Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 4. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1
October 27, 2018, 01:28:58 PM
That is quite scary, I have been very keen on not sharing my personal and private information in the web for that very same reasons. Many people might used those information I send with in illegal stuffs. I have been against kyc and I try to stay away from campaigns that requires kyc no matter how promising it might seem.
However, ICO teams cheat ICO generosity campaigners and force them to undergo a previously unspecified KYC test after the ICO deadline has expired, so as not to pay off part of the bounty hunters token due to them. In this case, since the tokens are already distributed, the tokens of those bounty hunters who for various reasons could not or did not want to pass the KYC check are then simply assigned by the ICO team or even the bounty manager if he is given the right to distribute the tokens.

In the long run dishonesty will not pay and such projects will go down the river eventually. Teams that try to take advantage by such, will loose at some point, at least if they don't dump their own coins immediately.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 27, 2018, 11:52:17 AM
If you are a smart person and you notice that today, many people still have the impression that the KYC process makes investing not only not safe but also an obstacle, you will understand that this process is not needed at all.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Decentralized Digital Billboards
October 26, 2018, 05:50:08 PM
Verification is special deception of participants. Only bad projects are engaged in such activity. Normal projects works without verification.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
October 26, 2018, 04:54:45 PM
That is quite scary, I have been very keen on not sharing my personal and private information in the web for that very same reasons. Many people might used those information I send with in illegal stuffs. I have been against kyc and I try to stay away from campaigns that requires kyc no matter how promising it might seem.
However, ICO teams cheat ICO generosity campaigners and force them to undergo a previously unspecified KYC test after the ICO deadline has expired, so as not to pay off part of the bounty hunters token due to them. In this case, since the tokens are already distributed, the tokens of those bounty hunters who for various reasons could not or did not want to pass the KYC check are then simply assigned by the ICO team or even the bounty manager if he is given the right to distribute the tokens.
Activity: 286
October 26, 2018, 04:35:55 PM
I have heard something about this from my friends but i don't know much. Thanks for sharing useful information. I think that we should be careful and not join unreliable projects
Joining unreliable projects does not have any profit in it. They are not going get KYC documents while scamming others.
Activity: 294
October 26, 2018, 04:32:38 PM
I have heard something about this from my friends but i don't know much. Thanks for sharing useful information. I think that we should be careful and not join unreliable projects
Activity: 64
October 26, 2018, 04:25:38 PM
i often give my KYC's id to many airdrop and bounties. but, i never get any issue at all
that's why i still believe on them, never worry about it Wink

I have given a lot of KYC information as well, and at some point I realized the information could be misused  Shocked Shocked

Thanks to you sharing your exp I can sleap again  Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
September 28, 2018, 08:56:33 PM
i often give my KYC's id to many airdrop and bounties. but, i never get any issue at all
that's why i still believe on them, never worry about it Wink
Activity: 179
September 28, 2018, 08:52:18 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Agree and almost all the time I afraid to do the KYC verification but I don't have any choice just to earn and pays my effort during bounty campaign. We just ensure that we can depend ourself for any fraud activities most especially if that happen in other countries.
Activity: 247
September 28, 2018, 08:52:07 PM
Activity: 219
September 28, 2018, 08:50:40 PM
be careful when using KYC, because now there are so many projects that cheat, don't let KYC be misused by irresponsible people ... this strategy needs to be watched because this is the biggest year of a scam where there are lots of irresponsible project projects
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
September 28, 2018, 08:48:25 PM
Even if they are not scam, we have seen some ICOs that hacked their KYC database. Not safe times for small investors.
Activity: 406
September 28, 2018, 08:37:34 PM
KYC is not a prerequisite for success or image of good ICO. I have noticed that good ICO seem to take life by itself and become succesful because of sme factor that contribute to it's success. If an IICO project is needed and there is clear plan for  growth and development, such ICO will do well regardless!
I support you. Many ICO doing a KYC for residents of certain countries, or on the contrary, relieve the need doing KYC residents of a particular country. Such insurance against litigation with local law.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
September 28, 2018, 01:22:35 AM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

i agree and in addiotion, not just because an ico company is asking for kyc does not really mean that they are not scam. Because sometimes there are people that view all ico's that asking kyc's legit. It is really scary to give your personal information because they can use that on illegal things. Be careful people, make sure you do your research before submitting any kyc to any company out there.
Activity: 604
Merit: 252
September 28, 2018, 01:16:59 AM
This is a fact! There are people and where there are people, you can believe and distrust what you want! Of course, some projects will take advantage of this need for KYC before justice and governments to negotiate their personal data, it's a very lucrative market for Underworld! I only performed KYC in 4 exchanges until today!
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.
September 28, 2018, 12:53:32 AM
Yes this kind of matter is seriously annoying. As we know we're in the decentralized market (before) therefore I don't think sending stuff is a great idea, although it's a must for most ICO nowadays. We all wants privacy, anonymity, and secrecy.

Since this market is more or less regulated nowadays, I guess sending your information as a kyc to a project is something you have to risk. If you don't do it, you can't invest.
I think before you invest you should learn about the project's credibility and their transparency.
Activity: 546
September 28, 2018, 12:44:37 AM
We should be careful with projects that require KYC, especially with new companies, why? Because cryptocurrency is anonymous, we do not need to provide our information to them, which is also the reason why cryptocurrency appears.
Activity: 215
September 28, 2018, 12:19:29 AM
and now there are also many ico projects that need kyc to complete the requirements if you want to use coins or tokens from ico, but you should be more careful in kyc, check more carefully about projects that require the kyc, if indeed the project is not convincing it's better not to do kyc because of the risk later if the personal data information will be misused.
but actually the aim of Kyc is good, that is to control and monitor for what the coin is used for, and so it is not used for negative things.
Activity: 773
September 28, 2018, 12:07:03 AM
In the future, without passing kyc, we will not be able to participate in projects. And if you want to be part of the crypto-currency world, then we have to send your documents to confirm the identity. And there is already on whom you will get, an excellent project or scammers.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
September 28, 2018, 12:00:58 AM
Yes you must be very careful

Too many bad actors out there to provide your personal identification documents to just any project and it should only be required for investments over a certain amount not for something as insignificant as an airdrop

Find out as much as you can about the project to verify that it is legitimate before submitting anything

you are right,
indeed we have to find out more about the project before giving our identity. sometimes some of the projects are not clear, to be careful we should first trace the project.

if it's not so important you should avoid things like KYC filling.
Pages:
Jump to: