Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 3. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1
October 31, 2018, 01:29:38 PM
oh my God it really sad! i never heard this before nut thanks for your information it is really important that we all should safe from any other activity which is harmfull for our future i hope all will come to know now and protect themselves. Thanks for sharing very important thing here.
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
October 31, 2018, 01:26:19 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Yes, you are absolutely right. KYC is a very bad tool. The point is not even that it is difficult to send your data. The problem is scam. They can sell your data on the black market. After registering somewhere you can not. Another person will be registered on your passport.

I would be obliged to verify the identity of those who produce projects. Because too many scammers.
Activity: 336
Merit: 2
October 31, 2018, 01:21:08 PM
You are correct it's so disheartening how the crypto space have to KYC collectors, this is not what the crypto was meant for, it's meant for people privacy to be protected while spending their money but KYC been introduced in the space recently is what I don't like. Most especially when you don't know who you are sending it to. People should just be careful because it's possible to hack these data and sell them in dark web.
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
October 31, 2018, 01:12:06 PM
That's what most people don't understand, your ID's whether it's your passport or your driver's license are very important because they represent who you are and if you give that information you don't know what they can do with it, I've seen many cases of identity theft in the news, and even if it seems like something far away that won't happen to you, sooner or later you'll get an ICO that's a scam and will make a mess of your identification.
Activity: 856
Merit: 250
October 31, 2018, 01:09:21 PM
It is better that all companies that want to carry out the KYC procedure use the services of Telegram. Then our documents will definitely not go anywhere. And we can be calm about it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 106
October 31, 2018, 12:38:06 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

It's really scary in bounties that eventually become scams. Because they can use our passport id in illegal activities. So we would also know who the people who are delivering our documents. And they would also have to prove that they are legal.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 31, 2018, 12:23:05 PM
If the ICO you entered is a scam then you are in great danger.
If you will do KYC with just some airdrops then you made your self-fool.
If the ICO is a success and you did KYC you are still not 100 percent safe.
KYC is good for the ICO team and nothing good on the investors side.
Know your customer policies should only be applied to the coins that ask money from you, it is incredible that the ones that need to go through that process are the ones that are receiving what at the time are valueless coins and they are using coins with real value and yet the developers can upload fake pictures or even drawings and no one says anything about it.
Activity: 396
October 31, 2018, 04:30:15 AM
Be careful with such projects. Many investors are confused. They can't tell what KYC means for ICO. This kind of investment will make them bankrupt, and every new person must pay attention to the KYC project.
Activity: 434
October 31, 2018, 04:27:05 AM
Even Fantom ICO which is hyped at the moment has a leak in KYC data, hackers  stole KYC data of more than 70 k participants!
It was due to http connection and low protection.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
October 31, 2018, 04:26:55 AM
It's completely impossible to stop KYC verification from scam people/project. If KYC verification accept every project after successfully end of project which is good for everyone.

you cant stop them but you can do something in order to avoid them . make sure to check every single details of the project that you are applying with . kyc scams are more deadly or dangerous than a regular scamming act because your identity is always at risk . scammers will use your identity on any shady business that they do and you were the ones that will suffer from thier bad doings . you will also find yourself blacklisted on any agencies that is under the regulatory of local government  .
Activity: 378
October 31, 2018, 04:26:29 AM
Of course, I don’t really want to pass on my passport information to unfamiliar people, but sometimes I have to do it in order to collect my reward!
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
October 31, 2018, 04:25:35 AM

Sincerely, this has been one of the things I wonder about, because many projects today are here with the motive of scamming people of their had earned money at the same time use their information to scam more people, or even sell them to third parties. God help us.
Activity: 314
October 31, 2018, 04:23:53 AM
I think it depends on the campaign you participated and in the person's who you talk with KYC. Some ICO that runs with a KYC at the end of their campaign is a legit one that will not gonna scam you. And I think being careful can be the best way to prevent from being scam.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
October 28, 2018, 12:17:46 AM
It doesn't guarantee either those projects using KYC or not, the chance for getting scammed are pretty high. If you are a dude that think anonymity is a number one then don't give a shit about this and go away(you shouldn't send your personal information even to the reliable company).
Activity: 280
October 28, 2018, 12:10:42 AM
Yes, some are taking advantage of this one. Many has already become a victim. This is why I believe that data privacy must always exist even if you are an investor or not.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 259
October 28, 2018, 12:06:59 AM
I think that inevitably this is now more effective at filtering out which participants are real and which are not. so far the bounty I have followed that requires filling in KYC for the requirements is more valuable than not.
all choices are in your hands.
Activity: 279
Merit: 11
Xircus
October 27, 2018, 11:56:16 PM

Thank you mate for having warn us to those tricksters,we are made our decisions by ourself so lets just be carefull on those fraud.,be sure to give your personal identity to somebody that is truly a legit and not scammers.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
October 27, 2018, 02:22:45 PM
Yes, there is a danger that companies that have KYC sell your data. But projects with KYC are usually serious projects, which do not have dummy people with a bunch of accounts, this applies to bounty hunters. I see many advantages in passing KYC.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 453
October 27, 2018, 02:01:03 PM
If the ICO you entered is a scam then you are in great danger.
If you will do KYC with just some airdrops then you made your self-fool.
If the ICO is a success and you did KYC you are still not 100 percent safe.
KYC is good for the ICO team and nothing good on the investors side.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 27, 2018, 01:55:42 PM
This is going to get more common, those scammers instead of wanting your money now they want your information because they know they can sell that information in the black market over and over again to hundreds of people, so they are thinking that it can be very lucrative for them to get that information, it is terrible that there are people like that in this market but that is why I will never invest in an ico asking for that information.
Pages:
Jump to: