Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 54. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
The Operating System for DAOs
April 22, 2018, 05:03:51 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.
Fully agree with you, because it completely contradicts the main mission of cryptocurrency - anonymity.I am for such a move
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
April 22, 2018, 05:01:49 PM
I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
in fact, this is done to counter money laundering by the criminal way or to prevent the financing of criminal organizations. But providing personal data is relevant only for investors or traders. I can not understand why Bounty companies are forced to do it.
Activity: 322
April 22, 2018, 05:00:28 PM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

There are so many airdrop that needed kyc this is not appropriate because in the first place airdrop is a free token, and giving my identity to have this is  not the right thing to do because they can still your identity and we don't know if they can use it on a bad things.
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
April 22, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
Having KYC for an airdrop worth a few dollars is crazy to me. I’m sure people sign up for it too and it’s a dangerous thing in my opinion. Airdrops are so hit and miss as far as payouts are concerned. Some are even scams, and now they have a bunch of people’s data.

I understand it for large investments to avoid issues with money laundering and what not. For bounties and airdrops where you aren’t even a customer, it’s a shameful practice.
Activity: 280
April 22, 2018, 04:51:02 PM
I am against the KYC for members of the bounty campaigns. I think this is acceptable only for large investors. I believe that the use of KYC is at variance with the basic principles of crypto currencies.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 13, 2018, 05:58:11 PM
This is really annoying to say the least, its not ideal to ask people for their identity documents just so you can give them a few tokens. Some airdrops are not even worth $20.

So I don't know why some projects do this, although most of them are just looking for cheap popularity and do not inform participants before hand, its after they have earned the tokens that they are informed they need to do a KYC.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
April 13, 2018, 05:36:42 PM
I don't think it a good idea to share your personal data just to receive an airdrop. Most of airdrops are scam, so I wouldn't even them any information. Of course there're some exclusions where you pass KYC for participation in ICOs and they can hold an airdrop instead of a public sale. So in this case it can be reasonable to pass KYC to get some tokens.

Exactly, why would you share your personal information for a just a penny? That's why I don't joined airdrops lately, because of this reasons. I really don't understand what they are going to do with your data though?

Yeah, for ICO I think its reasonable specially for bounties that pay higher or good amount of tokens and the project looks pretty solid and legit. But for airdrops? I'm don't understand why they would require such a thing.
Activity: 658
April 13, 2018, 05:05:45 PM
Airdrop is just a small amount of free coin for each individual. Why do people need kyc documents? When you join the facebook campaign some personal information is there then kyc needed? This is really quit unexplained and we do not know if they really hold our personal documents confidentiality. If it does not change, hoping there is evidence to sign that our personal data will not be provided to partners or other ICO projects.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
April 13, 2018, 04:49:53 PM
I totally agree with you, if i was in your place, i would never send them my papers, it's risky to send your id or passport to a unknown entity or orgatisationg for some free tokens! I can't feel safe when i do that tbh!
Well, tbh there's a lot of trusted icos that i might drop them my id for sure, but that's the last thing i would do to earn cryptocurrency's.
Activity: 70
April 13, 2018, 04:29:10 PM
Governments don’t like the very idea of decentralization, so they create various regulations in order to be able to take control of crypto. As a result ICOs have to ask people pass KYC.
Activity: 196
April 13, 2018, 03:45:56 PM
I don't think it a good idea to share your personal data just to receive an airdrop. Most of airdrops are scam, so I wouldn't even them any information. Of course there're some exclusions where you pass KYC for participation in ICOs and they can hold an airdrop instead of a public sale. So in this case it can be reasonable to pass KYC to get some tokens.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
April 13, 2018, 03:45:46 PM
If you use SCC for airdrops. This is an explicit collection of information for the formation of a database. Be bypassed.
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
April 13, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

Only dumb persons would able to believe and do comply these things just for the sake of airdrops.I cant even imagine that it would really need to go this far.Even KYC for bounty hunters i am really opposing into that thing how much more on airdrops which the amount of tokens is just really little to consider and why would they need to do KYC? It is already a shady act for them to do. Better avoid these things.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
April 13, 2018, 03:39:12 PM
The KYC procedure is a very wrong and not fair procedure? Why is it even needed to receive airdrops, it seems to me that the world is going crazy, and at the same time trying to drive us crazy. Fun certainly, but scary.
Activity: 308
April 13, 2018, 03:33:08 PM
if you not like kyc then stay away, very simple

most decent exchanges require kyc if you want to deal in decent amounts

blockchains and the info held are generally open and visible by nature unless your dealing fully with otc deals and totally private coins, vps, your own server, etc etc then you are probably on a .gov database somewhere as a probable crypto currency holder

pay your taxes and encourage the growth of crypto

You can stay away when you have been given a choice, having been informed that a KYC will be required BEFORE you close a deal. If you suddenly come up with a KYC request AFTER that a deal has been closed, at it now has started to happen with some bounty campaigns, then the imposition of a KYC is a total abuse.
I agree with you. When they give me a choice, it's fair, but when they do not give me a choice, it's like a deception. Bounty hunters do not invest any money in projects, so the talk about money laundering is inappropriate here.
Activity: 284
Merit: 112
April 13, 2018, 08:39:53 AM
if you not like kyc then stay away, very simple

most decent exchanges require kyc if you want to deal in decent amounts

blockchains and the info held are generally open and visible by nature unless your dealing fully with otc deals and totally private coins, vps, your own server, etc etc then you are probably on a .gov database somewhere as a probable crypto currency holder

pay your taxes and encourage the growth of crypto

You can stay away when you have been given a choice, having been informed that a KYC will be required BEFORE you close a deal. If you suddenly come up with a KYC request AFTER that a deal has been closed, at it now has started to happen with some bounty campaigns, then the imposition of a KYC is a total abuse.
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
April 11, 2018, 09:54:20 PM
I'm sure that the airdrops that require KYC are the part of the big ICO. At this recent, many ICOs require KYC document for the investors and bounty hunters to avoid any scams and others. Actually, it has positive and negative sides to consider. Positively, they ensure to know their consumers and avoid the scammers. But on the other hand, we also feel worried about the only airdrop tokens and we should offer our ID to strange people. Just so if we only need to fill the KYC, if you are sure, just do it and receive your reward. But if you're not sure, just leave it to other airdrop programs.
Xmm
Activity: 440
April 11, 2018, 08:05:35 PM
It seems to me that in the future it will be everywhere, although I do not agree that it is obligatory for bounty and airdrop participants, because they do not buy or sell coins. This must necessarily be discussed and corrected!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 532
April 11, 2018, 07:58:47 PM
Yeh youre right it not really appropriate because people will never be interested on this.This is also a reason that the participants will reduces automatiacally.
I think the main reason they are implementing these steps is to avoid abuse, as people will be joining with their alts and in order to counter those issues they might reach the decision to do these, you have the choice on not to participate on those airdrops if you think they are crossing the limit and sure it will keep people away because you never know what will happen if you are sharing your identity for these things.
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
April 11, 2018, 03:09:54 PM
KYC is simply means Know Your Customer and the KYC process is main for investors, but never the less,  KYC is a simple process and to show your citizenship identity.
Pages:
Jump to: