Pages:
Author

Topic: Is marriage a kind of punishment? - page 6. (Read 2023 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 16
January 05, 2022, 04:22:19 PM
Marriage is not punishment but Marriage is full of responsibility which a husband and wife play their role for it to be balanced.  Normally the man goes out everyday to work or hustle to get money to provide for the family  while the wife if she have a job or not her responsibility is to take care of the home like house work and taking care of the children. Marriage is not punishment but it has big responsibility one can't run from.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 379
January 03, 2022, 07:10:10 PM
Of course it is suppose to be a blessing not some kind of punishment to people, though it depends on how you are being treated in the marriage that makes it a punishment and also a blessing.Because not every man or woman knows how to handle their homes even in the Bible it is said that a woman will leave her family and marry a man to make up her own family so I don't see what's wrong in getting married and what makes it a punishment.

Though it might be sometime the character of the the both couple that will make the marriage like that because I know marriage is a blessing.
Activity: 361
Merit: 10
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
December 28, 2021, 10:34:40 PM
there is something that cannot be avoided by humans, that is their nature. Women are basically created by God to take care of the family, while men are created to earn a living for the family. now it's just a matter of how the couple makes a promise, do they want to work together or just let one do the hard work.
Activity: 770
Merit: 13
December 28, 2021, 03:44:50 PM
To me marriage is not a punishment. Marriage is a blessing to me because all the reasons you gave I'm not satisfied with them you know human being I have different characters different behaviour and it's not when you are married you will try to show that character, a wicked man is always a wicked man, in this life attitude of a man does not change it can only be adjust. In my own religion marriage it's not compulsory because there's some certain rules he will meet before you can you can marry or be married. In our belief we are taught out to rule our home because our  religion cover Everything  good or bad if you do anything bad you'll be the one to face the consequences and truly in our believe you will be tested by your creator
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
December 26, 2021, 09:47:15 AM
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108
December 16, 2021, 03:43:10 PM
More and more marriages happens almost every single weekend of a week in my locality and a few divorce too. Some people just want to be married because, they feel there are at the age for it and so, its about time. Some others feel they would go into it because they love each other, others are been pushed by there parents and society to get it done with and as such, there is no proper orientation.

Marriage is a thing for matured minds, people who can easily understand each other and a bounded by love.  Love might get you entangled with someone and keep you going for a while but, once Some distasteful character begins to surface on either side, you begin to doubt your love and question your actions.

In Marriage, men and women knows there is a stratification within the family and even up to the duties of the parties. Its embedded within one's subconscious and a few people who are conscious of it would fined joy doing it. There is nothing wrong with switching places or lending a helping hand when needed but, duty is duty.
I take exception to lazy men and also women but then, its best to know when both parties are trying and encourage each other.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
December 14, 2021, 07:02:55 AM
I think women who live in such households deserve better men. It's a shame to accept the fact that there are indeed many husbands out there who assume they are super power and dominant in everything in the household. But the purpose of the household is not to create the dominant and the recessive, but to create cooperation and synergies that grow them together in facing life.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
December 12, 2021, 10:21:55 AM
As an atheist myself, I'm against marriage, I find the whole ordeal pointless, from all perspectives. First of all, it's a giant waste of money, but first and foremost, it's against my beliefs. If you're together with someone and love eachother, it should be enough, I don't find it a punishment, however, it complicates things in case of a divorce.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
December 11, 2021, 06:58:15 PM
Here's one of major reasons for marriage. God made marriage to give glory to average people.

Moses, St. Paul, many of the prophets of the Old Testament and New brought people to faith. For them there is special glory for helping to save some.

But what about the average Christians? Usually they are not in positions where they can get hundreds or thousands of people saved. So, how do they get some of the glory that God shares for saving people? God gives them children who they save.

Marriage done right is a way to save people and get some of the glory of God for doing so.

Cool
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
December 11, 2021, 01:14:54 PM
Marriage can be a punishment for those who take it as a punishment and it can be joyful for those who enjoys it.
It depends on us what are we taking it for.
It's a kind of agreement between two to help each other in the time of need and be with each other in difficult times.
To love each other unconditionally and to hold hands forever
Activity: 1218
Merit: 279
December 06, 2021, 03:31:53 PM
Marriage will only be a big punishment if you get married to someone who doesn't loves you. Many women are forced into married and they end up suffering. I don't think house chore are meant for the wives only. A man who truly loves his wife, will probably help her out. Is so sad, how many men thinks house chores are basically meant for the wives only, especially in most part of Africa. I agree with you, many women grow old faster in marriages, because they over work themselves. They don't have time for rest. However, In marriage, the husband and the wife are supposed to help, love and cherish each other.
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
December 05, 2021, 04:58:02 PM
So pathetic to hear this, inequality towards females in African societies worth looking into and going to their rescue. Civilization  should have taken care of this, but some societies still stick to their evil culture.
December 05, 2021, 01:46:56 PM
It seems to be like a punishment when there is no understanding between the couple.It is more like a purnishment when one person is dictatorial in nature and is not able to tolerate the behavior of his partner.As they say,that tolerance is a key to successful marriage or a the bed rock to every successful marriage.

Many marriages have failed because they lack these elements.There are so many reasons why marriage will seem like a purnishment to many,here are some of the reasons;
Lack of trust.
Dictatorship
Inferiority complex
Lack of understanding
Lack of child bearing
Poverty.etc.
Activity: 798
Merit: 34
December 05, 2021, 05:51:25 AM
It' is not a punishment,  some African couples see it as a way of life which the woman do most of the house works while the man goes out for his daily activities.  In Africa most women don't prefer having a maid  expecially when the marriage is tender.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071
November 26, 2021, 01:36:21 AM
Marriage is not a kind of punishment,it just depends on the type of person you meet as either your husband or your wife.

Unfortunately we still have some old and very traditional thinkers who still see marriage as a rigid detail of responsibility, where a man works to get money and a woman handles all home responsibility. That is an old model of marriage. For me, in this dispensation, marriage is not so important, unless you really just want to. The primary purpose of marriage is for procreation and human companionship, not for any form of hard labour disguised as a responsibility. A modern marriage is one with an understanding amongst the pair. Before marriage ensure that you are getting married to someone who is not anchored to the old ways of thinking and not too rigid to change, that way marriage can be a smooth and good experience for both parties.
November 25, 2021, 11:36:09 PM
Marriage is not a kind of punishment,it just depends on the type of person you meet as either your husband or your wife.When you meet the right person,there is every tendency that you will love and enjoy the marriage,but when the person that's by your side is somebody that doesn't like or love you,it is then that you see marriage as a hell.

So many marriages seems to be like punishment and bundage indeed,because of the way they are been treated in the relationship.
copper member
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 06, 2020, 02:06:46 AM
how you can say it a punishment, its a need of both man and women. If it is punishment then it's for both, not just female
copper member
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
September 06, 2020, 01:58:19 AM
the word "punish" is no right here, then marriage is very good for man and woman both because it will support each other. if we don't marriage at adult then boys and girls don't do focus on their work. If they married then we can easily secure and success on future.because everyone has an aim in future, if we don't do marriage then our focus always goes on lust or other things.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
September 04, 2020, 04:08:35 PM
Is marriage a kind of punishment?

Correction: Marriage is a kind of punishment!

Cool
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 04, 2020, 03:17:25 PM
Couples need to date for a full year - or longer - without sex or any other intimate relations... and not even living in the same house together. Only then if they find that they are compatible should they get married.

Cool

It's like the old way! I am +40 and I know how my parents and grandparents used to date. It was similar like
you explained, first dating for a long time, after almost two years they got married. For me it was different,
I got married after 4 years of dating, but practically we started living together after 6 months. And it's not
like we needed to marry to show our love to each other, it was for papers, so everything can be legal. Now
when we have kids its easier when you are a married couple.
   I don't think my marriage is a punishment in any meaning of that word. But later I will ask my wife what
she feels about our marriage directly, because I think that she is happy with us, but maybe she will surprise
me with an answer.
Pages:
Jump to: