Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 13. (Read 5350247 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin

i have mined in this pool since 2014.
I have sent these guys a message to add KANO pool but the api is missing
this is a good advertisment for the pool
can you fix this Kano.
Others (and myself) have given them the link that provides the hash rate and timestamp on multiple occasions, then it shows up there for a while, but it keeps disappearing off their site soon after.
No idea what the issue is, but is seems they don't like the link Tongue
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
https://miningpoolstats.stream/bitcoin

i have mined in this pool since 2014.
I have sent these guys a message to add KANO pool but the api is missing
this is a good advertisment for the pool
can you fix this Kano.

Activity: 90
Merit: 12
However, i reposthis

I have no idea what that post was other than guessing that someone on the forum sent you a scam message.

Just ignore it.

I,ve just send you a PM

Thanks for cleaning this uo for me!

Smiley
legendary
However, i reposthis

I have no idea what that post was other than guessing that someone on the forum sent you a scam message.

Just ignore it.
Activity: 14
Merit: 2
Hi Mr Kano, it is feasible to use your pool, with an Antminer U3 and 2 USB ASIC from Bitfury, they give about 65Gh/s approx.

Best regards and thanks
While it is feasible, it would be somewhat pointless due to the high power it would use for the very tiny hash rate, as implied by the above post about how old they are.

To compare: e.g. a NewPac USB runs about that hash rate using only a few watts - and NewPacs use old S9 chips.

I understand, it is more like a "lottery" and experiment, than what can be obtained.
And with an Antminer S9 ... electricity cost 0.00€/kwh
I'm looking at websites like whattomine.com, and theoretically it gets about 4.7$/day (which is probably a little less...).

Thank you very much!
legendary
Thank you for the quick response!
I logged in and checked the section. If I got it right the rewards are not exactly 1/3 within the first 3 days but get closer to 1/3 the longer the miner continues to run (given the miner runs 8hours/day). I'll try to get the script running and see how it works over time. Am I allowed to post questions regarding the CGminer API on your Discord-channel?
Well I designed and wrote the API so I guess that should be OK Smiley
legendary
Hi Mr Kano, it is feasible to use your pool, with an Antminer U3 and 2 USB ASIC from Bitfury, they give about 65Gh/s approx.

Best regards and thanks
While it is feasible, it would be somewhat pointless due to the high power it would use for the very tiny hash rate, as implied by the above post about how old they are.

To compare: e.g. a NewPac USB runs about that hash rate using only a few watts - and NewPacs use old S9 chips.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

Best regards and thanks

2014 called, they want that old miner back
Activity: 46
Merit: 13
Hello I'm new here and I'm interested to know if it does make sense to run my miner just for a few hours a day. I have written a small script that allows me to use excess energy form my pv-system as soon as the battery is charged. This means the miner would run occasionally and irregularly. Is this a problem for the pool? Cheers!
Well, when we find a block, your reward is based on all the work you have done in the previous 3 days.
So e.g. if you were mining 8 hours a day, you'd expect 1/3 the reward of someone mining 24 hours a day with the same hash rate.

However, it wont be exactly 1/3, it could be higher or lower.

Firstly, read Help->Rewards when you are logged in.
But the point is that the 'tank' maximum and minimum will vary due to the 8 hours on and 16 hours off.
So if we found the next block right at the end of your 8 hours on, your 'tank' would be at the maximum point, but it we found the next block right at the end of your 16 hours off, your 'tank' would be at the minimum point.
i.e. much higher variance due to the on/off mining.

Thank you for the quick response!
I logged in and checked the section. If I got it right the rewards are not exactly 1/3 within the first 3 days but get closer to 1/3 the longer the miner continues to run (given the miner runs 8hours/day). I'll try to get the script running and see how it works over time. Am I allowed to post questions regarding the CGminer API on your Discord-channel?
Activity: 14
Merit: 2

Best regards and thanks
legendary
Hello I'm new here and I'm interested to know if it does make sense to run my miner just for a few hours a day. I have written a small script that allows me to use excess energy form my pv-system as soon as the battery is charged. This means the miner would run occasionally and irregularly. Is this a problem for the pool? Cheers!
Well, when we find a block, your reward is based on all the work you have done in the previous 3 days.
So e.g. if you were mining 8 hours a day, you'd expect 1/3 the reward of someone mining 24 hours a day with the same hash rate.

However, it wont be exactly 1/3, it could be higher or lower.

Firstly, read Help->Rewards when you are logged in.
But the point is that the 'tank' maximum and minimum will vary due to the 8 hours on and 16 hours off.
So if we found the next block right at the end of your 8 hours on, your 'tank' would be at the maximum point, but it we found the next block right at the end of your 16 hours off, your 'tank' would be at the minimum point.
i.e. much higher variance due to the on/off mining.
Activity: 46
Merit: 13
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I was close-ish...lol.  I was figuring it correctly, that was just a rough off the cuff number I came up with, based on comparison time frames and hash rates.

At least you showed me my method was sound as long as a person understands the sliding scales involved. Like you implied, it's more of a range that one can predict with any degree of confidence.

Thank you Kano, I'm honored you answered personally!

As a network engineer I salute you for your SLA numbers, especially uptime, and performance.

I hope we hit one before it gets too warm in Western New York.

I usually have to quit mining around end of May or risk frying some boards.

Best, Mark
legendary
If you mined to an address and an account with the same address - they were sent the total dust balance of the two.
If you mined to an address on it's own that wasn't also on an account, and the balance was above dust, it was sent also.
Activity: 90
Merit: 12
S1, S2 & S3 firmware still here:
https://bitbucket.org/TheKano/cgminer-binaries/src/master/

No new donations required.
There's no S5.

Dust was sent to that account in Feb/March Smiley

OK

thank you!

Another question: I'm not always mined to the account directly. I used instead BTC Adresses to mine (don't know with one anymore)....   Are there any other dust payments in plan for the next time?

Greetings

Fingolfin

P.S.

Thanks that you are the meaning that no additional donations required. But the duty is written to philipma using and escrwow adress for ...   so, in my world / word i still have an 0.01 BTC Duty to a adress manageg by philipma

Thanks at all Smiley
legendary
S1, S2 & S3 firmware still here:
https://bitbucket.org/TheKano/cgminer-binaries/src/master/

No new donations required.
There's no S5.

Dust was sent to that account in Feb/March Smiley
Activity: 442
Merit: 250
Found Lost beach - quiet now
Thanks for the dust Kano. Now I'll have some mining income for my "Bitcoin Mining and Trading" business in 2021 instead of just capital gains. Maybe the IRS will send me fewer love letters. Smiley
legendary
I can't seem to get into the discord.

It always shows your Discord server as down to a temporary outage... any idea?
Must be your connection to discord?
It's up and running with plenty of people connected as usual.
I did see your name appear, but left again shortly after that.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I can't seem to get into the discord.

It always shows your Discord server as down to a temporary outage... any idea?
legendary
Quote from discord Smiley
Well to earn a reward per block, the pool % of dust / 6.25
(dust being 10,000 sat or 0.0001)
So anyway it depends on the pool size when we find the block
Of course, as I've proven recently Smiley - your below dust rewards do eventually get paid out - but at the earliest when they accumulate to more than dust, then the block we find after that
but anyway lets say the pool hash rate was 10PH when we find a block, then the dust level reward would be 10PH * (dust / 6.25) = 160GH/s
(10,000,000 GH/s * (0.0001 / 6.25))

Of course if the pool hash rate is lower than 10PH/s when we find a block, then a lower miner hash rate would earn above dust.
And of course if it's higher, then a higher miner hash rate would earn above dust.

The new payout code, that I used to pay the old dust, handles this for block payouts also.
It adds up your owed dust and adds that to the new block reward - if that total is more than dust then it will be sent.

Edit: and of course you can set a higher payout limit.
Pages:
Jump to: