Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 20. (Read 2892 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
October 05, 2018, 01:17:37 PM
Your data are more valuable than what you think, maybe more than those worthless tokens they gave to you esp airdrops that generate value from literally nothing, some projects implement sort of 'after ending' way to processing KYC to reduce participant, mostly filtering out users with KYC but still enjoying their exposure, i dont think KYC is necessary for airdrop, it suppose to be giving
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
October 05, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
If you're not that cautious you will end up to be one of the victims of identity theft. As much as possible, I don't join airdrops when it requires KYC verification especially when the project is new. They might only use your info and IDs for their personal gain. (join other genuine projects with your IDs or apply for loan)
Activity: 504
Merit: 16
October 05, 2018, 01:10:38 PM
Your personal information is very critical be careful and don't throw it everywhere you land, in some airdrops you just sell your information for pennies or even free.Take care
Activity: 378
Merit: 17
October 05, 2018, 01:00:03 PM
In my belief, the KYC for airdrop is not a good idea and it should not be done. I think if the airdrop campaign asks for KYC, then  probably it is a  scam or non-potential ICO project.
Activity: 476
Merit: 11
October 05, 2018, 12:56:26 PM
When you are asked to submit your documents in order to participate in the lottery - it looks very suspicious. Why would anyone need documents to send him free coins. I do not believe in the sincerity of such people who demand it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
October 05, 2018, 12:41:01 PM
I am an opponent of identity KYC! For what it is generally needed. For bounty hunters, this is another reason not to pay them! Probably everyone has forgotten that the idea of cryptocurrency is anonymity!
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
October 05, 2018, 12:09:56 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I also don't think that KYC is unfair to hunters airdrops, they only get a small portion of the overall token allocation but they have to replace it with the personal information they have.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
October 05, 2018, 07:53:06 AM
KYC is really superfluous, I don't know why some projects require KYC. Is it because they say they want to reject certain national citizens? Doesn't anyone think this reason is like a joke?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
October 05, 2018, 07:52:59 AM
I do not appreciate KYC but would really be needed to avoid cheating. You have the right not to participate in projects that require KYC. They have clear rules, participants must follow their rules set. If you do not follow the rules, you have the right to leave the game
Activity: 322
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 05, 2018, 07:50:32 AM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

I believe that KYC for participation in airdrop is a scammer’s actions to collect KYC data from people. Then they sell them or use themselves in their fraudulent actions.
Activity: 728
October 05, 2018, 07:49:57 AM
I never take part in airdrops that require KYC. For me, the risk that my personal data may in some way be in the hands of fraudsters prevails over the desire to profit.
Activity: 266
Merit: 25
October 05, 2018, 07:37:02 AM
I like to always take part in kyc projects. They help prevent most people spamming the forum and also gets rid of the issue of multiple boats which use to interfere with the projects.

I could imagine that KYC for Airdrops can be good to get rid of multiple accounts,same for bounty campagnes.But i would never participate in an airdrop with KYC mandatory.You get nothing but you give your data to 3rd party services and they get some good money for that.
Activity: 140
October 05, 2018, 07:33:00 AM
Indentifikation of the personality in distribution of coins this shit. I never am registered in such distribution. I do not need it. It is a lot of time for nothing
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
October 05, 2018, 07:20:11 AM
yes, i think it depends on what kind of project we are talking about. if it§'s a smaller project, then i would say that KYC is risky and unnecessary
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 07:11:37 AM
I like to always take part in kyc projects. They help prevent most people spamming the forum and also gets rid of the issue of multiple boats which use to interfere with the projects.
Activity: 795
October 05, 2018, 07:03:32 AM
Kyc for airdrop is nonsense, i have once being to an ico group who plans to give $10 worth of tokens to participants and funny enough they are asking for kyc, is that not too much to ask for airdrop of $10.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
October 05, 2018, 06:31:51 AM
I think KYC for airdrop, it's not necessary because cryptocurrencies are anonymous but for some projects , they still need KYC . We still need to be careful with those projects, especially with unknown projects. .
Activity: 260
October 05, 2018, 06:28:39 AM
I'm strongly against any kind of KYC in cryptocurrency at all.
If a project wants KYC, they may use banks, fiat money, paper shares, etc. This old financial system is established, works well, no problem.
But if they want a cryptocurrency because of some reasons, they also must accept basic principles of these new money and an anonymity is one these principles.

I don't participate in ico&bounty&airdrop with KYC. It's like a big STOP sign for me.
More than, if a project starts KYC to the end of bounty or airdrop, i consider such action as a scam, i.e. they are just looking for a reason how do not pay us for our work.
Activity: 188
Merit: 1
October 05, 2018, 06:06:42 AM
I have never passed KYC . I fear for some reason. Many of my friends were and everything is fine. I think to pass or not KYC is an individual decision of each.
Activity: 310
October 05, 2018, 06:06:10 AM
For Bounty and ICO it is great, because it helps to protect the project, from different kinds of scammers. But doing a KYC for just few bucks and entering the risks of losing your private data is not so great. Airdrops that are worth over 500 USD should have a KYC, but there are no such airdrops left.
Pages:
Jump to: