Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 2. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 6
June 22, 2018, 03:53:29 AM
Mew itself is pretty secure. An address of 40 hexadecimal digits. Corresponds to a serial key also includes 40 hexadecimal digits. So hacking the serial key is extremely hard. So the case of serial key loss mainly due to the carelessness of the user
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
April 30, 2018, 05:05:19 AM
Mew is a good tool to create ethereum and token wallet. So it is not necessary to use myetherwallet only if you want to make a transaction. You have access to your tokens, you have private key and you can use it anywhere.
When you see messages about hacking or something else, you can just not log in your wallet or do it on another resource. If you want to check balance - just use ethplorer. And no need to worry about this.

Thanks for this good information.
For some days, I'm not brave to open my MEW, just to ensure that it is safe.
I just can check the balance that I have and fortunately it is okay.
But, I have not tried to login into my MEW maybe until this problem is clear.
Will look forward to the further information about this.
MEW is safe and hadn't been hacked as explained by Devs. The loophole is on the google chrome and had been used to collect private keys from users in the moment of the DDos Attack. I think the best toole to protect yourself from malwares and hackers is to use MEW offline.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
April 30, 2018, 04:45:40 AM
As of now, I have not logged in yet in my MEW account because of a recent Google DNS breach strategy by the hackers in which around 215 Ether were stolen from multiple accounts and were transferred in different accounts. The best advice that they had for us to login with MEW is that we should switch our DNS from Google to Cloudflare.

Does anyone know whether this DNS attack now got solved? I do not dare in the moment to log into MEW, even I would need to do some transactions. How does it work to switch DNS from Google to Cloudflare? Any advise appreciated.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
April 30, 2018, 04:37:15 AM
I use MEW all the time with MetaMask. I would not recommend using MEW on its own as that would be a less safe option since you would opening yourself up to people trying to steal your private key or password.

You're right. Myetherwallet is safe to use but you would be more secured using it with the metatask extension which has been provided with it on the websit. MEW is actually one of the best wallets out there and they have actually said the hack was not a fault of theirs but regardless of that they still went on and fixed it al in time. I would always use MEW.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
April 30, 2018, 01:01:18 AM
Mew is a good tool to create ethereum and token wallet. So it is not necessary to use myetherwallet only if you want to make a transaction. You have access to your tokens, you have private key and you can use it anywhere.
When you see messages about hacking or something else, you can just not log in your wallet or do it on another resource. If you want to check balance - just use ethplorer. And no need to worry about this.

Thanks for this good information.
For some days, I'm not brave to open my MEW, just to ensure that it is safe.
I just can check the balance that I have and fortunately it is okay.
But, I have not tried to login into my MEW maybe until this problem is clear.
Will look forward to the further information about this.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
April 30, 2018, 01:01:05 AM
I use MEW all the time with MetaMask. I would not recommend using MEW on its own as that would be a less safe option since you would opening yourself up to people trying to steal your private key or password.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 12:59:33 AM
Yes it is, but there is no need to enter your wallet very often to check the balance. You can use etherscan io for this. You also need to check the Mew domain when you go to the site to make sure that it's original, but it's better to add it to the bookmarks.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
April 30, 2018, 12:57:40 AM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

Ofcourse it is safe, ledger is a hard wallet wallet they cant access your wallet without the actual hardware. And about the Google DNS breach you can still be able to log in safely to MEW if you can see that the URL is secured because you'll know if it is a phishing site when the url is not secured with red color
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
April 30, 2018, 12:46:42 AM
As of now, I have not logged in yet in my MEW account because of a recent Google DNS breach strategy by the hackers in which around 215 Ether were stolen from multiple accounts and were transferred in different accounts. The best advice that they had for us to login with MEW is that we should switch our DNS from Google to Cloudflare.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
April 30, 2018, 12:31:45 AM
Be careful in accessing MEW website because it is prone to phishing and hacking. Make sure that the original MEW Website is in the bookmark and do not let your Private Key be known. I think this time MEW looks safe
Activity: 252
April 30, 2018, 12:23:00 AM
I do not know if MEW is really safe, but my MEW has been hacked by someone who is not responsible and loses some coin.
Is there any way we can be safe while using MEW and avoid hackers.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
April 30, 2018, 12:16:52 AM
Please do yourself a service and purchase a hardware wallet. If you are relying on private keys stored online, you might find yourself some trouble when sites like mew are compromised.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Vena.Network
April 30, 2018, 12:10:58 AM
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
April 24, 2018, 03:05:03 PM
Avoid logging to mew for now there is a DNS attack on ne

Mew for now slot of people have lost enough Eth today.
Merit: 102
April 24, 2018, 03:03:09 PM
Dont use myetherwallet now, you can see your tokens at etherscan, still wait for announce from mew team, I hope they can achieve prevent this things anymore.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
April 24, 2018, 03:01:35 PM
We consider MEW a secure and easy to use. It has not received great ratings by our users however (only 2.4). The best online wallet according to our users is currently Xapo, Omni, Enjin Wallet and Trust Wallet. Have a look here and compare between all wallets: https://www.cryptowisser.com/wallets/

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
April 24, 2018, 02:47:55 PM
I think that MyEtherWallet is safe to use. I have been using it for ore than a year without any problem. It is also very difficult to hack. Just keep private key in a safe place.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
April 24, 2018, 02:41:32 PM
I think for now there is nothing to worry so much about MEW unless your Private key is compromised. What ever dispute they are having now does not affect  MEW. Anyway I am wondering why the news about MEW is coming now that MEW has just recovered, why not during the dip. We should be very careful with our wallet information now because hackers are out on the street of crypto city.
Merit: 104
April 24, 2018, 02:25:48 PM
I would suggest buying a hardware wallet asap and stop using private keys because those are easily hacked or phished. I was the victim of one a long while ago and quickly learned my lesson to buy a ledger nano.
Activity: 170
April 24, 2018, 12:26:55 PM
For me MEW is still safe because I am for now I am still safe all my personal data, I hope it will be safe always for the future later. And for me if the matter is safe it depends on the user negligence.
Pages:
Jump to: