Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 18. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 100
February 22, 2018, 11:17:27 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Good post! This should be useful for those who think they can just signup on airdrops/ICOs with KYC without repercussions. I never submitted such as of this moment but will do my due diligence to spot legitimate projects that wouldn't do such. 
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
February 22, 2018, 11:13:52 PM
Good looking out. This is why I think Selfkey will be huge. Their project is centered around identify protection and making the KYC process easier and safer. Obviously DYOR but I'd recommend checking it out. Government regulations are only going to increase as crypto gets bigger and that'll mean having to do more of the KYC process for everyone that participates in crypto trading.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
December 28, 2017, 11:36:07 PM
Can someone explain what these cyber criminals gain by obtaining pictures/numbers/details of your passport or driver's license? Let's say they live in America and they got passport details of an someone living in Asia. I can't imagine how they would use that to hurt the Asian without it being an obvious fake/scam? Unless they use it to scam someone dense and unaware I don't see how it would pass basic security checks.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 11:02:32 PM
The KYC verification is really unreasonable and needs to be verified by a statistical KYC verification mechanism, and then all the ICO projects need access to this KYC verification mechanism, otherwise the information will be leaked too much.
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
December 28, 2017, 10:54:25 PM
KYC is against the whole cryptocurrency philosophy. Try to avoid it by using as little fiat and centralized exchanges as possible and only with temporary wallets.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
December 28, 2017, 10:32:33 PM
Many tokens require you to submit Kyc, which is a means of verification, but some ICO projects sell our personal information, which requires further regulation
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
December 28, 2017, 10:15:17 PM
I thought for all this time it was profit but it's opposite. There are some person that exploit this thing. Hope kyc will sooner looking for the solution for us.
Activity: 294
Merit: 113
December 28, 2017, 08:35:51 PM
A good reminder for all the people who are giving their private information to completely new "companies". Be careful guys.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem
December 28, 2017, 08:34:15 PM
Oh wow I didn't even consider that side of the coin...I mean I always just assumed they would be doing it for my benefit. But yeah the hackers and scammers would run my name through the mud, thanks for waking me up to this OP! God damn gotta stop being so naive and trusting the world.  Undecided Angry
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
December 28, 2017, 08:27:06 PM
LOL

yes Indian exchange users fell to this scam just recently, and coinbases too, when organized criminals stole the ID's from their customers big time

The only ID one should need is a private key and decentralized exchanges will make that possible  Smiley
Activity: 1055
Merit: 103
www.Artemis.co
December 28, 2017, 08:22:47 PM
Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
December 28, 2017, 08:11:03 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Pages:
Jump to: