Pages:
Author

Topic: Is USD being used for illegal activities? - page 18. (Read 20141 times)

Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
Yup anyone can use bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as for illigal uses, and nowdays terrorist are also very highly qualified in technically ways so its possible that they are using vryptocurrency for illegal activities.
While provabilities dictate that what you say is true it makes more sense for anyone trying to do illegal things to use a currency that cannot be traced back to you and with bitcoin is relatively easy to track your transactions since bitcoin is not anonymous.
Activity: 952
Merit: 267
Yup anyone can use bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as for illigal uses, and nowdays terrorist are also very highly qualified in technically ways so its possible that they are using vryptocurrency for illegal activities.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Yeah even bitcoins and euros.Most terrorist this day are using this kind of currency wether cryptocurrency or fiat.It is a currency so every people can use it wether it is illegal or in legal activities.It is the users job to control where is he going to use it and government needs to elliminate this kind of problem.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
Yes, USD is being used for illegal activities and that is not new for us because even this forum is not created yet, we already knew that USD or other fiat is the main thing that they used in doing illegal activities like buying illegal stuffs or paying the criminals. I'm sure that even the bitcoin is already used to this kind of activities.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008
I think the dollar is not just used for crime or illegal activity. but all currency, each country has a mafia, and they must use local currency for illegal activity
Activity: 329
Merit: 254
Thats not the fault of USD. Every country has its own currency which is used by the local terrorist, smugglers I mean bad people,thats not the problem of the currency thats the problem of the system. Yes USD is widely used so terrorist or criminals gonna like it for sure.

Yes, USD is the Bitcoin of all fiats and sonice it's used globally in almost every country, bad people will find it convenient to do their business with it since it can be easily accepted and changed in every jurisdiction.
to me i think not only USD but all other currencies may be using for illegal activities, in fact bitcoin is a money and they use money for illegal activities which make it possible to for them to
Activity: 2702
Merit: 704
Bitcoin is GOD
No doubt that USD is being used for illegal activities, if it is not so. Then US doesn't have any prisoners for committing such crimes. And there's no exception of it, as long as it is money, people who are craving for money and riches will use any currency that they wish to use for their illegal activities.
Also the world acceptance of the dollar makes it very attractive for those that want to commit crimes to use it, it does not make much sense to use a currency that only a few have ever heard of, the US dollar is known all around the world.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
Firstly the subject line I would not agree with. Secondly its not only USD any currency in the world can be used for any illegal activities. In specific country which ever currency they use people use that currency to do illegal activities since it happens everywhere in world. And not just in one country where you can say USD is being used.

Well its oneself to look and identify that they do not get involved in malfunction or malpractices that led down them self in their own eyes and in world's eyes.
Activity: 882
Merit: 258
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
In my own personal point of view yes it can especially we all know that it is an international currency that it can be directly transfered or deposit to any bank in the world. so that once the people who are involved in the illegal activities use or withdraw the money from the bank or particular country the exchange rate of dollars can be doubled and turned out to be clean and untraceable that's what we called money laundering.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.
I am not sure what your point is here. USD has nothing to do with criminal activities. If criminals started using Ferraris to run over people would you blame Ferrari or cars for the murder?

Exactly. The United States Dollar should not be blamed for the street drug trade and other criminal activities, as it is just a medium of payment. Similarly, Bitcoins should not be blamed for all the dark-markets and pay-for-kill setups, as in this case also, it is just a medium of payment. Both the USD and the BTC can be used for good, as well as bad purposes.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
I see more and more articles of the USD being used for illegal activities, such as funding of terrorists and unconstitutional, illegal wars, funding of wars that cause severe infringement of civil liberties like the war on drugs, among other things. I am pretty sure that when goons smash into convenience stores and steal stuff, then the money they probably steal is USD, which makes it criminal currency. Also, I am pretty sure that the baseball bats that majority of the goons have bought were paid for by the USD.
I am not sure what your point is here. USD has nothing to do with criminal activities. If criminals started using Ferraris to run over people would you blame Ferrari or cars for the murder?

Everything can be used for good or evil purposes. Its up to the user to decide what he does with it. USD may be easier to buy criminal goods with than Icelandic currency or something but baseball bats can also help a criminal but are also not bad in themselves. Sorry for the rant but I just trying to say these two things are totally unrelated.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
I know for a fact that it is used for Illegal Activities for small time drug dealing to the Big Time Cocaine dealing of Pablo Escobar when you look at his money stash you will know that he barely has his local currency but mostly his money stash is almost US dollar maybe due to the fact that his #1 customers are Americans. Also another big time syndicate that is also known for stacking up US dollar is Saddam Hussein having 900 Million of the 1 Billion stash in 100$ denomination of USD it was mostly obtained in the heist he made in the Central Bank.

I guess whatever it is as long as bad people saw things as exploitable and can be used to do their illegal things, they will use it.  Regardless of what kind of currency, digital or physical, if they can take advantage of it and use it to buy them illegal stuff, they will use it and USD is no exemption.
That is the nature of humankind, many individuals tend to not care about other human beings and they steal or exploit them or the goverment.

In every country, there are organized crime gangs or at least a criminal group doing financial frauds.
It means that questions like " is xxx curency used for illegal activities" doesn't make sense, every currency and most of cryptocurrencies have been used to pay for e.g drugs, guns, website break-in or anything you want.

Im glad you mentioned about Pablo Escobar, and you are totally right. He had most of his power because of so many USD stashed everywhere.
However he didn't need a lot of local currency, his people just paid with dollars.

Imagine the group of people doing crimes but stashing money in bitcoin, that would be insane!
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
I know for a fact that it is used for Illegal Activities for small time drug dealing to the Big Time Cocaine dealing of Pablo Escobar when you look at his money stash you will know that he barely has his local currency but mostly his money stash is almost US dollar maybe due to the fact that his #1 customers are Americans. Also another big time syndicate that is also known for stacking up US dollar is Saddam Hussein having 900 Million of the 1 Billion stash in 100$ denomination of USD it was mostly obtained in the heist he made in the Central Bank.

I guess whatever it is as long as bad people saw things as exploitable and can be used to do their illegal things, they will use it.  Regardless of what kind of currency, digital or physical, if they can take advantage of it and use it to buy them illegal stuff, they will use it and USD is no exemption.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
Thats not the fault of USD. Every country has its own currency which is used by the local terrorist, smugglers I mean bad people,thats not the problem of the currency thats the problem of the system. Yes USD is widely used so terrorist or criminals gonna like it for sure.

Yes, USD is the Bitcoin of all fiats and sonice it's used globally in almost every country, bad people will find it convenient to do their business with it since it can be easily accepted and changed in every jurisdiction.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
No doubt that USD is being used for illegal activities, if it is not so. Then US doesn't have any prisoners for committing such crimes. And there's no exception of it, as long as it is money, people who are craving for money and riches will use any currency that they wish to use for their illegal activities.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 528
You can't say that USD directly is used on illegal activities because there are a lot of people who are doing these illegal activities and it is done in every countries, we all know that countries has their own currency and not just USD. Bitcoin is also used in these kind of illegal activities, and it is a good digital currency for using such activity. Noone can really track a man that will put a lot of bitcoin in their wallet unlike when they put a lot of money in their bank account, that will really draw the attention of the government and the people.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
But as USD is used by all over the world so international terrorists will use this currency for their activities as they will not face any issue in any conry with that currency and everyone will easily accept that so we can say yes they may use.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!
The point is that many people accuse Bitcoin of harbouring illegal activity, while the US dollar is used for even more illegal activity than Bitcoin is, especially since it's very hard to stay anonymous with Bitcoin unless you know what you're doing.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 250
http://unidapp.app
USD is just a currency, you can't judge it. Money isn't bad. Only the one used it for the bad reason or earned it from bad things. So please don't judge money currency. Judge the right one who did the bad thing. It's same with bitcoin , which is known as a currency of crinimal in the past.
Pages:
Jump to: