Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC for Airdrops: A bad precedence - page 55. (Read 198064 times)

Activity: 132
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 02:50:20 PM
Being known that most of the airdrops are scams  its a bad move. I do not do kyc for airdrop. I do it only if i take the airdrop form from the official site of the ico and if its a known ico
Activity: 672
Merit: 140
April 11, 2018, 02:46:30 PM
KYC for ICO investors - ok
KYC for Bounty hunters - might be, depends on reward and project
KYC for Airdrops - never ever.
Sell your identity for maximum 10$. If even this token will be listed somewhere..
Just forget it°!
Activity: 335
Merit: 101
April 11, 2018, 02:45:46 PM
If you have to do KYC for the airdrop it's not good in my opinion. If you wanted to participate in ICO and did KYC for that and then it came to cancel public ICO and to do airdrop for the people who made KYC then it's ok. But to do KYC for the airdrop is bad and will involve a lot of scamers.
Activity: 84
April 11, 2018, 02:42:00 PM
Japan and other technically developed countries now demand kyc from the investors and traders, I think in the nearest future this will be also applicable for airdroppers 
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
April 11, 2018, 02:38:35 PM
KYC for airdrop of course it's very interesting, on the one hand it's even very funny, because I'm wondering about what these people think at all? I think that they do not think about anything, because it seems to me that people who have made such a decision are afraid to breathe fresh air.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 11, 2018, 02:36:24 PM
Companies will not care about you, if you say no. There will be others who will not mind.
At the same time, laws are being passed on the disclosure of the identity of the purse holder and others
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
April 11, 2018, 02:32:34 PM
The horrible thing are the the people who have handed over their IDs to get some peanuts or dust airdropped. They are even more guilty than the airdroppers.
Yes, I also can not understand people who do KYC for some peanuts.
I mean: KYC in general is a good thing, but for 5 USD airdrop?!?!
Activity: 284
Merit: 112
April 10, 2018, 08:27:23 PM
The horrible thing are the the people who have handed over their IDs to get some peanuts or dust airdropped. They are even more guilty than the airdroppers.
Activity: 364
April 07, 2018, 02:59:15 AM
it's really fun getting a token of coins from airdrop but I've also gotten the same experience when following airdrop we were asked to hand over KYC which I finally pulled back from the airdrop because I think it's too much what they ask
Activity: 476
April 07, 2018, 02:55:56 AM
Airdrops are most of the times not worth the hype, i dont see a reason as to why an airdrop would want to know your details yet most of them end up being valueless
Activity: 264
April 07, 2018, 02:48:42 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I thinks, KYC in airdrops is not an appropriate because its only a free token or coin,so why should they need to submitt our own information,and by this means of rule requirments maybe its our identity will become not anonymous and transparent,and the most vigorous of this it will make treaten our life and investment  soon,because more people knows about your personality,more  people scammers or phishing site's will hacking your personality account.
Yeh youre right it not really appropriate because people will never be interested on this.This is also a reason that the participants will reduces automatiacally.
Activity: 336
April 07, 2018, 02:47:30 AM
I totally agree with you, I really do not like the idea of giving my details just to get a few cents, how do I get assurance that my details will be safe and will not be used for fraud. I refuse to fill the kyc requirements on any airborne verification kyc applicable to the participants. after all, why should I give my personal data to people I do not know who his name knows where he came from.
Activity: 140
April 07, 2018, 02:40:29 AM
Yes, KYC for Airdrops is definitely a bad priority ,and I guess the majority of are just collecting your information.
ask
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004
April 07, 2018, 02:36:03 AM
If we accept that 60% of ICO portfolio as scammers than all our identity going to be held by those scammers due bounty KYC procedure.
I am not supporting KYC required bounties. But also if there is a more secure way to prove that we are not from restricted countries than yes i  can accept that one.
For example blockchain based KYC systems would be great such as thekey.
Activity: 504
umachit.fund
April 07, 2018, 02:33:40 AM
People are do a lot of fraud with crypto currencies. KYC isn't a solution absolutely. More advanced technology is needed.
Activity: 476
April 07, 2018, 02:32:52 AM
I have recently seen where bounty hunters were asked to present identifying documents.  Am really against kyc because one of the reasons I joined crypto was the anonymity which it provides. But sadly that's gently creeping away.

Now this KYC has come into airdrops. Imagine am to submit my ID to some I don't know which planet he or she or they are from for some pennies worth tokens. 

It's terrible and this is a bad precedence these people are setting.

If as a community we do not say no to this,  then it would become the norm.

I am also surprised by the demand of most of the bounty project asking hunters for KYC. A bounty hunter has no business buying tokens rather he is only promoting the tokens for a fee what is the rationale asking him to  do KYC  when his not part of crowd buying of the tokens.
Activity: 162
April 07, 2018, 02:29:04 AM
Most of us doesn't want to subject with KYC procedure of some airdrops and bounties, but sometimes there are good projects that are worth submitting with. I think we just have to read the project and the websites for us to made the decision if we are going to participate or not. Besides we wont be able to earn our stakes and rewards of that is really mandated by the project itself.

campaign participants also include owning share rights in a project, if the rules require it, I have no problem with it, but if it is only for airdrops, it seems unfair because the percentage is too small, so the obligation should be KYC only for big holders only. Many people do not like KYC, but it is a solution for crypto to be recognized by the world.
Activity: 248
Merit: 11
April 07, 2018, 02:28:04 AM
I am sure that the collection of confidential information in airdrops will not lead to anything good. It's counter-productive, getting a few coins for a fee with your data. If I meet such a condition, then I simply do not return to this project any more.
Activity: 406
Merit: 13
April 07, 2018, 02:18:48 AM
Most of us doesn't want to subject with KYC procedure of some airdrops and bounties, but sometimes there are good projects that are worth submitting with. I think we just have to read the project and the websites for us to made the decision if we are going to participate or not. Besides we wont be able to earn our stakes and rewards of that is really mandated by the project itself.
Activity: 336
April 07, 2018, 02:09:49 AM
I will never take part in such projects, it is immediately clear that scammers who will later use your personal data for their own purposes.
Pages:
Jump to: