Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 17. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 08:21:10 AM
I don't care about my KYC details because I am a law-abiding person and don't have something to be hidden. Moreover, I know, that a big part of documents has already downloaded in the Internet . But I am a bit lazy to collect all the documents and pass KYC. This sets me off.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
February 23, 2018, 08:05:05 AM
This is also my concern, because it is becoming very disturbing t me, that some ICOs that I never subscribe to are now inviting me to partake in their ICO, my major concernis that this people are sellng our data to their clicks and now just thinking to stop getting into such ICOs demanding my personal information
Activity: 938
Merit: 251
February 23, 2018, 07:39:41 AM
It amazes me how people just deliver their personal information to a random person claiming some sort of authority and requesting fir your life-long identity thst you have worked for. No matter the incentive in doing this, never give your identity and personal information to anyone on the internet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
February 23, 2018, 07:38:41 AM
Yes, specially newbies should be aware of the scam. Never upload your identity unless you are sure about the ICO authenticity.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

many people are doubting KYC because one's concern about KYC abuse is now evident. and I think KYC should be eliminated in order to avoid misuse and harming the user. so we have to be careful with the KYC.
Activity: 812
Merit: 106
February 23, 2018, 07:36:21 AM
Well, no one and does not force you to specify your passport, you may downloaded from the Internet someone else's passport there their a lot.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 07:27:36 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

On the one hand, really passing KYC is alarming and repellent, but at the moment, to invest in the project, or to get free coins in airdrop, sometimes you need KYC, how to distinguish scammers Huh
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
February 23, 2018, 07:18:28 AM
I'll definitely not going to participate to this kind of ico or bounty campaign, even if it is profitable for participants and investors, you are right it's not worth it it's like selling your identity online, your identity is not worth any profit from all this ico and bounty.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
February 23, 2018, 07:11:33 AM
Often, not even the developers of the project are to blame for the theft of personal data. Their databases can be hacked, they may not have an honest employee, etc. Everything is dangerous in this world. Perhaps somebody will create some sort of shared database once. You upload your documents there and you will simply give a link or confirmation key from the main database to take part in ICO.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
February 23, 2018, 05:10:21 AM
KYC regulations vary from region to region, country to country. Before submitting any KY requirements just see to it that the ICO are complying the the regulations serve by their country not just making any KYC requirements by themselves and not in accordance with the law and that act will be seem suspicious and scam.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
February 23, 2018, 02:52:56 AM
Be careful while giving you personal informations in this crypto world, I mean i want to be anonymous that is why i am using crypto so i never join a project that needs KYC to get me in.
And how will you act if KYC will demand that you pass as a member of the generosity campaign after the ICO is completed? Will you provide the required personal information and a copy of your passport, or another document that certifies your identity, or refuse to provide it, and thus refuse earned tokens?
Activity: 128
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 02:10:56 AM

You have a point regarding this matter. It is really true that the possibility the involvement of scam in KYC. Maybe people may victim of identity fraud through KCY. To avoid scam make it sure that the ICO you've join is legit and ensure that the document you will give is used only for validation of your identification in the ICO you'll joined and follow only the instruction given by the ICO through telegram. Addition always reach the technical personnel or admin of ICO for more updates.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
February 23, 2018, 02:07:49 AM
Recent 3 ICO's where asking KYC process Gladius , INS token , Modultrade what you think about these ICO's are they going to scam with our data otherwise is these ICO's are legit . As Far these ICO's looks quite promising . Lots of people invested on that .
Activity: 224
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
February 23, 2018, 02:06:16 AM

Thanks for the warning. But I already realized this for a long time. KYC is a big dilemma. They pretend to need KYC to avoid fake registrant. But it's a big mistake for us if we share our personal identification with stranger people or organization.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1002
February 23, 2018, 01:57:45 AM
This is not surprising to see this kind of scam coming.

Easy way : you create a token, and you airdrop it. An airdrop shouldn't need KYC, but whatever, some people will fall in the trap. The community is large enough to get hundreds of IDs by this way. Anyway you distribute your airdrop, and you sell these id on the darknet. That's done. People are happy as they got their token and they don't even know their IDs have been stolen.

I think there should be a pinned thread on the altcoin section to inform newcommers about this kind of scam
Activity: 401
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
February 23, 2018, 01:48:29 AM
Thanks for this wonderful information. I wonder why so much KYC nowadays they will be asking you to do it before you can receive what you have paid for that's ridiculous. In short one have to be very careful
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
February 23, 2018, 01:44:28 AM
Be careful while giving you personal informations in this crypto world, I mean i want to be anonymous that is why i am using crypto so i never join a project that needs KYC to get me in.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
February 23, 2018, 01:42:52 AM
Now ICO campaigns actually use KYC for fraud, demanding to pass the KYC test in the campaigners of generosity, in particular, those who participate in signature campaigns in this forum. Fraud primarily consists in the fact that such campaigns do not warn that they will require identification data and copies of passports before joining the signature campaign so that people have the right to choose. I think that in this case few would dare to join such a campaign. They begin to demand that such verification be done for something in the signatories after the completion of the ICO. This is meaningless doubly because the signatory campaign participants do not invest their money in the ICO. Therefore, there is no sense in requiring additional data and copies of passports. This is done almost for the purpose of non-payment of earned tokens. This behavior is completely fraught with signs of fraud.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
February 23, 2018, 01:18:37 AM
The issue is not even that some unscrupulous ICO companies will be able to use your personal data and copies of requested documents in the conduct of KYC, but that, firstly, it is completely meaningless for the generosity campaign participants who do not invest in ICO, KYC is to filter out money obtained illegally. Secondly, ICO campaigns force you to pass the KYC test just when the ICO campaign has already ended and you need to pay counted and earned tokens. In order not to pay to some people who do not want to provide their identification data and copies of their passports, their tokens, this senseless KYC is already being conducted so that some people do not apply for the earned tons, the campaign simply leaves them to themselves. This is not fair in any case, since the KYC participants in the generosity campaign should be warned before joining the ICO campaign, and not after it, so that everyone has the choice to participate in such a campaign, or not. I consider this behavior of the ICO team as usual fraud. Now at the end of the ICO such data and copies of documents began to demand the company HOQU, I consider this company scammers.
Activity: 252
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 22, 2018, 11:17:40 PM
Yes, I am very worried about this problem, our KYC information would be abused, and most of the ICO project is fraud, it makes me feel worried, so I won't participate in any of the ICO project.
Pages:
Jump to: