Pages:
Author

Topic: KanoPool kano.is lowest 0.9% fee 🐈 since 2014 - Worldwide - 2432 blocks - page 17. (Read 5350247 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Great Kano, I really appreciate all your insight that has helped me in the door. I am having difficulty finding specifics on discovery. I am new to having any things actually working. I am also working on expanding my knowledge. So, I am probably wrong Roll Eyes but I have been mining with you this week and I got excited b/c I thought I found a block and that block (i checked) now @24 confirmations, has confirmed BTC to COINBASE. I was thinking this b/c My Diff Spiked way up then I got a "work restart" then my Net diff set to 17.6T and then my line item said "New block detected on network before pool notification from pool 0 at height ######"... This was today a few hrs ago. I have my data. Tell me I am a crazy rookie with High hopes with beginners LK.... I was hoping to win your contests. I really want to be a winner. SP
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Will this pool accept an S9 running BRAIINS since it's not firmware provided by the manufacturer?
No, they are disconnected from the pool.
It's automatic.
Activity: 361
Merit: 267
Will this pool accept an S9 running BRAIINS since it's not firmware provided by the manufacturer?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
It's the old CKPoolMonitor app from years ago.  I got that same email, though if you look at it a bit more closely it says found after 0 days, 0 hours,0 minutes at 27.6% diff.  Diff is right for the pool at that time, but block solved and times are...??  Roll Eyes

No one likes a tease!  Mine ON!  Cheesy

It is why I realized it was wrong I went to check how big the new block was.

I found none on block explorer then went back to the email and read all the 0's

I said to my self better delete it.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
It's the old CKPoolMonitor app from years ago.  I got that same email, though if you look at it a bit more closely it says found after 0 days, 0 hours,0 minutes at 27.6% diff.  Diff is right for the pool at that time, but block solved and times are...??  Roll Eyes

No one likes a tease!  Mine ON!  Cheesy
legendary
I got an email  it said the pool hit a block.

So I posted block.

it looks like the email,was an error so,I deleted it.

Not sure why I got a block notice today for a block made last month.
The pool doesn't send block emails.
So I'd suggest you chase up whoever is sending you that info and tell them to fix it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Not sure what your message was you posted Phil, but either you deleted it or a mod deleted it.
I didn't.

I got an email  it said the pool hit a block.

So I posted block.

it looks like the email,was an error so,I deleted it.

Not sure why I got a block notice today for a block made last month.
legendary
Not sure what your message was you posted Phil, but either you deleted it or a mod deleted it.
I didn't.
legendary
Hi there, I mined 0.00040696 BTC in more or less dust a few years ago and was never able to get a payout.

Is there a minimum payout treshold for Kano? Do you think there's any chance I could get my BTC out?

Username is disclaimer201, same as here. Cheers!
Well you can get it if you mine on the pool Smiley

Each block this year, I've added to each payout, the miner's owed dust for anyone who mined more than dust in each block.

Also, 1TH is more than enough to get you a reward above dust at the moment - if you mine for the 3 days before a block is found.
Of course 3TH if you mine for only one whole day before etc.
Since the N in PPLNS is 3 days.

After the solo changes are done, I'll work on getting dust balances that are total above dust, sent to people who don't mine.

Also, of course, your account will show all your rewards and the exact blockchain payments sent so you can see what's owed.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Hi there, I mined 0.00040696 BTC in more or less dust a few years ago and was never able to get a payout.

Is there a minimum payout treshold for Kano? Do you think there's any chance I could get my BTC out?

Username is disclaimer201, same as here. Cheers!
I'm in BTC XTC
Yeah it's not like I saw my miners failing over to a solo pool all the time or anything...  Grin  Just wondering, and I do have a limping R4 with half a brain that I use for winter heating which I point to a solo pool, so I'd prefer to point it to pool Brand "K" which rhymes with "A" and it's indeed the A-pool! (apologies to The Music Man)
Cheers all, and Mine On!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself

Each time I've moved the master server to a new, updated server, there's been an outage.
Last time I think it was something like half an hour in June-2018 though was supposed to be only 5-10 minutes.

There was also a time when there was a catastrophic power failure at the datacenter where the master server is.

I don't think its fair to count planned outages.  Even if it did run a little over time.

I don't remember the other outage.  I appreciate your clarifications.  Still a great record.
legendary
Yep, I don't know of a single time the pool has went down since 2015 when I started here.  The worst was recently when all but two nodes dropped off.  I have since put all nodes in my failover list.  I still have a solo pool at the end of that list too.  This is the most reliable pool I've ever experienced.  Knock on wood!
Each time I've moved the master server to a new, updated server, there's been an outage.
Last time I think it was something like half an hour in June-2018 though was supposed to be only 5-10 minutes.
(ckpool corrupted a reload data log file when I shut it down - so I had to fix that)

There was also a time when there was a catastrophic power failure at the datacenter where the master server is.
They lost the main power and the backup power failed, and they power cycled the server 4 or 5 times ... and they got abuse from me about it also ...
Can't remember when that was though, but I think it was about 45 minutes.
legendary
Think for yourself
Yep, I don't know of a single time the pool has went down since 2015 when I started here.  The worst was recently when all but two nodes dropped off.  I have since put all nodes in my failover list.  I still have a solo pool at the end of that list too.  This is the most reliable pool I've ever experienced.  Knock on wood!
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
Not sure if the pool has ever gone down. Given its age I expect that it has but I certainly do not remember such an event.
Nodes dropping out - ja that does happen every so often but thanks to Kano's diligence they are back up ASAP, usually within minutes. As long as your backups point to a different node (not just a different port) mining continues uninterrupted.
legendary
Think for yourself
Yep, that's what he has said in this thread.  Won't work for failover purposes when mining PPLNS on kano.is.
I'm in BTC XTC
Since I don't do discord I don't know when the kano solo pool is scheduled to be available.  As many here do, I set a backup solo pool for when the main pool I mine to (kano) goes down. But if the backup solo pool is also kano will that make it moot? I believe I read previously that the difference on kano between pooled and solo will be virtual, not physical. True?  Makes economic sense certainly.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
BOOM!  Killing the blocks here on kanopool!  Yee Haw!!  Cool BTC

Biffa nails another one!  Hell yeah.

#14 Got off the unlucky 13 spot.. now to get some more!
Who says 13 is unlucky??

"I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck"!!  Cheesy

me too i think 13 is unlucky
I'm in BTC XTC
BOOM!  Killing the blocks here on kanopool!  Yee Haw!!  Cool BTC

Biffa nails another one!  Hell yeah.

#14 Got off the unlucky 13 spot.. now to get some more!
Who says 13 is unlucky??

"I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck"!!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 2224
EIN: 82-3893490
nice! gotta love them blocks. lets go for a hat trick this month!
Pages:
Jump to: