Pages:
Author

Topic: Know when to stop a HODL/HOLD - page 15. (Read 41077 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
April 24, 2019, 07:16:46 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.

Not going to generalize but most newbies are fond of being manipulated by other posts around the forum, and what happens here is that most higher ranked members tend to tell these newbies about what could happen if they don't sell this or that and a lot more of posts that will make a newbie panic, now I'm not saying this only occurs on newbies since even higher members tend to be fooled especially about the price speculations, everyone has different opinions but in the end it's all in the graph to see which is good right now and which coin should you avoid, and this is the same as to HODLING, it's all in yourselves to decide when to stop, don't listen to the what ifs of other people with their opinionated statements.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
April 24, 2019, 06:58:31 AM
Its true. Most newbies out there are just doing things they've heard without analyzing the situation first. Yes its true that its good to hold crypto but you have to be smart enough to know when to stop. Its not all about holding coins, it also depends on the type of crypto you're holding and the current situation of the market. Generally, established coins like bitcoin and ethereum are good to hold for a longer time while other crypto, you have to set your time frame.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
April 24, 2019, 05:53:30 AM
Yeah, you need to know when its the time to hold and when to sell off. Just the fools who do not sell.

It will be pointless if we only hold our coins and never sell them especially when we have made a profit. The main goal in investing is to make profit. Once we hit our desired target we should end our trading session to continue again with the next sessions.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
April 24, 2019, 05:15:41 AM
Newbies can easily be influenced from what they hear from speculations.. I've read several times people tend to advice to hold long term. because its easy for them to say JUST HOLD cause theyre not the one losing! For me its not all about holding, its being smart about your own invesment know when to stop and cut the losses.  

What are your thoughts?
To make money in the crypto-currency market, you need to have information. Many investors use the services of informants and analysts, the project https://pyyro.com, provides news information completely free of charge.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
April 24, 2019, 03:56:04 AM
It's good to hold no comment, but when profits comes learn to take the advantage, take out your profit and wait till the coin lose value and do some buy back, by doing this you will have more quantity and gains left, be smart, that's all,ive sold good coins for profits and they have lose lots of value this year so all I did is buy back

I am agree, sometimes trading can double our coin. But to trade in volatile market, we should understand about how to read market movement. If we have good trading skill, i think its profitable.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
April 24, 2019, 03:51:12 AM

What are your thoughts?

In the reality things happened here in the forum, most novice are excited to earn fast, it is very seldom for them to hold their coins in a long term. Instead of studying first, they are eager to earn quickly. So, hold is depend on you, how you you are going to hold on the beliefs you have in the coins. You will, only stop holding if you know that once you sell, it is already more than the amount of you purchased.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 116
April 24, 2019, 03:33:51 AM
It's good to hold no comment, but when profits comes learn to take the advantage, take out your profit and wait till the coin lose value and do some buy back, by doing this you will have more quantity and gains left, be smart, that's all,ive sold good coins for profits and they have lose lots of value this year so all I did is buy back
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
April 24, 2019, 03:14:54 AM

What are your thoughts?
if an asset or some assets in your holding are good and you know very well it will do good in the future,  then why not hold as long as possible?  If an asset or some assets worth holding for years, then there is nothing bad about that
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 24, 2019, 03:10:26 AM
Exactly I completely agree with you lots of coins still I am holding became complete disaster . Example centra I was holding this coin for long term without checking investment now it’s turn upto a huge loss for . The coin price is now nothing.
It's obviously that not all coins are suitable for a long-term holding. Top-coins from CMC are good enough. Some other coins can give you only x2-x3 profit at best. But most of them are suitable only for a short-term hold and selling right after listing.
Yes, not all altcoins are good for holding. There are quite a good number of altcoins that gives long term profiting. I never go with a separate allocation of long term and short term holding of assets. The right thing is to do decide according to the market situation than just holding long term. Expecting beyond the limit will cause users to miss the chance of profiting.
Activity: 602
April 24, 2019, 02:48:13 AM
Yeah, you need to know when its the time to hold and when to sell off. Just the fools who do not sell.
Activity: 322
April 24, 2019, 02:43:01 AM
Exactly I completely agree with you lots of coins still I am holding became complete disaster . Example centra I was holding this coin for long term without checking investment now it’s turn upto a huge loss for . The coin price is now nothing.
It's obviously that not all coins are suitable for a long-term holding. Top-coins from CMC are good enough. Some other coins can give you only x2-x3 profit at best. But most of them are suitable only for a short-term hold and selling right after listing.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
April 24, 2019, 02:18:02 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 287
April 24, 2019, 01:59:40 AM
all newbies are different, someone prefers to learn from their mistakes and work out their own experience, and someone listens to all the advice that they give away so generously in forums and in various channels ... as they say, "trust but verify" if you listen to All sorts of advisers do not rush headlong to introduce these tips into life, try to independently explore the coin, the team and so on and decide for yourself to hold or sell ...
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
April 24, 2019, 01:22:04 AM
You wouldn't know it. It is important for yourself to decide when you are ready to stop HODL your coins. Are you ready to wait for a long time bullrun or you want to get a confident profit. In any other case, you will not be able to predict the time of sale of their coins as it is impossible and we can only support the trend of sale.
Activity: 448
April 23, 2019, 09:18:38 PM
Sometimes we just keep hodl and hodl our tokens yet it is not for the better in all times, because it is also recommended to just sell right away a low cost coin than to hodl it for nothing, i mean in the long run you could not earn profit by it to hodl. So its better to just sell it right away.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069
April 23, 2019, 09:12:38 PM
It should be part of any investment: exit plan. Yeah, everyone here is saying hodl, especially for bitcoin but that does not work all the time. I believe there is more profit when you know when to exit an investment. But that also requires knowledge and a lot of reading for the current status of the coin you are holding. Exiting a HODL is not just cutting losses but also maximizing profit.
Activity: 714
Merit: 14
April 23, 2019, 08:54:38 PM
Of course, it is very necessary to know when to sell to make profit. This is why every coin in possession must have a goal to serve as a guide for the investor. This goal price is achieved after the investor conducts an extensive research on the coin or project and ascertains its capabilities of surviving and rising on the market. Don't be too greedy.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
April 23, 2019, 08:48:32 PM

What are your thoughts?

I agree that all options should be on the table when investing, but it's much easier to just hold if you invest in projects with solid fundamentals. Sometimes a project will exhibit ethically questionable behaviors or teams, or weak finances, and it may be time to cut your losses. As a general rule, I believe holding works with the superior or better-ranked projects.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
April 23, 2019, 07:56:34 PM
we must be able to determine the purpose of the investment made, if the goal is for the long term then keep holding it is the right choice, but if our goal for the short term then stop holding the coin after making a profit, do not be affected by predictions and speculations, the investment you make in your hands, you must be able to determine when to hold and when to take advantage
Activity: 546
April 23, 2019, 07:48:50 PM

What are your thoughts?
I do hold at the same time doing a trade so that I can gain money and have profit it was the power of hold it was not easy for this time but it was worth it to hold to have a good profit and everyone is waiting for a bull market to come even if the market was start recovering.
Pages:
Jump to: