Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 14. (Read 5350247 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Can someone tell a beginner what the minimum hash rate to receive a reward is on KanoPool?

TNX

Its around 500Ghs to be eligible for payout.
Activity: 19
Merit: 2
Can someone tell a beginner what the minimum hash rate to receive a reward is on KanoPool?

TNX
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Hi, Please help me with the math here...

so as of today 4/11/2021 assuming avg 100% difficulty, and assuming today's total bitcoin hashrate, and assume our pool is running at 8PHs/sec... how many blocks should we find over a year? ( and yes i realize it's all a sliding math thing so it technically changes every day).

But based on rough math what does that number look like currently?

2 ?  maybe 3 ?

Curious to see if I'm even close.

Also welcome to all new miners or congrats to whoever added to their farm!
Easiest way to check this at any time, is the web link - I wrote MANY years ago and update on occasion:
http://tradebtc.net/bitcalc.php
... and just press enter.

It fills in the pool hash rate with the current KanoPool hash rate when you first visit.

The lines of interest (at the moment) are:
Code:
Pool PH/s: 8.866 PH/s
Pool Average Blocks per Day: 0.0077 blocks

So 1/0.0077 = 129.87 means: we have a 1 in 129.87 chance of finding a block each day at the current Bitcoin network difficulty.

Now the mistake that most people fall into is that you can't actually say that we'd expect one block every 129.87 days
Since difficulty changes every 2 weeks, it's not linear at all.

If you extend that "1 in 129.87 chance" to say "oh that's 2.81 blocks a year", it's not actually correct.
Though it may give you some idea about how often we might find a block, it's definitely not an accurate representation of the expected number of blocks.

A simple example to explain this:
Say you want to roll a 6 on a dice.
You're allowed to roll it 2 times today, then once every day after today.
What is the expected number of days to roll a 6?
The correct answer is 5 days 2+1+1+1+1 = 6
But if you take today's value of '2' rolls a day and use that to calculate it - you get, incorrectly, 3 days (since 2x3 = 6)

This dice example is exactly the same as incorrectly saying "today's difficulty for the next 365 days means 2.81 blocks a year."
The problem of course is that we don't know what the difficultly will be in 2 weeks.
However, we do know that for the next 5-6 months it will most likely go up since most miner pre-orders are around 5-6 months.

Thus if the pool stayed at 8.866 PH/s for the next year, then we expect less than 2.81 blocks.

Lastly, and of most importance, is the word 'expect'
As explained on the Help->Luck page on the web site, it's not what we will get, it's what we 'mathematically' would expect to get.
We may get 0, 1, 5, or even 10.
But we expect, on average, to get 1 block for each 100% of difficulty hashes the pool does.
(and also all the other small pools incorrectly show the % a lot lower than it really is)
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi, Please help me with the math here...

so as of today 4/11/2021 assuming avg 100% difficulty, and assuming today's total bitcoin hashrate, and assume our pool is running at 8PHs/sec... how many blocks should we find over a year? ( and yes i realize it's all a sliding math thing so it technically changes every day).

But based on rough math what does that number look like currently?

2 ?  maybe 3 ?

Curious to see if I'm even close.

Also welcome to all new miners or congrats to whoever added to their farm!

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Nope. It's just a minor annoyance thass easily fixed.
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
Mainly just posting to lose the Spanish subject line as seen on Index page Tongue

Is Policing Subject Lines a good paying job?  Smiley
legendary
Mainly just posting to lose the Spanish subject line as seen on Index page Tongue
legendary
Hello I am new around here and I would like to know if there are any manuals for the pool, tells me to set a payment address in my account. I'm going to set up and where the BTC account should go, I have my worker name on and I don't know how to change it. Thank you
You enter a BTC address into the Account->Settings page where it asks for a BTC address.

There's lots of Help pages on the web site on the right menu.
If you've read that and still have questions, visit discord as per the link on the web site home page, and ask away.
Activity: 4
Hello I am new around here and I would like to know if there are any manuals for the pool, tells me to set a payment address in my account. I'm going to set up and where the BTC account should go, I have my worker name on and I don't know how to change it. Thank you
legendary
Or they could just look at the pool home page. There it is, posted top center of the page...
Maybe that is too difficult or complicated for them to figure out?  Huh
Grumpy  Tongue
Nope. Just Not Fuzzy & Warm  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Or they could just look at the pool home page. There it is, posted top center of the page...

Grumpy  Tongue
Activity: 3
How long ago was the last block mined by kano?
See the Pool->Blocks page: 2020‑07‑26 14:58:56 UTC
Code:
2432     640887     pplns     6.99512214 BTC     2020‑07‑26 14:58:56     8.195%

Muchas gracias. Ahí vi!
legendary
legendary
See the Pool->Blocks page: 2020‑07‑26 14:58:56 UTC
Code:
2432     640887     pplns     6.99512214 BTC     2020‑07‑26 14:58:56     8.195%
Activity: 3
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
Kana we may not always have seen eye to eye on some issues, but i mined on your pool as I always felt you to be honest. I have not mined in a few years and was wondering where the same amount came from when it showed up. Thank you
xuy
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
Thank you so much Mr. Kano! What a nice surprise for the 'dust'! I bet wait for another year the dust won't be dust in terms of dollar value  Grin
Though I am not mining now, it's quite a fun ride with your pool. Wish you and your pool best luck! Enjoy mining while BTC price rises stably.
Activity: 16
Hi Kano,

Many thanks for the dust, not mined for a few years now, worth about 10 times more than the last time I looked at it's value.

Wishing good luck and happiness to you and your pool.
I still look on here everyday hoping you have found a block.

Best Wishes.
Activity: 19
 Thanks Kano for remembering dust hardwork with Spondoolies SP20 and S5  back in 2017 Smiley
Activity: 2646
Merit: 550
Yes, thanks.  I got about $100.  All that with an S1 and S3 back around 2017. (and was a good heat source in winter).
Pages:
Jump to: