Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a fake coin? - page 5. (Read 2805 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 101
October 28, 2018, 12:09:42 PM
Yes, some coins copy name and they looks similar, but smart contract is different, so you can simply mix both coins and lose money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
October 28, 2018, 11:55:29 AM
There are no fakes, there is some shit  Grin
I do not think that fakes are a real problem, except for headless beginners. It is worth paying attention to the problem of scams, lol, and not to this nonsense.
copper member
Activity: 362
Merit: 1
October 28, 2018, 11:22:32 AM
It isn't really fake coins, there are many coins with shit idea backing them. Such coins fail to maintain their price point and usually have no community support. Investing in such coins can turn your investment to 0 in a few weeks. Only way to stay safe is doing a due diligence before investing.
Yeah, there's more fake coin here that not having a value in market or the price of a coin was fall. So if you would like to buy make sure to buy those potential coin that was already proven to exist more years.
copper member
Activity: 196
October 28, 2018, 11:21:32 AM
It depends on what is the fake coin? In my opinion, the fake coin is a coin, that does not have a working product and a healthy community. The market is overwhelmed with such coins and we need to change it or we will never reach the mass adoption.
Activity: 686
Merit: 262
October 28, 2018, 11:19:11 AM
It isn't really fake coins, there are many coins with shit idea backing them. Such coins fail to maintain their price point and usually have no community support. Investing in such coins can turn your investment to 0 in a few weeks. Only way to stay safe is doing a due diligence before investing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
October 24, 2018, 04:02:19 PM
I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?
Definitely there are fake coins. These most time happen to tokens using the ethereum platform. There might be an original token and some scammers would create theirs in order to deceive novice into buying from them.
Which ever coin you want to buy, check if it is listed on coinmarketcap and get the exchanges on which it is listed.
If you want to buy such coin on exchange while not listed on CMC, you can check the contract address and compare with that of the project team.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
October 24, 2018, 06:17:06 AM
Counterfeit currency should be there, but the code name will not be exactly the same, as long as we usually pay attention to it. For example, BTC1 and BTC are not the same coin. But BTC1 is also a token or a coin, but no one knows what it is.
Activity: 910
Merit: 101
October 24, 2018, 05:59:05 AM
There is no fake coin, we only have scam coins, these are coins which are made solely for the purpose of raising money from it and not doing what they have promised that they would do. A fake coin would imply some kind of counterfeit coin which is where cryptos are very good because you cannot make counterfeit, you are going to have to make an entirely new coin
I strongly agree with your opinion that "no fake coins" with a scam coin may be many, because with a fake word automatically shows the coin made twice or falsified, but if the coin is a scam or a new coin, it shows that the coin made only to attract investors to invest but no coins. or even the opposite.
Activity: 238
October 24, 2018, 05:58:53 AM
Checking the coin is the most necessary doing before the joining to it. But I don't like to do it so I use checked coins like EOS, BTC and so on. They are more responsible.
Activity: 173
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
October 24, 2018, 05:46:16 AM
It will be very hard to avoid them because fakes are too spread now and it wiill get a lot of time for analyzing to understand is it a fake or not, if you don't want to spend a lot of time, use old coins.
Activity: 333
October 24, 2018, 05:28:25 AM
Unfortunately, you have a lot of counterfeit money. The cryptocurrency market has just begun to have a lot of chaos. Many scammers use cryptocurrencies to get rich. If you want to avoid investment failures you should learn the difference between coins and coins.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
October 24, 2018, 05:21:21 AM
There are not only a large number of counterfeit money, but also many ICO projects are false. This is difficult to eliminate. We can only participate more cautiously.

It would be really easy to make a fake coin. Mesh networks and testnet's would be something that would sort of work as a fake coin.
Yeah you are right and that is the reason that many people now do not believe in cryptocurrency because they have been scammed and all their money has been looted. Now it is hard to pull them again toward crypto market. It is because of the counterfeit currency and fake ICO projects. I tis better to skip these currencies and project.

this is the problem that must be resolved. all of us who are now crypto investors must solve this problem. if not, there will be no new investors who want to buy cryptocurrency in the future. so far this year there have been many fake projects running ICOs and on average this project can raise more funds than softcap.
copper member
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
IRONX
October 24, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
Do research about the project/coin. look at the account names. there are fake accounts. in order not to lose money is better to read more. but this does not guarantee success
Activity: 752
Merit: 501
October 24, 2018, 05:15:54 AM
There is no fake coin, we only have scam coins, these are coins which are made solely for the purpose of raising money from it and not doing what they have promised that they would do. A fake coin would imply some kind of counterfeit coin which is where cryptos are very good because you cannot make counterfeit, you are going to have to make an entirely new coin
Activity: 350
"In CryptoEnergy we trust"
October 19, 2018, 06:12:54 AM
I just saw this somewhere on the internet. Are there any fake coins existing? How do you avoid buying fake coins?

There are lots of fake coins during ICO's, the motives of this coins which are runs by scammers, is that they create ICO's and after getting some funds from the investors, they are gone, thats how it is, they will create an enticing project in order to get the attention of the investors, and at the end of the day, their intention is to scam.
Activity: 76
October 06, 2018, 06:25:00 AM
There are not only a large number of counterfeit money, but also many ICO projects are false. This is difficult to eliminate. We can only participate more cautiously.

Yeah you are right and I think that the best way to avoid these fake coins; you must invest in big coins, like bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Liza, Litecoin and Monero. These are most reliable and authentic coins in the market and also listed in exchange. To invest in anonymous coins means losing your money and there is no chance for recovery. We should all be careful.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
October 05, 2018, 07:45:18 PM
90 percent of the coins in the crypto market are fake coins! Do not want to buy fake coins, then carefully study the project!
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
October 05, 2018, 09:18:10 AM

There are tons of fake ICOs. However, sometimes people do not have an opportunity to find out that ICO is fake because it is not planned. Sometime there is a moment, when team understand that there is no way to get profit, so they just steal all the investments. It is almost unpredictable.
Activity: 80
October 05, 2018, 04:24:38 AM

It would be really easy to make a fake coin. Mesh networks and testnet's would be something that would sort of work as a fake coin.
Yeah you are right and that is the reason that many people now do not believe in cryptocurrency because they have been scammed and all their money has been looted. Now it is hard to pull them again toward crypto market. It is because of the counterfeit currency and fake ICO projects. I tis better to skip these currencies and project.
Activity: 784
Merit: 255
October 04, 2018, 11:02:47 PM
I think that the problem may still be that recently,in connection with the holding of a set of ICO,have appeared several tokens with different smart contracts, but with the same name.Over the past six months, I have met at least 5 pairs of tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: