Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 7. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
October 29, 2018, 04:14:58 AM
This is definitely not a good idea. Usually, airdrops are worthless tokens. It is difficult for you to get more than $10 worth, and in most cases you probably won't get anything, so we don't have to take this risk to give KYC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
October 29, 2018, 04:10:43 AM
I never join airdrops which require me to pass through the KYC process. Gone are the days when one could get $100 or more from one airdrop. Even as at then KYC was a big requirement. So why should I give out my information for about $5 worth of tokens in the name of airdrop. Airdrops are not worth our details.
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
October 29, 2018, 04:07:27 AM
I agree with you, if only for a token that is received from an airdrop it is better not to use KYC, or it is better to apply a new regulation where every airdrop does not need to use KYC because it is not worth the receipt received from the airdrop, but basically is the decision of the development team from ico that organizes the airdrop whether or not airdrop will need to be KYC or not.
Activity: 378
October 29, 2018, 04:00:39 AM
Competely agree with the topic starter. Teams, which attract huge money shoudl not pass the KYC, but they want airdrop participants to do it. It is not fair!
Activity: 308
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
October 29, 2018, 03:16:10 AM
Airdrops for a long time do not work and 99% of them do not distribute tokens, but only attract the attention of people to the main project. But even if you were given tokens, do not be in a hurry to rejoice. These coins often cost nothing and cannot be sold.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
October 29, 2018, 02:52:37 AM
Yes, the KYC procedure Airdrop, we must be careful. KYC procedure is more often used for investors who will invest in the ICO project. KYC procedures but is now also applied in the gift of the campaign. Of course, this is a problem because not all projects that KYC can succeed. And we have to be clever in determining a good project and can be successful.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
October 29, 2018, 02:22:20 AM
I don't think that any person likes to give all confidential information(identity etc) for 20 30 dollars for a third party, i think kyc should be needed in bigger transactions.
Activity: 371
October 29, 2018, 02:21:22 AM
NO, it will never be good to do KYC for airdrops.
There are so many stole identity in this world.
the documents and identification is being sold in different countries.
There are so many fake airdrop/scam. make sure you are in a safe side!
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
October 29, 2018, 02:18:54 AM
the result of the airdrop of course not so great will not be comparable to the terms of KYC is given. even many airdrops which only contains a scam and of course it will be bad enough if we submit identity thus abused for things that are not supposed to. so for KYC on airdrop, I thought it better not to get off on the risk.
Activity: 401
October 29, 2018, 12:55:01 AM
I think it's very good because there are several things that allow the first to avoid many accounts and when the distribution of gifts to participants is fair and equitable.

Activity: 394
Merit: 1
XEGGEX
October 29, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
in my opinion it is not necessary to use it even though there are participants who make violations, because there are successful projects without using kyc, let's be smart to avoid things that are not desirable.

Activity: 714
Merit: 160
October 29, 2018, 12:47:49 AM
If the value of airdrop above $100 I don't mind with KYC verification. But if below $100, sorry to say I prefer not joined on this airdrop because is just wasting time and also I'm worried they will use my personal data for illegal things...

always research first and be careful before join any airdrops...
Activity: 644
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
October 29, 2018, 12:43:23 AM
For me, the Airdrop use KYC risk is very high. Now many people say that many Airdrop token does not have a value. Should we do a bounty campaign has a very large result. And we must know that doing bounty should be careful. Because not all bounty campaign is also real. And we have to be more careful in determining the work.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 447
October 28, 2018, 11:39:10 PM
I never agree with airdrop project needed KYC because is too risk for our document using not only for airdrop project but also will be using to other way, we have more secure and keep away from airdrop project needed KYC because is not good of coin, many coin have listed at exchange from airdrop never asking for KYC.
well, this might be detrimental on the one hand, because sometimes the airdrop is given to those who have done some work, and that is a wage for them, moreover the wages they get are not so big. but, I think sometimes some developers want to know the identity of those involved so that there is no fraud.
Activity: 693
October 28, 2018, 11:22:18 PM
It depends on the requirements on the ico team that is making the airdrops. But if the value of the airdrop goes to 100-200 usd, I prefer to give the requirements. But always make sure to background check first the team and verify them to avoid sending your information to a hacker if found out that the airdrop was a scam.
Coins from airdrop usually have a little portion because its free and if we take kyc I think the effort we take is not compensated with the amount of coin and remember kyc is to prevent money laundering so much better that kyc is for those only big investment from investor to avoid money laundering.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
October 28, 2018, 11:10:58 PM
It depends on the requirements on the ico team that is making the airdrops. But if the value of the airdrop goes to 100-200 usd, I prefer to give the requirements. But always make sure to background check first the team and verify them to avoid sending your information to a hacker if found out that the airdrop was a scam.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi
October 28, 2018, 10:52:21 AM
The situation is uneven because I understand that, for example, in a company bounty, this is a mandatory procedure, but there is no distribution, but on the other hand, the project is gaining a base of potential investors and users with its platform and I understand them
Activity: 602
October 28, 2018, 10:33:07 AM
Many who register airdrop always have a double account, if registering airdrop must use the KYC I agree, because it will be fair to all participants and can reduce the number of cheating in airdrop registration.
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
October 28, 2018, 10:30:36 AM
I don't see any reason why anybody would participate in airdrops that require KYC (know your customer), as these tokens don't worth much. I am definitely not at all interested in joining these airdrops.
Activity: 336
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 28, 2018, 10:24:31 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

This is very bad. I see no reason why you need to send your personal data to get 5-10 dollars. Perhaps your data will be used to deceive.
I would not send my personal data to anyone for Airdrop.
Pages:
Jump to: