Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 14. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15
October 11, 2018, 02:02:10 AM
if airdrop requires verification of kyc, I am a little bit surprised, if the value is significant and the company has good credibility I think there is no problem, if the credibility is less convincing we better avoid it
Activity: 240
Merit: 11
Be Positive Always!
October 11, 2018, 01:53:04 AM
kyc for airdrop are sure a great thing to implement and that depend on what project it is. I will not giving my identity to a scam project to prove it was me as their are too many scam projects ongoing right now. They might steal our identity and used it for a bad thing. kyc is a good thing if used for a right thing but it also a bad thing if scammer used our identity to scam someone else's.
Activity: 420
October 11, 2018, 01:46:56 AM
In my experience, no airdrop requered the KYC procedure. the bounty that's fine. but I will never give my personal data for the airdrop. so many fake airdrops lately. they just gambling with the game.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 11, 2018, 12:59:52 AM
I agree .I never joined an airdrop with KYC. If they happen to ask for KYC before distribution, I will never do it. Airdrop reward are too low in terms of per dollar value and its not worth the risk. We don't know where they can use our information. Stay away from it. Jist want to share that some airdrop doesn't even reach one dollar. Im sure anyone experienced that.
Activity: 653
Merit: 10
October 11, 2018, 12:52:50 AM
Keep away from airdrop needed KYC and you have upload your identity, you can keep and joined airdrop but looking for which one airdrop project not needed KYC for receiving the coin and token.
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
October 11, 2018, 12:38:32 AM
Never. You should never ever sell your privacy for few hundreds bucks (some do it for few dollars, that's shame).

I did this one time, and regretting it.
You're right,airdrop with KYC its like we sell our data at low prices. Several times I've join some airdrop like this and now I will not repeat again. Just forget it and do someting better.
Activity: 749
Merit: 13
October 11, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
I ever follow airdrop with KYC several times and after calculating the results I just get disappointed. Now I spend more time with bounty and if I find airdrop with KYC I check the price and the quality of project,if not profitable then I will leave.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
October 11, 2018, 12:01:14 AM
yes, its not fair. you give your information to them but the coin you earn is little. no problem if some campaign like signature offer kyc, but you must choose the best, so its not in vain.
i never join in airdrop, because i dont have many alt account. and i think airdrop is good for people that have many account. they can earn much coin from it
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
October 10, 2018, 11:38:13 PM
I don't recommend giving KYC for Airdrops because most of the airdrops are scams and no any worth for that coin. But they ask our details It is not good for giving personal details for shit projects please be aware those kind of joining
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
October 10, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
Never. You should never ever sell your privacy for few hundreds bucks (some do it for few dollars, that's shame).

I did this one time, and regretting it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Improve your mode of payment with crypto
October 10, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
Airdrops are for free and intended to show all potential investors out there the value of the coin on the market in order to facilitate a smooth main sales. KYC should be for the major events (ICO or Token Sales). Besides a participant cannot risk his personal data to settle for just some few dollars, sometimes $2 to $10.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
AMA BCT
October 10, 2018, 11:27:15 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
They just want to avoid fraud and unfairness when there are so many people wanting to cheat on the Airdrop programs. But I think we are more liberal in that. The purpose of the project is to promote the best way so the fraud will not affect their results. I think they are too strict.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
October 10, 2018, 11:24:20 PM
actually the enactment of kyc in airdrop or not actually depends on the development team's policy of the airdrop, but in my opinion for just an airdrop it may not be necessary to apply kyc, because the tokens received are not too much and if you need a kyc it will not be worth it with the number of tokens received.
Activity: 406
October 10, 2018, 10:31:51 PM
For a token worth a penny is it really not worth it to give such work, the effort in putting/doing KYC is cannot compensate it but such a few pennies. And mind you, giving your identification just for it is such a risky move.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
October 10, 2018, 10:21:14 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I do not think KYC to airdrops is good maybe it depends upon the project if the project has good potential maybe I will join KYC buy if I think it gives nothing for sure it will phis our data and will scam us. There are airdrops that are trying to phis anyone's data so beware on this kind of airdrops.
Activity: 238
October 10, 2018, 10:18:43 PM
I strongly believe that all ico projects should do KYC before releasing airdrop to anyone. There are so many scammers these days that sign up multiple accounts which takes away from the honest people.
Activity: 448
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
October 10, 2018, 10:09:06 PM
Well for me is absolutely not to undergo KYC for small bucks. Why do they need to make KYC to eliminate multi users? then upgrade the system that checks the details of participants. KYC is only for trusted banks for me.
Activity: 279
Xircus
October 10, 2018, 10:04:20 PM
The KYC for airdrop is really a waste and should not be done because the number of Token for the airdrop is really small, accounting for less than 4% of the total Token supply. So if the airdrop campaign forced KYC, then I think most of them are scam or non-potential ICO project.
Yes your right why kyc is needed in airdrop? As we know airdrops has a small cents we receive and in return with our personal informations!
I think it can cause us from getting hacked or scam.,.
Activity: 347
October 10, 2018, 09:44:34 PM
To apply for a free Airdrop that requires you to use the form of identification KYC i found not very reasonable. You should carefully examine the requirements involved in avoiding information that is spread over the Internet.
Activity: 645
Merit: 250
October 10, 2018, 09:39:53 PM
I do not like submitting my identification for KYC's and have only done it a couple of times for the large exchanges and Coinbase.  I would avoid any airdrops that requires a KYC to receive the coins/tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: