Pages:
Author

Topic: Isn't Islam a religion of hate and violence, not peace and love? - page 19. (Read 17869 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
A big big no! You were fooled by news and all media reports out there. But I beleive that muslims are good friends but worst enemies. Some terrorist bombing done by muslims is because of their leaders will and self interests. Some leaders use its power to urge a person from doing it because they told them that they will be with allah after doing it.

So no more fairly stories = a big reduction in suicide bombers + murderers.

All religion needs erasing from this planet.

Activity: 303
Merit: 250
A big big no! You were fooled by news and all media reports out there. But I beleive that muslims are good friends but worst enemies. Some terrorist bombing done by muslims is because of their leaders will and self interests. Some leaders use its power to urge a person from doing it because they told them that they will be with allah after doing it.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Wikipedia shouldn't be considered as something reliable clearly , Unlike Bible and the other books , the quran have only one version and didn't change since 1400 years so this is a reliable source instead of reading articles by people who probably don't know anything about the subject.

If we also think logically , saying that Islam is a religion of hate and there are more then 1.7 billion muslim out there , shouldn't you and me (and everyone else) be dead by now ?

That is the root cause of the problem.  Islam ideology is locked in the 6th century thinking.

Are you saying that a ideology created before cars, trucks, firearms, and gunpowder might possibly have problems once there were car bombs and machine guns?

Religions in general are ridiculous in the modern world.  

This particular religion with its Sharia Law has not changed since the 6th century. I don't mind when people believe in some fairy Allah type of character.  I have a problem when they say that stoning women is ok because they don't like you.   Throwing gays off the building tops or burning people alive because they disagree with you etc.  Such 'legal punishments' have no place in the 21st century, and I
don't care that the character from their holy book came up with it (that is a batshit crazy idea in itself).

Christians don't burn people alive anymore, so Muslims can do the same.  Stop the insanity.

Remove the fucking Sharia Law from this ideology.  
Make your Allah more like a 21st century political activist, not a 6th century goat herder.

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Wikipedia shouldn't be considered as something reliable clearly , Unlike Bible and the other books , the quran have only one version and didn't change since 1400 years so this is a reliable source instead of reading articles by people who probably don't know anything about the subject.

If we also think logically , saying that Islam is a religion of hate and there are more then 1.7 billion muslim out there , shouldn't you and me (and everyone else) be dead by now ?

That is the root cause of the problem.  Islam ideology is locked in the 6th century thinking.

Are you saying that a ideology created before cars, trucks, firearms, and gunpowder might possibly have problems once there were car bombs and machine guns?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468

legendary

I think we can do better than this example of "also thinking logically."

But since you bring the matter up, most Muslims who have ever been alive are dead now.  Same with others, for that matter.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
A good public debate here and worth a watch :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghr-JMq1VT0

I wont spoil the final vote outcome.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

legendary
How do you hear about these terrible things done in the name of Islam? The news media.

Does the news media report a story about "group of Muslims peacefully attended mosque today!"? No.

The reason you believe Islam is a hate-filled religion is because you're only exposure to the religion is what you hear and see on the news. And the priority of the news is to (mostly) report the tragedies of the world. Ever heard of the news industry phrase "if it bleeds, it leads"?

You say 95% of terrorism is conducted in the name of Islam. This may be true, but I'd love to read the article you're using as a source for that fact.

A more meaningful fact is what percentage of Muslims conduct terrorism? If it was less than 1% would you still think it's a hate-filled religion? Less than 2%? 5%? What threshold is appropriate for the religion to receive that assessment?

I've never read the Koran, but the Islam holy book is THE ONLY true source to answer your question - it will either state tenants that request or suggest hate and violence or it won't, and those are the rules that the religion is lived by.
Very good comments, but at this moment I will only comment on the bolded.  Completely, totally reject this assertion.

We are more observers of the behavior of Islamics than anything else.  We don't need to read their old books to study their behavior in the world.

And for starters as to "sources," how about we try Wikipedia?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
How do you hear about these terrible things done in the name of Islam? The news media.

Does the news media report a story about "group of Muslims peacefully attended mosque today!"? No.

The reason you believe Islam is a hate-filled religion is because you're only exposure to the religion is what you hear and see on the news. And the priority of the news is to (mostly) report the tragedies of the world. Ever heard of the news industry phrase "if it bleeds, it leads"?

You say 95% of terrorism is conducted in the name of Islam. This may be true, but I'd love to read the article you're using as a source for that fact.

A more meaningful fact is what percentage of Muslims conduct terrorism? If it was less than 1% would you still think it's a hate-filled religion? Less than 2%? 5%? What threshold is appropriate for the religion to receive that assessment?

I've never read the Koran, but the Islam holy book is THE ONLY true source to answer your question - it will either state tenants that request or suggest hate and violence or it won't, and those are the rules that the religion is lived by.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Swinging from buildings in my spare time.
It sure seems like it doesn't it? If these people are really peace loving then why don't they stop terrorism? It seems like they are all supporting it by doing nothing and letting it happen.
legendary
The thread "Kill Muslims" was started by a Muslim with a provocative title. 

The thread "Hate Muslims" was started by a Muslim with a provocative title.

Then people can reply "Oh my gosh NO!" to these straw man arguments.

I am tired of the manipulation and lying.

Islam owns the entire concept and practice of suicide bombing.

Islam owns over 95% of the terrorist activities.

Discuss.
Pages:
Jump to: