Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 16. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 106
April 14, 2018, 12:11:54 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I'm very thankful to this thread because my perception on submiting KYC is a legal, and now i read some comment that before we submit our personal information we need to be careful and know if the project was worth to invest.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
April 13, 2018, 11:54:12 PM
Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.
you get what the point is mate,were here and leave the banks because of anonymity and if someones asking for identification (as in legitimate identification such as government issued or passport)which we may easily prone to any criminal activities such as scamming or the worst is identity theft.i really dont know why this KYCs been required by someone and most of all shit projects
Activity: 645
Merit: 250
April 13, 2018, 11:50:28 PM
yes i have sent my kyc to coin coin its a scam i hope my identity is not misused

Let's hope not but that's a bad sign that the project was a scam.  Even if it wasn't, you were already at risk.  If your identity was being used for illegal activities, it could affect your freedom, employment and immigration status depending where you are or planning to go to.  The risk is definitely not worth whatever gain a cryptocurrency can give you.  
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
April 13, 2018, 11:47:05 PM
I did KYC last January and I know the consequence of putting my identity and personal information on the internet. Even some bounties requires KYC before they can release your bounty. Really against the purpose of anonymity of btc users.
Activity: 645
Merit: 250
April 13, 2018, 11:46:10 PM
If you passed KYC several times, i think, my and yours documents have long been traded in darknet.
It’s too late to do something.

That is horrible if it is on the darknet.  That's the main reason I refuse to participate in ICO's that require them.  I'll just wait and buy the tokens on an exchange if I really like the project.  I don't want to be arrested at the airport by officials saying I have committed some crime.
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
April 13, 2018, 11:44:24 PM
yes i have sent my kyc to coin coin its a scam i hope my identity is not misused
Activity: 392
February 23, 2018, 08:34:56 PM
If you passed KYC several times, i think, my and yours documents have long been traded in darknet.
It’s too late to do something.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
February 23, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
KYC regulations vary from region to region, country to country. Before submitting any KY requirements just see to it that the ICO are complying the the regulations serve by their country not just making any KYC requirements by themselves and not in accordance with the law and that act will be seem suspicious and scam.
Things are never so simple the devs may say that they are getting that info just in case the country where the ico is based change their laws and make icos gather that information, so they may try to make it look as if this is a preventive measure just in case that happens, this is why I'm against sending my documents to any ico, if they want my money then they need to follow my rules.
Activity: 448
Merit: 37
February 23, 2018, 07:17:25 PM
Yes , I think this is a real problem we facing everyday . Everyone knows how many scam ICO's nowadays and how popular KYC become . Who can feel safe now , letting everyone shitty ICO know our personal data ? What will they do with it ? I think no one can feel safe in this situation
Activity: 406
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
February 23, 2018, 07:10:16 PM
I'm worry about  the KYC system i don't want a centralized government, i'm a Liberalism and consider that some ICO needs KYC rule i won't reveal my identity tho i will use other identification to make a transaction so i won't be a victim of those hackers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 07:01:50 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

This is a very strange situation since the cryptocurrency became popular because of anonymity and now it is need identify. Some nonsense
Activity: 125
February 23, 2018, 06:55:58 PM
I'm worried about this because I've submitted my documents about 2 to 3 times to participate on ICO and bounty campaigns few weeks ago. I've KYC'd because it was required on a certain bounty here in the forum and ended up not able to participate because they've already closed the form when I'm going to sign up. I'm not going to fill up any projects with KYC ever again.
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
February 23, 2018, 06:45:35 PM
Yes it's important for all investors and hunters to know who they are sending their Identity to. Apart from that many ico's now use KYC as an excuse of not disturbing participats funds to them in the name of may be their KYC was not well filled or submitted on time. Anyway am not against KYC because sometimes it's for the safety of investors funds just that am speaking from experience many ico campaigns now use it in negative way which is a big disadvantage to many bounty hunters.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
umachit.fund
February 23, 2018, 10:41:11 AM
I'm not picky on this. I sent KYC many times. This isn't intelligently. I guess i should be more careful.

Activity: 154
Merit: 5
February 23, 2018, 10:36:02 AM

I do understand your scepticism but could you please also present your evidence? It’s always easy to state that you have seen or heard something without proof. If you could give us a concrete example other users could avoid being scammed.

I am not saying KYC is always safe but it definitely is not automatically a scam since there are sound legal reasons for conducting KYC.
Activity: 322
February 23, 2018, 10:32:09 AM
Yes, there is such a problem. But, if the project is good and it can bring a big profit, then there is nothing to do, you need to send your documents. It's a personal matter for everyone to take risks or not. Like investing in general.
Activity: 25
February 23, 2018, 09:50:21 AM
How do you recognize a fake demand of KYC?
Activity: 291
Merit: 15
February 23, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  
I saw topic in marketplace, someone was offering kyc for various ico's but I can't find it right now, it was probably trashed. The thing is, you can never know to whom you are giving your information, project can be great and everything but that just doesn't mean they won't sell your information. What if someone hack them and hacker get all data? Investors should avoid such projects.
Activity: 476
www.daxico.com
February 23, 2018, 08:57:05 AM
KYC is one way of proving that you are a legit investor but the OP has also his point that your authentic docs sent as requirement in KYC might be use for criminals purposes or a way of stealing your identity.

But that's not a problem if the ICO where you participated is proven to be legit and very trustworthy.
copper member
Activity: 224
February 23, 2018, 08:32:44 AM
There`re too many scammers out there. Be careful guys! Don`t invest in the projects you don`t belive in
Pages:
Jump to: