Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 17. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 100
October 08, 2018, 09:00:21 PM
Airdrops are held because of the fact that the devs want other people to discover the coin and test it. So the participants of airdrops are actually doing these guys a favor so it's looks really bad when they have to implement KYC. I am also against it and just thinking that your important documents in exchange of a few dollars.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
October 08, 2018, 08:57:41 PM
I cannot see the point of "Anonymity" if even in airdrops they will still require KYC. It is understandable if it is for bounty distribution or investor pooling, but nonetheless, it defeats the purpose of crypto. plus, doing KYC is a threat for the identity of the joiners. unless there is a clear definition as to where these data wil be used for and its storage, then I am up for it. but it will not be fair to give your identity and then receive just a satoshi's worth of tokens later.
copper member
Activity: 350
Merit: 0
October 08, 2018, 08:54:10 PM
I think KYC for airdrop it's very bad. If it is good airdrop that's worth more than 50 USD and more than 100 USD that time KYC is good.But mostly bounty program is must require KYC.
Don't spend much time in less profit or not good quality airdrop.
Activity: 868
Merit: 16
October 08, 2018, 08:52:29 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Seeing what happened to the recent airdrop which every airdrop does not really pay for each participant, I am very sure that for people who give an important identity to fulfill the KYC that is needed is very useless. Only noobs and ignorant people give their identity to fulfill KYC, you have better go see a good and potential bounty campaign and be a participant in it, if you need a KYC, I think it's fine.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
October 08, 2018, 08:44:36 PM
In doing KYC, we have to be careful, especially about uncertain projects. I guess that Airdrop doesn't need KYC, except it's Airdrop from an exchange project. Once again, if we are told by KYC, make sure that the project is a good project.
It would be really off if the KYC was mandatory on Airdrops. They don't need to see identification for free coins.
Activity: 384
October 08, 2018, 08:35:54 PM
Actually there is a positive side about KYC, with the aim of no fraud that is with personal data. But it is also necessary to anticipate that it will be dangerous if the document is misused by someone else. And of course that will harm someone who has that personal data. I hope KYC is not misused!
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 08, 2018, 08:21:14 PM
I think it’s very stupid when they want your ID for an airdrop campaign. Why would i share this info with them? I think there is no point and i will never give my ID to anyone. It’s very private info, you should also be careful before sharing it.
Activity: 90
Merit: 2
October 08, 2018, 08:09:35 PM
KYC is a horrible invasion of privacy.
The only reason there is KYC is because the criminal organisation called government wants to know about all your private dealings so they can extort (tax) you at their pleasure.
If I even smell KYC I run the other way. What I do is no one's business.
The whole AML Anti-terrorism stuff is a ruse to get good people to turn over their private information.
It's a scam and the sooner people wake up the sooner we can send these crooks packing.
Control your wealth and governments/bankers have no power. keep it private and keep it safe.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
October 08, 2018, 08:01:26 PM
In my opinion KYC is not necessary for airdrops bounty unless their project tokens worth at least a 100 bucks per token in exchange. Lol.. KYC should be only for investors who want to invest in their ICO project, bounty hunters are not customers, they are paid workers and bounty participants that works or help them to advertise and promote their project.
Activity: 616
October 08, 2018, 07:59:08 PM
in my opinion, don't join the airdrop which requires kyc, the airdrop results are very small and more important is our personal data,
currently there are lots of airdrop scams, our data security is not guaranteed, so I think it's better to skip airdrop which requires kyc
Activity: 797
Merit: 500
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
October 08, 2018, 07:56:20 PM
For me KYC for aidrop is something I have to avoid, for me it's too risky to give my identity, but for some people, there are still those who participate in airdrop using KYC, my advice remains cautious and don't forget to always review the airdrop that was joined.
Activity: 700
October 08, 2018, 07:32:09 PM
KYC to Airdrop? if seen from the results of the token that I get it is not comparable to the security of our data to be able to get the token, because apparently nothing guarantees its security, especially when there are many Airdrops that are Scam and even though the token has entered our wallet still not subsequent development for its value. so I think KYC for Airdrop is not necessary and there are still many Airdrops without having to have a KYC and there is also a value.
Activity: 494
Merit: 250
October 08, 2018, 07:26:34 PM
Almost every airdrop and project want KYC. We are not investors but airdrops want KYC.  For a average maximum of $ 5 worth  token to give us, I guess nobody gives them their true identity.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
October 08, 2018, 07:21:48 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.

Your opinion is correct, the KYC for the airdrop at the present time is superfluous and unnecessary. Earnings from airdrop are minimal as well as the amount of Token supply for airdrop accounts for less than 2% of Total supply Token. So I think it should not be KYC, it only suits the people invest more than 10 ETH in the ICO project only.
copper member
Activity: 280
October 08, 2018, 07:13:14 PM
Weighing the benefits, most aren't worth it. Why should I exchange my private data for pennies so some unethical persons monetize it. If it's bounty then it looks like a fair deal.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
October 08, 2018, 07:00:30 PM
I always feel that those people collecting KYC for airdrop is just using it to mine data which they will use to apply for their exchange listing, it is been known that most exchanges require kYC of the token buyers before they will accept to list the token, so i think that most of these airdrops are used to collect these user data and i feel that it is not good, though most people who joins it and submit their kYC did so with fake documents, so I will not advise anyone to submit their kyc for the sake of airdrop that worth nothing.
Activity: 426
October 08, 2018, 06:47:21 PM
This is bad and I do not advise you to give personal information for airdrop, good airdrop 10 out of 100, a very small chance to get on it.
Activity: 196
October 08, 2018, 06:41:25 PM
It's not a very good idea, since airdrops coins are not very valuable lately, I'm not saying there isn't potential, I'm just saying that there are many possibilities that you find scams out there, in the end, they are stranges on the internet and you would not give your passport to the Nigerian prince who sends you emails? or yes?
Activity: 225
October 08, 2018, 06:37:15 PM

I don't welcome the idea of AirDrops getting to do KYC verification, that will really exposed ones identity and in turns most projects wont come out good and you get scam at the end. I definitely don't welcome it.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
October 08, 2018, 06:30:13 PM
Honestly I don't understand why do airdrops need our private information, it sounds strange, like they gather information about the user of cryptocurrencies. I can understand even if I don't like it, why big ICOs need some information about us, but airdrops?? Never.
Pages:
Jump to: