Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC scams - page 5. (Read 2927 times)

Activity: 633
Merit: 11
September 27, 2018, 11:58:19 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

That is a good Idea, Almost a lot of people being victims of this kind of strategy to scammed us. I don't really imagine why the other people need to take advantage to make a bigger money. But they can work clean as green and earn more via wasting their time to a good work.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
September 27, 2018, 11:55:24 PM
I have only given out my ID, photo and passport for one ico that did kyc.
Nothing has happened, but that was the first and last time I did it.

I just don't ever want to run the risk of getting scammed or exploited.
Here in america, you can steal someone's id so easily and open up credit cards in that persons name.
It happens very frequently and I think you would be a fool to think that it is not serious.

I did mess around with the kyc a little bit, after all, it is pointless and unnecessary.
I managed to get whitelisted off of a passport photo page I got from the internet.
Google is a wonderful thing and it just goes to show how ridiculous this whole thing is.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
September 27, 2018, 11:51:45 PM
Very bad situation when you fill KYC and pass it, but dont get tokens.
KYC's can be filled by not real docs, and system cant detect it, because we filling it remotely, its one of the dark side of kyc in crypto
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
September 27, 2018, 11:43:40 PM
I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

That's scary...Everything related to money needs KYC in our place . So, if this is the case, how can we proceed with our work  Undecided
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
September 27, 2018, 11:42:06 PM
Yes you must be very careful

Too many bad actors out there to provide your personal identification documents to just any project and it should only be required for investments over a certain amount not for something as insignificant as an airdrop

Find out as much as you can about the project to verify that it is legitimate before submitting anything
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
September 27, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
Indeed we should should be able to be more careful in using the KYC. because this KYC more bizarre data field only. do not easily believe, because so far we don't know yet what exactly, is used for the data.

KYC is just Know your customer, so when investing legit company wants to know from where the funds has come from,this is the soul purpose of KYC. but unfortunately some rouge people are using the info and selling it in wrong hands.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
September 27, 2018, 11:12:06 PM
Indeed we should should be able to be more careful in using the KYC. because this KYC more bizarre data field only. do not easily believe, because so far we don't know yet what exactly, is used for the data.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 27, 2018, 10:39:45 PM
Yes, I agree. Even though I am not an investor yet, I was always careful on bounties I joined. I make sure that the bounty doesn't need KYC. It will be a big problem if we become a victim of identity theft and it can even put us in jail if our identity was used for criminal activities. Being investigated by the police was never a good thing and it should not be experienced by everyone. If the reward is not that high for bounty that requires KYC, just pass on it rather than being a victim of identity theft.
3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
September 27, 2018, 10:29:56 PM
i do 100+ kyc in my crypto life. this is too late for me now. who knows maybe they use for good things. i am not afraid Smiley

You are not afraid?? Wow this is some top notch confidence that you have.
Scammy icos collect your KYC and will fill the airdrop with yours KYC to claim tokens. Example assume that a person have 12000 KYC collected from scammy ICO then he can claim Tokens from a legit ICO.
Assuming the price of tokens that you get is as low as 10$ then 1.2 Mil is the amount that the scammer will get.
Moreover Your Info can be used at illegal places which could get you in trouble at some point of life.
Activity: 400
September 27, 2018, 04:54:54 PM
i do 100+ kyc in my crypto life. this is too late for me now. who knows maybe they use for good things. i am not afraid Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
September 27, 2018, 04:42:27 PM
In my opinion, we have a choice. Provide or not provide documents. I try to bypass such projects side.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
September 26, 2018, 02:41:18 PM
This have been discussed to many times, but for those who are reading this for the first time- DO NOT DO KYC FOR BOUNTY.

Red flag is that they are attempting to collect kyc data on their own website ,this is just absurd, dont go for that.
If their are legit, they will use respecting KYC company to do this work who will protect the data.

Mate, there's purposes why other bounty campaigns required KYC for bounty participants to get the bounty rewards. First is we know that there are many member are cheaters by using multiple account.  If you don't want to do KYC it is up to you, find the project that don't need KYC.
The KYC check is not done in order to remove persons using multiple accounts. In principle, for the ICO teams themselves it does not matter, it is important for them that there be quality messages and their ICO project be advertised. The KYC check is carried out to prevent the possibility of laundering dirty money. Members of the generosity campaign ICO are not investors, can not launder dirty money, and therefore should not pass a KYC test.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
September 26, 2018, 02:22:56 PM
KYC is not a prerequisite for success or image of good ICO. I have noticed that good ICO seem to take life by itself and become succesful because of sme factor that contribute to it's success. If an IICO project is needed and there is clear plan for  growth and development, such ICO will do well regardless!
Activity: 280
September 26, 2018, 02:21:46 PM
be careful with the use of KYC because it can later be misused by irresponsible people. I hope you have to be more careful about the use of this kyc ... and keep in mind that now is the biggest scam season where many projects are not responsible

It is not safe to transfer KYC personal data, especially passport. Do not you find that a driver's license or other document with a photo is still safer, as in identity theft still need a passport.
Activity: 166
Merit: 20
September 26, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
I'm not a supporter of KYC, but to get payments from the bounty, I decided to pass it a couple of times. Everything was successful, but I have not seen my payments to this day ( except for the project as a Shivom). Therefore, yes, the companies that ask for the KYC are basically SCAMs.
Activity: 140
September 26, 2018, 02:12:49 PM
Uvenen is that KYC is used in crypto only for some vague fraud. Even the use of KYC leads to a decrease in the money of investors, especially large investors, which is reflected in the results of the implementation of ICO projects. I do not pass KYC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 26, 2018, 02:20:19 AM
I would never use my passport for KYC. I have tried KYC's and on my experience, they don't have a specific ID needed to be approved. I always use my driver's license or tax identification I.D. and I never have problems with it and I never think that they could use it for identity theft.  If in case that they really require a passport, I will make sure that its worth it and I will earn a lot of money before doing KYC. If its just for a few dollars, I won't do it.
Activity: 770
September 26, 2018, 02:16:18 AM
This is cause for concern when should provide KYC in the bounty or a project. It would be very dangerous when the data we have to fall into the wrong person because of course it could be used for acts that are not supposed to. indication and analysis may be necessary also to this especially in ICO or bounty to make sure it is good and KYC also sure is safe. When many anomalies then leave it out.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
September 26, 2018, 01:56:37 AM

Hearing the story you said, I feel that many projects are not reliable. Do they use KYC to steal user information?
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
September 25, 2018, 12:46:32 PM

Therefore, I never join the ICO signature campaign if it indicates the possibility of conducting a KYC check. If such a check occurs during the ICO or at the end of the ICO, I send them other people's data or just fictitious. They can not verify them vseravno, only analyze logically.
In general, the requirement to pass a KYC test from participants in the ICO generosity campaign is absolutely illegal. We are not investors in ICO projects and therefore should not come to such an audit.
Pages:
Jump to: