Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MEW Safe to use now? - page 3. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 104
April 24, 2018, 12:24:31 PM
I heard that this wallet was attacked by hackers. I was very upset. Previously it seemed to me that this is a very reliable wallet. Beginners should be careful now.
Classical attack. Not MEW is guilty. Any company can be hijacked such. But MEW is very popular and hacker choose the excellent goal for substitution
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 12:22:24 PM
Safe or not will depend on us. It is our job to make our own account safer. MEW is still the best for me.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
April 24, 2018, 12:19:50 PM
If you are not using Google DNS than its safe for you. But also you can use mycrypto.com its now more safe then myetherwallet.
DNS servers are hijacked soo you cannot be sure when its safe to use mew again. (You must check certificate to be sure that you are using real mew)

Activity: 209
Merit: 10
ICO starting on 16th of April!
April 24, 2018, 12:18:17 PM
I heard that this wallet was attacked by hackers. I was very upset. Previously it seemed to me that this is a very reliable wallet. Beginners should be careful now.
Activity: 475
Merit: 100
April 24, 2018, 12:08:41 PM
Nope, but the reason is completely different and that is those using Google's dns servers might get hacked if they visited the myetherwallet website. This is one of the issues of web wallets, that one is always at risk of getting hacked and losing all his coins due to no reason of his. For now I will say to stay away from MEW.
Activity: 392
April 24, 2018, 12:05:06 PM
Just did a fee transaction and everything looks fina as usual. As long as the private key is safe!

when login try only use json file do not use private key because login using json file is more secure than using private key. I think MEW is very safe for me to use as long as you can be careful when using it and do not forget to bookmark link MEW
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
#41 Haga
April 22, 2018, 02:34:09 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I think MEW is still safe, but a valid alternative could be Metamask , probably better than MEW.
Try it !
Activity: 336
April 22, 2018, 02:32:56 PM
Im keeping my coin on hardware wallets Trezor and Ledger nano S but for Ico token Im using MyEtherWallet and Im fully satisfied with its safety.Just try to avoid fishing sites.
Activity: 616
April 22, 2018, 02:31:12 PM
I can not say anything about the security of MEW yet, but I've never noticed anything wrong with the safety of this wonderful wallet, I think that you should just be more attentive to some details, for example, to exactly where you go to the right site you have come.
Activity: 476
CAT.EX Exchange
April 22, 2018, 02:29:25 PM
Recently there was a split between the team behind MEW and a new paper wallet site opened up.  Is MEW still safe to use with a Ledger?

I always keep tokens based on smart contract ethereum more often using MEW than others because in my opinion I have been using MEW still safe.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
April 22, 2018, 02:27:44 PM

It should be safe to use Mew with ledger since ledger don’t disclose your private key to the browser. However, always check whether you are on the real Mew website as there are too many phishing websites around.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
April 22, 2018, 02:25:25 PM
As long as you don't lose the private key, i think it's secure because MEW have a good encrypted method. Usually hacker just attack in exchanger wallet, not in wallet with private key method. So don't worry to using MEW.
Activity: 111
April 22, 2018, 02:17:21 PM
It is still safe to use MEW, but you should store you Ethereum and tokens on a Trezor or a Ledger Nano S to secure your invests. I used Myetherwallet the last 2 weeks and I dont had any problems.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 27, 2018, 05:38:59 PM
My personal opinion is that MEW is still safe to use right now. We just need to be very careful of our private keys so that it will not be hacked or anything so I suggest to put your keys safe on a sheet of paper rather than online.
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
March 27, 2018, 05:30:25 PM
I am warning to replace security with metamask, I do not understand whether private key can be hacked.
I do not even get any explanation. I am using a private key to access my wallet and I feel safe.
give any suggestion

Hi,

If you're importing a private-key to MetaMask it'll ask you to create a password.
This means MetaMask uses an encrypted version of your private-key which requires a password for usage ('keystore-file') - however be careful as your private-key (you just imported) will still remain usable and is unencrypted and everyone who got it can just access your wallet without any password etc (same for your recovery-phrase).

Thank you I almost forgot about this process, I will try it.
I still keep the password and private key securely.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 586
March 25, 2018, 08:31:30 AM
i use mew normal and i think it is safe,you can use metamask,it is very safe to use,if you have many eth you can use blockchain,and use protect 2 times by authy,it is very good

In my opinion the only way of storing bigger amounts of ETH etc. is a hardware-wallet.

I dont know but i suggest try Ethereum because you get higher profit or earning from it, also its better to try in some altcoin that you know have potential than try other coin that you have doubt about it. Also before you trust in coin make sure its really worth it to hold or to buy, and i think it better to trust in top coin like ethereum and you know it is safe.
Activity: 560
March 25, 2018, 08:28:57 AM
By that time you posted this there was speculation on safety but today it is completely safe with any way of entries to MEW.
Activity: 224
Merit: 15
March 25, 2018, 08:18:08 AM
Yes, MEW is as safe as always have been. You still have to be very careful with your private key. I would recommend to use MetaMask and bookmark https://www.myetherwallet.com/.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
March 25, 2018, 08:12:19 AM
i use mew normal and i think it is safe,you can use metamask,it is very safe to use,if you have many eth you can use blockchain,and use protect 2 times by authy,it is very good
Activity: 196
March 25, 2018, 07:28:37 AM
Myetherwallet has always been safe, and I've never had a problem with the eth and erc20 tokens on this site.

Pages:
Jump to: