Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 2. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 41
October 31, 2018, 05:25:12 PM
This is a great advice because any thing that require you sensitive documents also need to be double checked before going into it the fact still remains that the KYC method is a very good development but the fact still remains that scammers always take advantage of any opportunity to cheat people and at that any information they can lay their hand on can be use by them.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 31, 2018, 05:23:19 PM
The issue of abuse of this KYC is really given me a big concern, because now it is increasingly becoming difficult to trust these ICOs with one information, since the craze about KYC started there has been several attack on my accounts and alot of phishing email which I received, this just make me come to conclusion that some if not all these ICOs sell our KYC information
Activity: 95
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 05:17:13 PM
I prefer to use purchased passports. I will not risk sending my data. This, of course, is bad, but the people themselves are to blame for the fact that their documents fell to the sellers of the documents. That is life.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
October 31, 2018, 04:57:16 PM
People in pursuit of money and now few people are interested in what will happen to their data if they pass the KYC. Many participants in the bounty of the companies of course it's not immaterial, but still there are people whom it makes no difference.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 04:43:20 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

I do not understand why projects do not use third-party solutions for KYC? for example Civic. I have great confidence in professional solutions for storage and processing of my personal data;
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
October 31, 2018, 03:50:47 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

If you are an investor there is no way to buy some coins during ICO without KYC (at least I haven't heard of such projects).
Another issue is when KYC is required for an airdrop or a bounty - and in this way I would rather avoid giving my personal details to get those free tokens worth almost nothing.
Activity: 644
October 31, 2018, 03:25:19 PM
Of course, we will think before we submit our personal data. Many projects now provide KYC for bounty hunter participants. And of course, this also increases our awareness of fraud projects. You should not be easily tempted to provide information about your personal data. You should be able to check it again.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
October 31, 2018, 03:11:54 PM
kyc should finally disappear from the crypto area. most people do not want kyc, because you can never be sure what will happen to your own data. nobody will get my data for a kyc verification.
Activity: 625
Merit: 100
October 31, 2018, 03:04:20 PM
Developers often do not go through the KYC procedure. Why should we. For them it is more important. Since they will receive more investment in the project. In any case, it is not a secret to anyone that the data is bought and sold. Why put yourself at risk.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
October 31, 2018, 03:03:45 PM
Month ago i am fill KYC in one project and they say me what i am fail with any explanation, and more they dont give me the second attemp.
This was real kyc scam, project name starts from "V" verasity how i remember
Activity: 434
October 31, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

so many scams have appeared lately and i do  ot khow what to do with all of them as it is so hard for me to distinguish them
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
October 31, 2018, 02:59:41 PM

You need to be very careful when choosing a project where KYC is required. Especially if you are involved in bounty or in airdrops, it can be very dangerous.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
https://karatcoin.co
October 31, 2018, 02:42:24 PM

I don't think there is a way to avoid this in crypto world.
You find a bounty, making months of signature campaign and at the end they decide to ask a kyc check out of nowhere. If you see at start you would avoid that but because it is at the end, you can't let your months work go to garbage and so you are doing it. And you don't sure they are not going to use it for bad reasons or not.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
October 31, 2018, 02:37:21 PM
Even Fantom ICO which is hyped at the moment has a leak in KYC data, hackers  stole KYC data of more than 70 k participants!
It was due to http connection and low protection.
Of course, KYC data leakage will occur even when ICO projects and their teams are normal, with no signs of fraud. After all, they are not at all interested in keeping our confidential data. For them, this data is generally useless.
As long as the activities of the ICO will not be regulated by the state, there will be no order in it.
In addition, the KYC check is generally illegal for bounty hunters, since we are not investors in ICO projects.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
October 31, 2018, 02:13:20 PM
Here are some important points. First, scams usually are not organized to steal your documents (lol, there are enough documents in the dark corners of the Internet, yours are not needed by anyone), but just to get money. KYC is just a cover. Secondly, this is often a requirement of a bounty manager, rather than a project team.

Activity: 378
October 31, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
  My desire is that there is not was third party in the exchange of tokens. Enough blockchain technology and EVERYTHING! This step was taken to eliminate intermediaries and transparency of transactions.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 02:00:33 PM
I do not participate in such companies and I do not advise you because I think that they should somehow be regulated otherwise it all just looks like a dummy
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
October 31, 2018, 02:00:20 PM
yes I am sometimes anxious and think that the coin asking for KYC is fraud. because it's very difficult to distinguish real coins and scams. my advice remains cautious and do not immediately provide your personal data. learn more about the coin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
www.codex.one
October 31, 2018, 01:49:43 PM
I think everyone understands that sending your documents to unknown people can be very dangerous. Instead of sending documents to everyone in a row, why not create one trusted co-operation intermediary who will provide such services for all ICOs? In this case, all documents will be held by one company and if they will be stolen by someone, then this company can be punished by law and their victims will be able to get compensation from them.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 420
www.Artemis.co
October 31, 2018, 01:34:04 PM
It’s very scary when someone’s identity will be used by criminals, but everyone must be vigilant about their identities and never trust anyone. Most ICO’s and exchanges now requires KYC as part of regulation however we don’t know how secure the gathered data’s will be taken care of. That’s why decentralised platforms should be pushed more, its better to be independent of our actions than handling our identity to someone whom we don’t know well.
Pages:
Jump to: