Pages:
Author

Topic: Is marriage a kind of punishment? - page 2. (Read 2022 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 38
Join hands and help me to grow everybody...
January 09, 2023, 05:29:33 PM
From my perspective and the research I made so far I have understand that marriage is a punishment because when you have not understand your partner and you have not be able to know each character and happened to Mary and a little crisis involved into the marriage life it is when you will notice that marriage is a punishment for people that do not have understanding or is not capable of shortening or handling issues
Activity: 686
Merit: 520
January 09, 2023, 11:59:00 AM
Remembering that marriage is the only institution whereby you got certified before starting, yet every marriage needs a tolerance for each other to be abke to adapt together, knowing that two has become one in union of a lifetime contract of together forever, marriage needs patience, love and endurance, this makes it a good thing that before any marriage comes in a courtship relationship to help get each other along.
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
January 09, 2023, 06:51:42 AM
When people get it wrong in marriage  ,it may seem like a punishment especially to the weaker spouse  ,

marriage is a beautiful, pleasurable, promising and profitable partnership  ,

It is very important that people should marry  people that they love,  that they can tolerate, that can assist them to meet up in their shortcomings in finances, social life, qualifications , sexual activeness,  religious beliefs and so on.

And again,  it is good to  marry someone you're compatible with and have an understanding together because marriage will not always be rosy,  there will be up and down moments but understanding ,tolerance and good virtues will get you through when tough times surfaces
Activity: 504
Merit: 283
January 07, 2023, 02:34:47 PM
Marriage is not a punishment rather getting married to the wrong person is. Marriage is beautiful and most couples I know have blissful marriages and they are celebrating silver and golden jubilee. A man maltreating his wife or treating her as a slave has nothing to do with the culture or tradition it has more to do with the individual. This is the story of a man who despite getting married to 3 wives still helps out in the kitchen by doing the dishes sometimes. It is a personality issue not a cultural issue.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1363
January 07, 2023, 02:07:33 PM
Spend a year going with a person before you make the marriage commitment.

Getting married shows that you are humble enough to admit that somebody else (your spouse) knows something that you might not... has a valid point of view even if it is different than yours.

Spending a year dating before committing helps you determine if your potential mate has this kind of humble thinking, as well.

Cool
Spending a year dating? Wow that's long! Anyways, I think one doesn't have to stay that long because genuinely, if he or she is bent on pretending just to get what they want, a year would seem like a month for them.
 Where I come from, it's mandatory to at least court for six months but prior to this courtship, you may want to seek God's will. I've seen people rush headfirst into marriage (courtship and all) but still end up unhappy and unfulfilled simply because it was probably not want God wanted for them.

Much of what God wants for people is what they want for themselves. God adapts to people in loads of ways.

The 1-year idea is from Dr. James Dobson... and, it is simply a guide.

People need to realize that when they get married, it is not control thing at all. Rather, it's almost exactly the opposite. It's a blending of two people... their hopes, dreams, ideals, and children.

People should get together with the idea of living their own lives almost separately at the beginning, and start getting used to each other. People need to keep from controlling the other, but rather, respecting the other person's life, even if it seems goofy or wrong in areas. That's what the year of dating is for... to see if it is going to work.

One of the main things to do is to abstain from sexual intercourse during the trial period. Why? Because sex is easy. And being easy and fun, it takes the focus off other things that may be more important for good living relations.

After the year (or whatever time), and the marriage is effected, then the sex part will be way more gratifying and enjoyable. Why? Because the couple has found that they are the right person for each other. They move into it with a firm foundation in their relationship.

This won't stop all divorces, but it will make marriages stronger, and it will lessen divorce.

Cool
Activity: 770
Merit: 589
January 05, 2023, 06:41:52 PM

Getting married shows that you are humble enough to admit that somebody else (your spouse) knows something that you might not... has a valid point of view even if it is different than yours.

Spending a year dating before committing helps you determine if your potential mate has this kind of humble thinking, as well.

Cool
Spending a year dating? Wow that's long! Anyways, I think one doesn't have to stay that long because genuinely, if he or she is bent on pretending just to get what they want, a year would seem like a month for them.
 Where I come from, it's mandatory to at least court for six months but prior to this courtship, you may want to seek God's will. I've seen people rush headfirst into marriage (courtship and all) but still end up unhappy and unfulfilled simply because it was probably not want God wanted for them.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
January 05, 2023, 05:06:59 AM
Marriage is not a punishment for women, it is about choosing the right person to marry. If your husband doesn't respect you, it's because he has no morals. Therefore, women must learn to protect themselves, know how to be independent, and choose the right person to spend their lives with.
Activity: 7
January 05, 2023, 04:31:05 AM
This phenomenon was quite common in the old society, and it has been relatively reduced with the changes of the times. However, some countries are indeed a bit unfair to women. They think that men and women are divided into high and low. Every family has a different way of getting along. But I hope it will get better in the future.
Activity: 532
Merit: 412
January 05, 2023, 12:38:13 AM
Marriage is never a punishment in any way in this life, we that are engaged in it makes it look like a punishment or like a prison that ones you're in there's no going back.
We men need to gain control over things that happen in the family same as the woman (having a mutual understanding) if not you start looking for who to issue out blames when things start going wrong.
Either the man might be making it hard for the woman to coup with the marriage or vise versa as the case may be and it will give others who ain't married a bad impression about marriage.
Activity: 462
Merit: 272
January 04, 2023, 01:55:39 PM
You are correct about the difficulties women face when they get married, but I can assure you that marriage is not a punishment. Instead, it is an equal partnership between two people that allows them to experience the joy of God through their shared cooperation, trust, respect, and faith. And for a man who understands the challenges that women face, joining in and helping his wife with household chores is crucial and necessary. However, some men are unable to assist due to their line of work, so a good man who understands the strengths of women can hire a housekeeper to assist his wife.
Activity: 15
December 11, 2022, 02:16:27 PM
No, marriage is not a punishment. Marriage is a voluntary commitment between two people who love each other and want to share their lives together. It is a legal and social institution that provides support and protection for couples and their families. While marriage can sometimes be challenging and require compromise and hard work, it is not a punishment.
Activity: 71
Merit: 21
December 11, 2022, 01:54:32 PM
I am working on an article on relationships and marriages. In my part of the world marriage feels like punishment on the female gender. In the days of old as I learnt, it was the responsibility of the man to provide and protect the family but in today’s society, men relax and have the women do almost everything. I observed this most in Nigeria or African. women grow old faster once married. I take instances from my neighbours, family and the society. The man on any day wakes up, take his bath, dress up, eat and off to work if he has one. The woman is the cook, launder, housekeeper, nanny, hand lady, errand girl, cleaner, and she must be working etc. just name it and she must not complain, she must not be tired. For real this is happening don’t think am just assuming. I see it live. Why is it so? I once asked a man in this case, why he maltreats his wife like a slave and he said no reasonable man is allowed to do house chores or assist in anything. The work of the man is to bring money that’s all. Can this be true?  Will you like your sisters, daughters, neighbours, friend  be treated badly in the name of marriage? Let’s talk. No abuses or insult please. I need soul lifting contribution.
I concur with what you said. Of one state in my nation, women have transformed into men. Man no longer assumes exclusive responsibility for their wives; instead, it is the woman who goes out to farm and fish and gathers food for the family. The guys get up in the morning, take a shower, and then sit beneath the three to play a game of draft. The only thing they excel at is getting their wife pregnant, and once the baby is born, they don't care about it. They don't give them a good education, good food, or even decent clothing.
 I believe that the goal of marriage is to support one another, just as God made Eve to support Adam and vice versa. Both men and women have responsibilities to fulfill. The requirements of the family must be met by the male, and the woman must take care of the home and take care of the chores, but we should not viewed them as our slaves.

Activity: 126
Merit: 2
December 11, 2022, 10:24:06 AM
No! Marriage as an institution that is ordained by God is not a punishment, but rather it's a blessing to the married. However, oftentimes people get married to wrong partners and regretted why they ventured into marriage.
I agree. marriage is not a punishment. it's just that, if a family's economy is bad, sometimes some people think marriage is not easy, become stressed, and eventually lead to anger that blames the marriage itself.

in that marriage we must be full of patience, because marriage is not only accompanied by people we love, but all have tests.
legendary
December 10, 2022, 05:31:46 PM
^^^ Right!

God made people by breathing life into Adam, so that people would be made in the image of God, Himself.

Because of the way He set things working, He put His force into it. It isn't easy even for Him to change it.

So, why did God make it so that people have such an urge to get married and do the thing that brings about children? One major reason. So that He has an excuse to reward parents for bringing about the thing that He wants most... more people... especially godly people.

God is Almighty. He wants to reward all people for something. And He rewards parents for having children.

Cool
Activity: 6
December 10, 2022, 03:49:40 PM
No! Marriage as an institution that is ordained by God is not a punishment, but rather it's a blessing to the married. However, oftentimes people get married to wrong partners and regretted why they ventured into marriage.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 593
December 08, 2022, 01:54:22 AM
Find the right person and have a wonderful marriage. Now with the changes of the times, it has become much better than hundreds of years ago. Marriage is for two people, and they should bear the burden together and help each other. I love my partner and I will not let her bear the trivialities of life alone.

Divorce is also very easy to do for those who have enough money. There was no divorce before, and only a few people planned to leave their spouses or wives, but now there are plenty, and they will decide to split up, with their children bearing the brunt of the consequences. There are other people who still respected the wedding sacredness they made and adjusted themselves if necessary for the sake of the children. Back to the topic, it isn't punishment if both of you have an understanding of each other because one will adjust every time there is a misunderstanding.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 501
December 07, 2022, 07:08:32 PM
Lack of enlightenment has a lot to do with the marriage problem. Some people are countries are excessively traditionalized, and certain norms that only demonstrate cooperation and teamwork are viewed as absurd by both parties and the wider community.

Let me utilize this platform to encourage married couples, especially males, to study books and attend seminars without drawing attention to the actual problem. The only activity that can aid in repositioning uneducated brains seduced by conventional lies is this exercise. A guy can be as useful as a woman in more intelligent and better thought-out ways, and vice versa.
In terms of marriage, I think we are working in ignorance and need more understanding.
legendary
December 07, 2022, 01:40:39 PM

Cool
Activity: 994
Merit: 367
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
December 07, 2022, 11:00:48 AM
Only get married if you have the confidence to do so and are aware of the advantages and disadvantages. Knowing about your own and your partner's male and female biology and psychology will also be helpful. One of the biggest issues I notice is that most people continue to view the world as completely artificial and like a Disney film. All of them either don't recognize their own conduct or overpromise and underdeliver, or they wait for their spouse to change. You are aware of how challenging change may be? Consider forming a brand-new habit or quitting a bad one. Now acknowledge that the companion you are with almost definitely also faces the same difficulty.
Activity: 60
Merit: 5
December 07, 2022, 04:57:43 AM
Find the right person and have a wonderful marriage. Now with the changes of the times, it has become much better than hundreds of years ago. Marriage is for two people, and they should bear the burden together and help each other. I love my partner and I will not let her bear the trivialities of life alone.
Pages:
Jump to: