Pages:
Author

Topic: Is regulation good or bad? - page 44. (Read 30843 times)

copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
January 29, 2019, 04:25:28 AM
For me i believe regulation needs to be mass so that everything will be legal, this is a great protections for all of us and so that investors will be willing to trust and invest on projects
Activity: 1792
Merit: 255
January 29, 2019, 03:56:39 AM
Of course this is the thing we are waiting for, I hope that regulations will be made soon so that investors can trust crypto, if there is no regulation it will be difficult for investors to invest in crypto and choose other types.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
January 29, 2019, 03:27:06 AM
I am also of the opinion that for cryptocurrency to get mass adopted worldwide, then there has to be some regulations in place to protect investors and bring trust to the industry. But the issues I have with regulations is that the blockchain technology will no longer be fully decentralized since it is now regulated. Taxes and other forums of tarriffs will set in which is not the decentralized way. So regulations may increase adoption but it's at a cost.
It turns out a contradiction, the cryptocurrency with regulation - there is a future, but it will not be so cryptocurrency that everyone loved, so most likely no regulation will never be
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
January 28, 2019, 11:41:52 PM
I am also of the opinion that for cryptocurrency to get mass adopted worldwide, then there has to be some regulations in place to protect investors and bring trust to the industry. But the issues I have with regulations is that the blockchain technology will no longer be fully decentralized since it is now regulated. Taxes and other forums of tarriffs will set in which is not the decentralized way. So regulations may increase adoption but it's at a cost.
Activity: 532
Merit: 106
January 28, 2019, 11:40:24 PM
By its very nature, cryptocurrency and the various kinds of distributed ledger technology that power it was intended to place more economic power in the hands of the individual. This has resulted in an environment where cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based startups can establish themselves with some assurance that business will not be interrupted by the swift, heavy-handed actions of a government acting rashly.
Activity: 278
Merit: 2
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
January 28, 2019, 11:17:45 PM
Well to me I think rules and regulations might be a good perspective fpr crypto investors and might not be good fpr crypto currency as said earlier.

But if you observe carefully then the number of crypto currency are increasing day by day and many of them are below one cent. So I think at least the number must be controlled.
Activity: 114
January 28, 2019, 10:57:51 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

that right in this kind of business it should be regulate since we need protection in some cases that might happen in the future. maybe it looks like we are giving up our freedom but its not really the true meaning of regulating things but maybe it depends to the governments who regulate crypto,
copper member
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
January 28, 2019, 09:47:03 PM
For me, regulation is good for the government accept the cryptocurrency especially cryptocurrency.
Every country need to monitor the currency and its movement for them to get the taxes they need to develop thegovernment and its community.

You sound like you're pretty pro-government.  Interesting perspective for someone in this space.  Or are you just offering a perspective?
copper member
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
January 28, 2019, 09:39:33 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

My view is similar but I would say regulation is good for crypto as an investment but bad for crypto in its mission. 
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 28, 2019, 09:23:38 PM
there's a good side, there's a bad side too. the good thing is, crypto will become legal as a legitimate investment asset for trading and will make its value much better. the downside, the impact of all that is definitely a fee that will increase for each transaction, or what we can call tax.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
January 28, 2019, 09:02:03 PM
As for the view of mojority, bitcoin has to be regulated. And i think that if bitcoin is to be regulated, it should be by the ones who has the right of regulation for bitcoin. Persons with such credibility so that crypto industry would be productive.
Activity: 518
Merit: 14
January 28, 2019, 08:40:43 PM
We definitely need some kind of regulation in cryptos, because so many people are launching ICOs just to make money. Once registration reflect similar consumer protections, there will be more incentive to develop better project. Regulation is needed and welcomed; to a reasonable degree.
actually regulation is a necessity if we want a recognition and protection, so a regulation is recognition by a country of a particular commodity or asset.
 crypto currency if it is to be recognized in all countries must have regulations from each user country, so that regulation very good effect on crypto currencies.
Activity: 616
January 28, 2019, 08:01:46 PM
It has its benefits and cons but I believe the benefits will outweight the other. We have experienced countless number of ICO scam and theft, these are examples of what could be prevented if there was regulation in place.
Activity: 700
January 28, 2019, 07:58:41 PM
for me regulation of course brings us better for the future.
all regulations in my opinion will be good if we obey and respect them. there are no regulations that make us worse off.
indeed regulation is very necessary, with the regulation that will make crypto better in the future, regulation is not
always bad because the existence of regulations can guarantee and protect us from hackers and scammers
copper member
Activity: 493
Merit: 13
January 28, 2019, 07:16:46 PM

Yes regulation is always a welcome idea.. unfortunately sec isn't doing well enough to protect investors from fraudulent icos... we need more regulation in the crypto space
Activity: 448
January 28, 2019, 07:15:08 PM
all regulations in my opinion will be good if we obey and respect them. there are no regulations that make us worse off.

The fact is that by introducing regulation into the cryptocurrency market you are killing the main ideas of cryptocurrency. Sad Crypto platforms should be self-regulating and this should be embedded in the platform code. Thus, all decisions will be made collectively by voting. Regulation = centralization, while cryptocurrency = decentralization. I'm not sure that cryptocurrencies can be regulated and not killed. Huh
There is simply no solution that could suit everyone, on the one hand, regulation can save the crypto currency, and on the other hand, with regulation, this is not quite a crypto currency
Activity: 434
https://eloncity.io/
January 28, 2019, 03:07:23 PM

The fact is that by introducing regulation into the cryptocurrency market you are killing the main ideas of cryptocurrency. Sad Crypto platforms should be self-regulating and this should be embedded in the platform code. Thus, all decisions will be made collectively by voting. Regulation = centralization, while cryptocurrency = decentralization. I'm not sure that cryptocurrencies can be regulated and not killed. Huh
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
January 28, 2019, 02:15:22 PM
Regulation isn't too bad as people always thought it to be. I think it will actually go a long way doing so good for us than any bad we might be envisaging from the aftermath.
Activity: 332
Merit: 11
January 28, 2019, 02:03:56 PM
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
January 28, 2019, 01:34:44 PM
Regulation is good, it helps to reduce scams and fraudulent acts such as account hacking and currency inflation and many others. But the process may not be that convenient for many,like I'm also not finding KYC easy. And I've always ignored ICO's with KYC simply because some of the requested documents I have Is not accepted.
Pages:
Jump to: