Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the market currently being manipulated? - page 7. (Read 1879 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 13, 2019, 03:51:30 PM
We can see the price manipulation at the time of any crypto news coming like positive or negative. Those times we can see huge price manipulation being done by the traders as well as the big investors.
I am not sure why this manipulation has been occurred and when there is no big move now.
The price of bitcoin is stable so there is no manipulation happen right now. You can only see it if there are a large movement of the price like what happen in 2017. Obviously the price is manipualted in the last quarter of that year and take all thier profit after ,thats why we see the price back to 3000$ in early 2019 that was the negative effect of it.
The spot forex market is regulated and we can see the similar price movements like in the chart of BTC but these price movements don't happen inside the single 1m minute candle on the charts. The irregulated market opens the gate for the market manipulators and they do whatever they want to do with the illiquid prices. They hunt stops and novice traders get rekt for the mentioned reasons.
The market of cryptocurrencies has such a low volume that manipulating the price is easier than what many people think, it is for this reason we see the market moving in such a volatile way, and this should make us think, if the whales can move the market of bitcoin in such an easy way imagine what they can do to the altcoin market, so what we can do to protect ourselves from this manipulation? And the only way you can protect yourself is by always having a stop loss ready in your favourite exchange.
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
November 12, 2019, 12:00:38 PM
Maybe you have a point, this is the pope's last chance to buy bitcoin cheaply and then it will be pumped. but as small players we also need to be vigilant, the Pope can manipulate the market to their liking. Do not follow Fomo, it will make you lose, Buy now and hold it until Halving BTC happens, this is a very good opportunity to be able to benefit from BTC.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
November 12, 2019, 11:23:26 AM
might be being manipulated. but the question is, who is manipulating all the crypto markets? very likely to occur when this is related to the adoption of bitcoin on the market. but overall I don't think there is enough evidence to justify the existence of market manipulation that is now happening. Current markets are due to trade and demand. when everything goes down I guess it's still reasonable. not only in the crypto market but for all trades in any market using the same principle.

No whales will reveal the information if they want to manipulate the market and actually there are some comments here are right since if they buy large volumes of coins and move it to exchange and sold then it can create a huge changes for the market price. You can also see the past news where manipulation occur and the perfect example with that are the past fuds scattering which affect the bitcoins price badly.

whales are who manipulating crypto market. many people know about it
remember that cryptomarket is still low-caps compared other asset, it means that to manipulate is easier, just spend some money and you can play this gemz
i think it is how market works, being smart to follow whales is the key!
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
November 12, 2019, 09:12:27 AM
We can see the price manipulation at the time of any crypto news coming like positive or negative. Those times we can see huge price manipulation being done by the traders as well as the big investors.
I am not sure why this manipulation has been occurred and when there is no big move now.
The price of bitcoin is stable so there is no manipulation happen right now. You can only see it if there are a large movement of the price like what happen in 2017. Obviously the price is manipualted in the last quarter of that year and take all thier profit after ,thats why we see the price back to 3000$ in early 2019 that was the negative effect of it.
The spot forex market is regulated and we can see the similar price movements like in the chart of BTC but these price movements don't happen inside the single 1m minute candle on the charts. The irregulated market opens the gate for the market manipulators and they do whatever they want to do with the illiquid prices. They hunt stops and novice traders get rekt for the mentioned reasons.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
November 12, 2019, 09:41:40 AM
might be being manipulated. but the question is, who is manipulating all the crypto markets? very likely to occur when this is related to the adoption of bitcoin on the market. but overall I don't think there is enough evidence to justify the existence of market manipulation that is now happening. Current markets are due to trade and demand. when everything goes down I guess it's still reasonable. not only in the crypto market but for all trades in any market using the same principle.

No whales will reveal the information if they want to manipulate the market and actually there are some comments here are right since if they buy large volumes of coins and move it to exchange and sold then it can create a huge changes for the market price. You can also see the past news where manipulation occur and the perfect example with that are the past fuds scattering which affect the bitcoins price badly.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
November 12, 2019, 09:33:18 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
November 12, 2019, 08:12:23 AM
usually before the pump, the market always falls. and today I see the market experiencing a decline, especially for bitcoin and several other big altcoins. in recent days bitcoin may be able to hold above 9k, but in the end it still falls.

then I wonder if this is really the downfall before the pump?
considering that soon we will enter the end of Q4 2019, and in Q2 2020 bitcoin will be halving. so now is the last time the Whales buy cheap btc. that's why the market was deliberately manipulated to make the price of bitcoin go down. and after that they pump slowly to look like market growth.

so what do you think, is my thinking wrong?
I agree. The whales can be seen as the one making the changes since they are the only ones who can buy large amount of bitcoins right before the halving next year. As time passes by, as bitcoin recovers its value, we should expect the value to go down more instead of going high. As a part of your preparation, you should take the opportunity to buy as many as you can before the halving because the value may become very high in the next few months and you wouldn't want to miss out on it.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
November 12, 2019, 07:12:54 AM
It is probably the safest to assume that market is always being manipulated. With the exchanges, and whales, and centralized projects that are trying to act like real cryptos, it's a mess out there.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
November 12, 2019, 05:42:46 AM
Obviously there's a manipulation going on here, price would not be so volatile if there is no manipulation and there wouldn't be a dump or a pump that is not expected, just like the recent pump, there was no big news to cause that big pump and therefore it wasn't expected.

In the early stage and until now, there's always a manipulation that is happening and it has become a normal thing for those who understand the market behavior, what we should do is to know more the market movement and go with the flow so it could help us in making the right judgement.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 504
WorkAsPro
November 12, 2019, 05:25:04 AM
Well, no one will be able to really ascertain if the market is being manipulated or not, anything can be responsible for the movement of bitcoin value, it could be real organic movement and could be real manipulation.

It could be that someone that holds large amount of coin have seen that it is the right time for him to remove his investment with the gain on it while some could decide to stay longer, so many things can be responsible for it, and I think that this time around, the value of bitcoin is just moving the way it should, small pump and corresponding correction, and this is what usually make majority of the traders around to really enter into trade at dip time and then exit the trade at the pump time, so all we should do also is just to study the market and know that every dip is a blessing.
Your answer is very good. I can never predict the value of Bitcoin in this market and everything happens very suddenly so that time will often be very difficult for everyone. In my opinion, if you can analyze this market when volatility, it will be good for yourself because we can predict where the current money is going. Of course, you need a lot of information and you must always watch this market every hour so this is not an easy job.

Maybe this is not necessary but if you can get acquainted, you will have a lot of new investment opportunities because the crypto market is about to move into a bull phase.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
November 12, 2019, 04:31:44 AM
In my opinion, the market is manipulated every single day. I cannot explain, why BTCs behaviour is so strange and that without any announcement, the price can drop or raise for 2-3k USD within several days.
First we have to consider that it is demand and supply that really control the value of bitcoin, and when there is demand for bitcoin that is higher than its supply, the value tends to increase and the moment that the supply of bitcoin becomes more than the demand, the value tends to decrease, so we will always see this happen which is why we have the term volatility, bitcoin is still very volatile now and we will be seeing this often , and we are also more concerned about it because many of us want bitcoin for investment which makes us all to be looking at it from the fiat perspective and not the quantity of bitcoin that we have.

If a financial institution needs to pay someone with bitcoin in large amount of money, you know it will pass through the market cap, and at that time, it will raise the value of bitcoin, it now depends on the recover to either keep the money in the market or exchange it back to fiat.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
November 12, 2019, 04:03:18 AM
Activity: 1932
Merit: 448
November 12, 2019, 03:53:30 AM
Well, no one will be able to really ascertain if the market is being manipulated or not, anything can be responsible for the movement of bitcoin value, it could be real organic movement and could be real manipulation.

It could be that someone that holds large amount of coin have seen that it is the right time for him to remove his investment with the gain on it while some could decide to stay longer, so many things can be responsible for it, and I think that this time around, the value of bitcoin is just moving the way it should, small pump and corresponding correction, and this is what usually make majority of the traders around to really enter into trade at dip time and then exit the trade at the pump time, so all we should do also is just to study the market and know that every dip is a blessing.
it is not wrong if people think that prices are manipulated because prices sometimes go down before going up. that happened several times, and currently, the price of bitcoin has fallen below $ 9k again.
it all depends on our beliefs, if you believe that this is manipulation before the pump comes, you should immediately buy up popular bitcoin or coins. at present, we can only take advantage of that situation. honestly, manipulated or not, I'm pretty sure the price of bitcoin will go up after this.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 605
November 12, 2019, 02:31:14 AM
This market would not pump and dump if no manipulation is happening here, we should get used to it.
I had witnessed most of the important event in crypto and its market effect but I learn that when there's a huge pump, dump will always follow, regardless on when it will happen.

Because the whales are in control and they make money trading.
When they short the market, they can create a panic to dump and do the opposite if they long the market, that's how it works, let us not make it complicated.
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
November 11, 2019, 11:42:28 PM
I love this manipulated market this year because I have many opportunities to buy some cheap coins and can sell immediately if the market corrects slightly. In fact, this is the easiest way of trading and during the last time, I have made a lot of great profits from here. May be risky, but I still want whales to manipulate this market because I have learned how to track whale movements and predict when volatility will occur.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
November 11, 2019, 07:23:17 PM
Markets are always magnets for manipulation even with regulatory body oversight on steroids. The lure of making easy money is always there. Just recently the Robinhood was plagued with a bug that lets users have infinite margin. They made millions. If there's no clear advantage for the clever and devious, market prices would remain flat.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
November 11, 2019, 07:15:25 PM
In my opinion, the market is manipulated every single day. I cannot explain, why BTCs behaviour is so strange and that without any announcement, the price can drop or raise for 2-3k USD within several days.
Bitcoin is not using the announcement to determine how strong the fundamental of the market and create hype. bitcoin uses the news to create hype and pump. So many bitcoin news is getting published everyday and i hope you can visit the crypto news site directly to see if that is happening right now dude.
It's not a strange thing but you don't understand about that. If you wanna watch the news site and you will know everything.
Activity: 574
Merit: 25
November 11, 2019, 04:50:39 PM
I think the price manipulation that occurred in crypto trading can be done by exchange, but of course this is not an easy thing and also requires quite a lot of funds to buy bitcoin and resell it in a short time so that it can be seen that the activity of increasing bitcoin prices is quite high in exchange so that it makes investors interested in investing in bitcoin and in this case of course the exchange will be very profitable because it gets income from the occurrence of the transaction activity.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 516
1BTC Welcome Bonus
November 11, 2019, 02:46:24 PM
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
November 11, 2019, 01:31:47 PM
Pages:
Jump to: