Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 26. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 08:59:52 AM
Thanks for sharing this experience, it was useful to read about the bad precedence you have faced. I think that it won't happen in the future if you are careful. i will do my best not to have such problems
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
July 18, 2018, 08:57:56 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I do not agree with KYC. I am avoiding bounties with KYC. I understand why some bounty requires KYC but in airdrop theres a need for KYC ? is this true ? No comment.
But it is really hard to entrust the information about who the real me is to people that I also do not know. Are they trusted ? Is our information safe because they may use it in some other way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
July 18, 2018, 07:10:51 AM
If airdrop also use the system KYC very reasonable according to me because it’s too excessive, if for the bounty is only natural because the need to security let to escape spam but if airdrop is very.
I am also just avoiding an AirDrops which would ask me to pass a kyc also I am trying to avoid bounties joining only the top of them which I can trust.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 18, 2018, 03:21:14 AM
Your observations is correct and timely,naturally KYC is meant for investors and not for bounty hunters,investors KYC is needed because of the funds they are investing especially if the money is above $1000 any amount less should not attract KYC.
Activity: 868
Merit: 150
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 18, 2018, 03:19:01 AM
Don't exchange your identity just for few bucks because you'll never know what will be the consequences behind it. Forget airdrops and focus on doing more profitable things, I know good things in life are free but airdrop is basically not free so leave it for good. Do it for your own good brothers.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 11:29:20 PM
If the usage of KYC for airdrops is for prevent the more than one account to join then i trust that. As you recognize there are many cheaters available and the use of more than one account to enroll in bounties and airdrops. For airdrops i assume it is no want to use KYC.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
July 17, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
NEVER DO KYC = KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER in any AIRDROP.
 you are at risk as many airdrops are just scams.
BEWARE OF THAT, never do it!!

i will do it in a big bounty just to get my payment.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2018, 10:49:12 AM
Many people do not like KYC, but it is a solution for crypto to be recognized by the world. Then KYC could be needed only in bounties to determine if you are a real person, so you can invest. But anybody can create shitcoin and an airdrop for it. So why should i give them my personal info. I prefer to stay anonymous in the net. So don't promote this trend. Just don't participate.

Activity: 185
July 16, 2018, 04:47:10 PM
That is a total wash, because the riskiness in submitting your means of identification is not a good idea for bounty campaign, not to talk of airdrops. I will not rather join an airdrop instead of submitting my documents to bunche of scammer.
Activity: 448
July 16, 2018, 04:39:23 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with identification. I didn't go through that long ago. sorry to control yourself, but this will not go away. if soon the governments of various countries officially allow cryptocurrency in all have to be identified for their accounts or any other.
Activity: 112
July 16, 2018, 09:08:12 AM
i also don't agree with requirement KYC for Airdrop or bounty task, in case that token already sold and listed on big exchange, has its value and airdrop value is great, it can consider to require KYC for these kind of airdrops.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
July 16, 2018, 06:25:58 AM
The KYC  procedure gives an imitation of Juridical confidence and security for potential ICO investors. As for the airdrops, I think - here it is just unnecessary, and may well scare off the participants.
Totally agree, I dont know why KYC is required for bounty and aidrop participants, maybe only because there are a lot of fraudsters who have many accounts and trying to get as much possible from bounties.
Activity: 217
July 16, 2018, 06:23:32 AM
I do not support that, most of the project is scam and I think a lot of people create projects to get personal information for their work.
Activity: 378
July 16, 2018, 06:23:13 AM
I do not believe that there is KYC for airdrops. The whole point of airdrops is that many people can easily get coins from a common pool through easy tasks. KYC is a difficult task for many, and not everyone agrees with it.
Activity: 226
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
July 16, 2018, 06:20:51 AM
Yes, it seems to me here we do not have a choice. There are many projects where you do not need documents, if you do not want to show them, just do not participate there and all
Activity: 539
July 16, 2018, 06:01:18 AM
I also think this action is not correct in the crypto community, but this has to be reconciled because there are so many scammers and we need to fight off
Activity: 42
July 16, 2018, 03:02:06 AM
KYC is required in light of the fact that a few nations have restricted their nationals to take an interest in ICO , without a doubt airdrops regularly are a piece of ICOs and I trust airdrops could undoubtedly be said in such laws also. Venture administration is capable of agreeing to these laws and the main legitimate method for doing it is KYC. On account of this KYC won't go anyplace, the inverse will happen - we will see it all the more regularly.

My recommendation don't take an interest in shady airdrops.
Activity: 225
July 15, 2018, 01:05:11 PM
It is bad for me as well since we are not yet sure on the airdrops legitimacy and they would required KYC for those participants. I would really doubt that move since if the airdrops motive is to steal our identities through making KYC a requirement for claiming airdrop rewards. So i would totally disagree on that. I would even choose doing KYC on bounty campaigns rather than those scammy airdrops.
Activity: 378
Merit: 114
July 15, 2018, 01:02:00 PM
The KYC  procedure gives an imitation of Juridical confidence and security for potential ICO investors. As for the airdrops, I think - here it is just unnecessary, and may well scare off the participants.
Activity: 84
July 15, 2018, 12:54:10 PM
yes, it should be there since many people join from multiple accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: