Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 16. (Read 5350247 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
The passthru also is supposed to submit blocks itself, is that how you have it setup?

No, I used the -P switch, there is a bitcoind present but I did not try -N
Hmm - then that defeats the purpose of using a passthru though.
Your passthru is also adding latency to any blocks found - which can be noticeable if the passthru is far from the pool.

When you use -N it submits the block to the bitcoin network locally, at the passthru node, as soon as the share gets to the node.
(though the code has the mask wrong)

In your case (not -N) you have to include the extra wait for the share to get passed by your passthru back to wherever in the world the pool is.
legendary
Activity: 2459
Merit: 1477
-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-
The passthru also is supposed to submit blocks itself, is that how you have it setup?

No, I used the -P switch, there is a bitcoind present but I did not try -N

Well as he stated in the ckpool thread - he doesn't test it ... so how does he know it works?

that was in 2018, I am not the person who can answer you that question.
But you are right by pushing me to test it, if I offer that service, and I take that very seriously.

That's not an AB block - it's block version is 0x20000000

Well, yes, my fault, I was just reporting after it found the block without checking the version.

legendary
EDIT:
My test run a couple of hours now, and it found the first block using the latest source of ckpool from bitbucket.
The miner (S9 with AB) is connected over a second instance of ckpool in passthrough mode.
Proof:  https://tbtc.bitaps.com/1891742

I will let that run for a few days, and if that runs flowlessly I would consider that safe to go back online.
I keep you informed.
That's not an AB block - it's block version is 0x20000000

I use the latest version from cks repository and we talked about using it on irc, I had no trouble with it
so far, and I did not get a negative response from eigther ck or the user.
Well as he stated in the ckpool thread - he doesn't test it ... so how does he know it works?
legendary
HOWEVER I'm not sure why -ck hasn't told you to shut down your solo passthru you run on his pool.
The code isn't supported (I've had to fix bugs in it) and it DOESN'T handle AB blocks properly.
You don't have to believe me, read what he said here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43911218

... and my follow up about some bugs in the code you are using:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44101418

He's never put an AB block test through the passthru code, otherwise he'd see it doesn't work.
That's how I found the bug, back when I was testing it properly, BEFORE I implemented AB on KanoPool.

You posted a lot in that thread also. Any special reason why you ignored my post and are getting people to mine through that buggy code you are running?

Thank you for dipping my nose on it.
I was not aware of that, 2018 I was not looking after the passthrough function of ckpool.
I use the latest version from cks repository and we talked about using it on irc, I had no trouble with it
so far, and I did not get a negative response from eigther ck or the user.

To not putting someone on risk, I will now remove the passthrough and test with my S9 and a local testnet.
As soon as I know what the results are, I let you know.

So again thanks for your warning.

EDIT:
My test run a couple of hours now, and it found the first block using the latest source of ckpool from bitbucket.
The miner (S9 with AB) is connected over a second instance of ckpool in passthrough mode.
Proof:  https://tbtc.bitaps.com/1891742

I will let that run for a few days, and if that runs flowlessly I would consider that safe to go back online.
I keep you informed.

legendary
Kano's Solo is now live and working perfectly. I've said 'you're fired!' to the -ck solo.

Well, that is nice to hear, but until the Kano solo pool did not find the first block, I would not say "it is working perfect". I would wait for at minimum the first block is mined.

Anyway, I wish all good luck on mining.
First and foremost: it's not a separate pool. The pool front end hasn't changed for this.
It's the same pool everyone mines on, that's so far found 2432 blocks.
KDB also submits the blocks with the correct exact check, and has been doing that for a couple of years, rather than the approximate check the pool code does.

The solo changes are how KDB accounts for shares and rewards miners.

Also, I have 'mined' over 250 low difficulty blocks of both PPLNS and Solo through the new KDB code on my test server Smiley
Tested reasonably well from beginning to end.
That's of course, not a full block validation test, but block validation hasn't changed at all, it has nothing to do with the solo update.

HOWEVER I'm not sure why -ck hasn't told you to shut down your solo passthru you run on his pool.
The code isn't supported (I've had to fix bugs in it) and it DOESN'T handle AB blocks properly.
You don't have to believe me, read what he said here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43911218
 ... and my follow up about some bugs in the code you are using:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.44101418
He's never put an AB block test through the passthru code, otherwise he'd see it doesn't work.
That's how I found the bug, back when I was testing it properly, BEFORE I implemented AB on KanoPool.
You posted a lot in that thread also. Any special reason why you ignored my post and are getting people to mine through that buggy code you are running?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
good luck i wonder whom hits the first solo block
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
but until the Kano solo pool did not find the first block, I would not say "it is working perfect".
Very true. However the most important parts of it uses the main pools code. Solo is more of an accounting thing and following discussions the past few months on Discord we know that the code has been extensively tested, a few bugs found and squashed then tested more before it went live. Unlike code from a certain anesthesiologist and hobbyist coder, Kano is a professional programmer with degree in Computer Science who's only job is being a programmer/pool operator. That gives me far greater confidence in what he codes.

Another bonus is that with two full nodes which are not based in the US including one behind the GFW there is no need to use a pass-thru service if your country blocks access to US servers.

edit: I should add that it supports multisig and sub-accounts refer to https://kano.is/index.php?k=soloinfo
legendary
Kano's Solo is now live and working perfectly. I've said 'you're fired!' to the -ck solo.
Main restriction is that you MUST either use OEM firmware or BoS (Braiins). Aside from BoS miners using all 3rd party firmware are automajikly disconnected because of GPL license violation. While there has yet to be any verifiable proof that BoS finds blocks, being allowed only on solo presents zero risk to the main pool. Adder to that - IF someone using Bos does find a solo block then BoS will also be allowed on the main PPLNS pool.

For those wanting to use it:
1. Register to create new account & verify - you cannot directly mine to just a BTC address
2. Use a new payout address
3. Select Solo
4. Only then point the solo miners @ the pool & fire them up

Key points are that it must be a new account and the payout address cannot have been used before with Kanopool. Very nice to finally have a solo that is ran by someone who knows how to correctly code and more importantly - TESTS their code along with logging everything that goes on...

Well, that is nice to hear, but until the Kano solo pool did not find the first block, I would not say "it is working perfect". I would wait for at minimum the first block is mined.

Anyway, I wish all good luck on mining.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!

Main restriction is that you MUST either use OEM firmware or BoS (Braiins) and yes running Sidehacks miners with vh's firmware is fine. Aside from BoS (which is a clean re-write of cgminer), any miners using 3rd party firmware are automajikly disconnected because of cgminer GPL license violation. While there has yet to be any verifiable proof that BoS finds blocks, being allowed only on solo presents zero risk to the main pool. Adder to that - IF someone using BoS does find a solo block here then BoS will also be allowed on the main PPLNS pool.

For those wanting to use it:
1. Register to create new account & verify using the code that will be emailed to you - you cannot directly mine to just a BTC address
2. Use a new payout address
3. Select Solo
4. Only then using the new Solo worker name point the solo miners @ any of the normal pool addresses & fire them up.
For further info refer to https://kano.is/index.php?k=soloinfo

Key points are that it must be a new account and the payout address cannot have been used before with Kanopool. Very nice to finally have a solo that is ran by someone who knows how to correctly code and more importantly - thoroughly TESTS their code along with logging everything that goes on...

edit: I should also add that rentals are allowed on the Solo accounts. Reason of course is that the Renter bears all risks regarding how the rental hash performs and not the main pool.
legendary
KDB upgrade will be today for the rest of the solo code.

Most of it is already live but I ended up writing a testing program to simplify comparing shift data in the database against shift data in the share log files.
Previously I'd do manual checks and balances to make sure things were OK, but with this solo change I've made a lot of changes in the code involved in processing shifts (internally called the markersummary table), so for the final step (over the last week or so) I've written a completely separate program to do the full shift process of a range of log files to compare against the database.

This will of course also simplify future change tests, like the blocksummary code mentioned before, that is in the live code but never enabled, that is one of the next updates that I'll do.

Solo will be switched on soon after the update.

Edit: you can now switch a new account to solo.
See Help->Solo first.
You'll get an Accounts->Solo menu item when you login to a new account, if your account is within the time limit.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
Any ETA as to when the Solo option will be available?  My winter-time Artoo unit (R4 with only half brains!) is ready to burn some watts.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
"Anyway, the Android app, I did just try install and fire it up on a tablet and it worked - the version that says '(Kano)' on the end.

So my only guess would be that whatever is causing the Discord problem may be causing the App problem?"

Tried an old Phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and the app still works fine, new one I have had for about 3 months (One Plus Cool did work fine but now app crashes (in last 2 weeks) as soon as trying to open it so guess the app does not like something in the Oxygen OS.
Will use an old Android phone for now to run app :-)
Will try and join you on Discord some other time (not that I have ever needed help in the past as the KanoPool just works :-)
All the best
Tried to join you on Discord, link worked then get thrown off after 10 minute countdown gets to about 5 minutes ? Happily mining with you for years but CKPool Stats app has just stopped working and wondered if there was something else. Just wanted simple check on phone of HashRate. ?
User name on Discord is same as my user name on KanoPool in case you can see why I am getting kicked off before being allowed to post.
Yeah Discord can sometimes be over active before the 10 minute limit - not sure what reasons it does it, since it's not everyone.
I presume you registered the Discord account properly?
I'd also like to know the differences when someone can get in vs when they can't since it does happen on occasion but I'm not sure what causes it.

Also if you do manage to get in to Discord, see the pinned message about getting a Discord Key since that will get you the 'Miner' roll which 'should' clear up any problem.

Anyway, the Android app, I did just try install and fire it up on a tablet and it worked - the version that says '(Kano)' on the end.

So my only guess would be that whatever is causing the Discord problem may be causing the App problem?
Thanks, got logged out of Discord, gone back in again using invite to give you the key but but whilst waiting on 10 min timeout got logged out again with few seconds left on countdown. Will try again later.
legendary
Tried to join you on Discord, link worked then get thrown off after 10 minute countdown gets to about 5 minutes ? Happily mining with you for years but CKPool Stats app has just stopped working and wondered if there was something else. Just wanted simple check on phone of HashRate. ?
User name on Discord is same as my user name on KanoPool in case you can see why I am getting kicked off before being allowed to post.
Yeah Discord can sometimes be over active before the 10 minute limit - not sure what reasons it does it, since it's not everyone.
I presume you registered the Discord account properly?
I'd also like to know the differences when someone can get in vs when they can't since it does happen on occasion but I'm not sure what causes it.

Also if you do manage to get in to Discord, see the pinned message about getting a Discord Key since that will get you the 'Miner' roll which 'should' clear up any problem.

Anyway, the Android app, I did just try install and fire it up on a tablet and it worked - the version that says '(Kano)' on the end.

So my only guess would be that whatever is causing the Discord problem may be causing the App problem?
legendary
If mining in your Pool (quote: "as long as you sent that share to the pool")... would not all shares be automatically be sent to the pool...?
Well, your internet could stop working, your miner could stop working, your power could stop working Smiley
All the obvious things about technology Smiley
Continue this discussion in Discord if you need more answers.
Activity: 3
If mining in your Pool (quote: "as long as you sent that share to the pool")... would not all shares be automatically be sent to the pool...?
legendary
Great Kano, thank you for responding. Many sleepless nights. I just want to do something right. Am I understanding correctly that unless I see my best shares come up as Best share: 17.6T or greater that the network would never let me even "find" a block to begin with? So much to learn. So much misinformation. A.D.D. and a love for tech is a blessing and curse at same time.  Cool ... SP
If your best share is over the network difficulty, then yes your miner found a block.
The network difficulty changes every 2 weeks.

On our pool, as long as you sent that share to the pool, KanoPool will show that block as found.

Activity: 3
Great Kano, thank you for responding. Many sleepless nights. I just want to do something right. Am I understanding correctly that unless I see my best shares come up as Best share: 17.6T or greater that the network would never let me even "find" a block to begin with? So much to learn. So much misinformation. A.D.D. and a love for tech is a blessing and curse at same time.  Cool ... SP
legendary
"New block detected on network before pool notification from pool 0 at height ######"
This message is what cgminer says every time the network changes to a new block.
So you'll see it, on average, once every 10 minutes if you keep watching.
It's about the Bitcoin network, not about your miner.

Here's the current network block on my testing at home:
[2020-09-05 11:53:16.771] Stratum from pool 1 detected new block at height 646833

Your best share would have to be over 17.6T before you'd have found a block.
But keep trying Smiley

Your best share is on the right of this line:
Block: e6375a73...  Diff:17.6T  Started: [11:53:16.771]  Best share: 129M

Alas there are no contests at the moment for block finders, but as always, everyone on the pool gets a good payout when any 'one' finds a block on the pool.
Pages:
Jump to: