Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 11. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 243
Merit: 10
October 12, 2018, 03:44:28 PM
For me, it's not good to fill KYC to claim Airdrop. I think it is very risky to give our identity in the Airdrop project because there are currently many airdrops that are scam.
Activity: 406
October 12, 2018, 02:56:59 PM
I was active in airdrop before the kyc regulations was imposed. I have no problem with kyc. But the problem is the reward for airdrop is so low. I miss airdrop lile the kind of ebtc, blue, hawala, equal, authereon, pearl, hydro and some other to mention. This has no kyc but i have earned a lot from this.  So having kyc in airdrop is not convenient, giving your details and document for only $5 -$10 value of tokens.
Activity: 413
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 02:56:50 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

You are telling the absolute truth. Projects that require your data are not a guarantee of success. There is no guarantee that you will not encounter a number of problems later. All this is done for whatever purpose. And when we find out the real purpose of data collection, we may regret it.
Activity: 402
October 12, 2018, 02:50:19 PM
Most will be scammers trying to get your personal details to sell on the underground markets. I would only do a KYC for a trusted project with full transparency, and it would have to be a good profitable one, otherwise avoid like the plague
Activity: 644
October 12, 2018, 02:49:42 PM
I think they put KYC submitting rule for avoiding multiple participation my same person. Sometimes we could find profitable airdrops that asking KYC also. I think getting decision for participating this kind of bounty campaigns depend on demand of project, I will not worthless if project has good demand.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
October 12, 2018, 02:44:28 PM
Doing KYC for airdrop is ok for me but at least the value of it is also worth to provide your identity , As you may notice more and more airdrops are just turned into nothing so in my opinion getting money for airdrop only is not a good way to earn money.  
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
October 12, 2018, 02:43:23 PM
My identity is not worth few bucks so I stopped doing airdrops and now I am considering about stop doing bounty campaigns because I see that more and more bounty camapigns require KYC.
In crypto, there should be no KYC, no AML, we should be free and not supervised as criminals Roll Eyes.
copper member
Activity: 233
Merit: 0
October 12, 2018, 02:34:55 PM
KYC on airdrop is not a good thing,  I count it as waste of time.  Most bounties don't have KYC and for just airdrop to have KYC is never a good idea.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
October 12, 2018, 02:28:47 PM
It will never be a good thing to have KYC on airdrop.
remember there are so many ICO who was a scam and asking for KYC.
this will be not good even just on airdrop.
make your self-secured as always never do KYC in any AIRDROP.
Activity: 268
October 12, 2018, 02:26:19 PM
I don't think its a good thing to pass through the hassle of passing KYC in order to receive airdrop token. Some airdrops don't worth the KYC because it may not have value when listed on exchange.
True, in my opinion, too, the airdrop KYC system is not entirely objective, but the tokens we receive sometimes have no value. from the positive side by reducing multiple accounts and becoming more effective for a complete biodata to start the project, if it is comparable to tokens that we can do no problem, because there have been too many failures or frauds, be smarter in choosing comparable ones.
Activity: 294
October 12, 2018, 01:34:45 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
My response is a FRANK NO! I wish the KYC of a thing did not even get involved at all because it was not like that from the beginning. I wonder why people start making it a requirement for airdrops too.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
The Exchange for EOS Community
October 12, 2018, 01:29:55 PM
I am not comfortable giving my all private identity details for like 50 dollars or sth like this. I don't like KYC at all. If i am investing around 10.000 usd or more ok take my KYC, but for 50 usd i dont even bother.
Activity: 458
October 12, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
I don't think its a good thing to pass through the hassle of passing KYC in order to receive airdrop token. Some airdrops don't worth the KYC because it may not have value when listed on exchange.
Activity: 238
Merit: 5
https://www.jacs.tech/
October 12, 2018, 01:15:00 PM

No, I don't think that's normal. Don't forget that 95% of all airdrops are pure fraud. But they don't just need your subscription to their social networks. Your passport data is their additional earnings or a tool for use on the darknet.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
October 12, 2018, 12:44:31 PM

Yes, I think it's a good practice because there were so many people who used bounty campaigns out of purpose, which didn't serve their purpose anymore and led to projects losing price, stability and trust. For this reason, I believe that this movement will give a good result and will prevent some kind of users. In addition, the citizens of the country who have forbidden the ICO projects with this system can not participate in the illegal.
Activity: 1022
October 12, 2018, 12:44:13 PM
as preparing with use on works as qualifying distinct with unit on identification to leads with selection on variable as indication to work on exchange as disputing funds on submission and gains on collection to finish with returns on completion.
Activity: 476
Merit: 41
October 12, 2018, 12:42:22 PM
Of course it's not worth it at all.
People underestimate just how dangerous it is to throw your ID and personal information out there.
Especially if you upload it for "verification" purposes.  Once it's out in the digital world it is permanently out there.

On top of that, there is no legal precedent at all for KYC, not even for ICOs so definitely not for bounties or airdrops.
KYC is an international banking agreement to curb money laundering.
It has absolutely nothing to do with investing in new companies.

So asking for KYC for an airdrop is a huge sign that the company has no idea what they are doing.
If I, a person who has no legal experience, can do a quick 15 minute research into this and find facts, then that should go to show you how unprofessional the company is.
They can't even bother to look up relevant laws.
Activity: 238
October 12, 2018, 12:42:19 PM

It seems to me that it is not profitable for me to change my documents for petty rewards for airdrop.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 12:39:53 PM
Having KYC for peanut airdrops is total rubbish. I won't even waste my time on it allowing those scammers the chance to perpetrate whatever. Why demanding KYC for a less than 1 USD reward.
That would be weird for me to join any airdrop bounty on here that needed a kyc for a reward. They are only trying to scam people.
Activity: 199
October 12, 2018, 12:38:39 PM
what you say is very true, it's not fair enough if we hand over the KYC, what we get is just something that is not in accordance with what we do.
Pages:
Jump to: