Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 16. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 1
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 10, 2018, 12:39:40 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
i am not a fan of airdrops and i think that it is hecessary to try it of course but just to know what they look like and understand how they work
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
October 10, 2018, 12:38:12 PM
If you think that this is normal, then I strongly disagree with you because KYC is not a process for bounty hunters and not for airdrops, because it is clearly not buying tokens or coins. I think that the security of documents is also a big question.
Activity: 90
Merit: 7
October 10, 2018, 12:35:46 PM
This is the weirdest system I've ever seen. Why do riders pass KYC? For most of them, these are all one-day projects.
They came to press 1 button and pick up the coins.
Activity: 505
October 09, 2018, 06:39:39 PM
Giving out our KYC for an airdrop is really not worth it. Imagine sharing our personal information in exchange for a measly tokens. However, if the ICO can "assure" me that i'll be rewarded a massive amount of tokens for my KYC, i'll be very much willing to do it. But otherwise, i will not participate in any KYC required airdrops.

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
October 09, 2018, 03:33:32 PM
Well, you get 5$ worth of their (usually worthless) tokens and they get your identity which they can sell via various "underground" channels. So I would say its not really a favorable deal for airdrop-hungry folks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
October 09, 2018, 03:13:39 PM
In airdrop is very dangerous to pass kyk, because at the moment a lot of scams from the airdrop, do not risk your data in the future there were no problems
copper member
Activity: 119
Merit: 1
October 09, 2018, 02:54:32 PM
I have never joined Airdrop which requires KYC to receive payments and have never seen it before, in a bounty there are several projects that require KYC to distribute tokens and everything goes smoothly, there are also exchanges that require KYC to deposit and withdraw coins, so KYC doesn't there is a problem for me
Activity: 118
Merit: 5
October 09, 2018, 02:32:59 PM
I also think that KYC contradicts the concept of cryptocurrency which is designed to provide privacy to trading parties. If KYC is required in order to participate in airdrop, it means that participants have to expose their personal information to someone they don't know which is very dangerous as no one know how the personal information is to be used.
Activity: 686
Merit: 503
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 09, 2018, 02:21:58 PM
I also agree with this. In general, KYC contradicts the original idea of cryptocurrency - decentralization. I do not want my data to go to the scammers.
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
October 09, 2018, 02:14:38 PM
If you take into account that a lot of airdrops organized by scammers, it is quite a dangerous idea. I wouldn't be involved in that.

In addition, this idea has no legal basis. Why KYC, if you dont buy anything? A great way to buy personal data for candy wrappers.
Activity: 504
October 09, 2018, 02:11:21 PM
In our time now, data is a weapon. Any data when processed becomes information, and information can be used for all sorts of things. Now if you think that your personal indentification is only worth 5$ in tokens, you're out of your mind.
That's a  100% true. I don't understand the need for giving your personal information that can be used in any ways just for a couple of dollars that airdrops give.
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
October 09, 2018, 02:00:18 PM
I feel that KYC is not good for airdrops as most airdrop coins have very low value but KYC is acceptable in bounties which ask for them and mentioned it at the time of joining of bounty. If you are willing to give your KYC, then you can join otherwise leave that.

I also think that. Passing KYC for airdrops is a sign that this airdrop most likely is a scam and you won't get paid. Or you can get paid but the tokens will be worth nothong.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 09, 2018, 04:56:38 AM
If you take into account that a lot of airdrops organized by scammers, it is quite a dangerous idea. I wouldn't be involved in that.
Activity: 346
BitSong is a dcentralized music streaming platform
October 09, 2018, 04:27:11 AM
You know KYC in airdrops for me is ridiculous. I understand that some projects are seeking ways to filter out scammers/multiple participants in their airdrops, but who knows the airdrops itself if a scam. Thus, they can collect lots of important information and may not reward the airdrop.
Activity: 330
Merit: 10
http://www.daxico.com/
October 09, 2018, 04:24:45 AM
I don't think it was a good idea having an airdrop with a KYC it's like a nig time investors and I think it will be good only for some big investors that want to secure their investments. But if it is the rules of the campaign we should filliw their rules I don't want to blame anyone into it.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 04:18:32 AM
Yes, but I think the airdrop mission will be reduced, all missions will be reduced because the ICO project has been reduced a lot, you should spend your time on trading.
Zrs
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
October 09, 2018, 12:23:08 AM
KYC for airdrop is not good and in some cases, many airdrops are scam.By doing KYC, we just giving our personal documents to some scammers. So KYC in airdrops should not require.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 12:20:05 AM
No its not good to do KYC in airdrops.. Its just you give your personal information and they might steal your identity.. Maybe u need to skip that and find other good airdrop.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
October 09, 2018, 12:14:40 AM
Self-data is very risky to be given especially to other people we don't know, fearing that it will be misused. So for Airdrops that ask for personal data especially KYC, I tend to pass or not participate. Except if we know that the Airdrop provider is serious and responsible for the project so far.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
October 09, 2018, 12:11:19 AM
It actually depends on the project. If it requires kyc based on regulatory need then every token holder should run kyc. A project wouldn't want to be floored by not having kyc on its token holders.
Interestingly, did you read these regulation rules about which you write? Even some ICO teams themselves admit that for the ICO generosity campaign participants, the KYC check cannot be used because they are not investors. I do not know why this wave with KYC has risen lately, but I think that this is wrong and illegal. Therefore, I avoid these checks and the provision of confidential information to everyone who wishes, and I do not advise others to do so.
Pages:
Jump to: