching himself in the process.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/24/trumps-false-or-misleading-claims-total-30573-over-four-years/
Pages:
Jump to: