Pages:
Author

Topic: KYC to airdrops is it good? - page 5. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 3
October 30, 2018, 04:37:26 PM
this is not good. KYC for bounty is not really needed. When the payment of a few dollars, and KYC go through very difficult. And even more so for the airdrop. It takes several times longer for an KYC than to fill the airdrop
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
October 30, 2018, 03:11:51 PM
I'm not sure about KYC. Many people don't give their personal information, they just put fake documents and easy pass KYC. As for me, I pass KYC only in projects that have a lot of chances to be successful.
Activity: 294
JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!
October 30, 2018, 02:56:06 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I can see no reason for the projects to demand your credentials if they give away those tokens for free. Why should I provide them with my place of residence for the tokens worth $15 or even less? Why would they need my passport details if I am not going to invest in their ICO? This is indeed ridiculous and I strongly recommend everybody not to go through KYC for airdrops.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
bvo.trybravo.com
October 30, 2018, 02:30:03 PM
I don't think KYC for airdrops offered is fair for those who joined. Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
I absolutely agree - going through KYC process means that you have certain obligations for the project team, but in case of an airdrop it is absolutely unnecessary.
Moreover, I think that projects which require KYC are just making a database of potential investors and further sell it. As a result, your mail is overwhelmed with the ads about upcoming ICOs, new exchanges and other announcements. It is really not worth it to sell your personal data for like 10-20 bucks.
Activity: 280
yamzu
October 30, 2018, 02:08:32 PM
In my opinion yes. Why? because this is the way to select really good users to pay tokens. So, if there are few people, the reward will be more.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
October 30, 2018, 02:04:19 PM
KYC (Know your customer) for airdrops token are scams, they pivot out the private information of several participants and offer them tokens that are worthless when listed on exchanges.
Funny enough, most of the projects becomes desolate (failed project) and what happens to kyc data's gotten ?? they are most probably sold on black markets to unknown buyers across the world.
Lets be smart and avoid unwarranted KYC.
I join this opinion about the dangers of transferring their confidential data to ICO teams that are unknown to us, which can place photographs of any other persons as their ICO team.
In addition, it is generally illegal to require ICO generosity campaigners to pass KYC checks. Bounty hunters are not investors, only those who invest their money should be tested by KYC, because its main task is to prevent the laundering of dirty money.
Activity: 674
Merit: 250
October 30, 2018, 01:50:08 PM
I also participated in Airdrop campaigns and i objectively stated that requesting KYC for Airdrop campaigns was unreasonable and unnecessary. Time and information were not appropriate for these situations.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 30, 2018, 01:45:00 PM
I understand when the KYC procedure is required from investors, but I do not understand when it is required by airdrops. Well, if you at least warn in advance about it, and do not put before the fact.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
October 30, 2018, 01:30:55 PM
In all the years I've been in this forum and participating in different bounties, airdrops or events, I always run away from the KYC like the plague, simply because it is supposed that one of the great benefits of cryptos was anonymity, something that spreads with the ground when you ask for legal documents to give you $10 in some token that you'll never remember is in your wallet, for me it's not worth it.
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 6
October 30, 2018, 01:28:43 PM
It depends on the project that is doing airdrop and the amount of tokens they are given out. I participated in Dfinity airdrop, this is solid project that's not doing ICO. Airdrops participants will earn between $100 to $2500 and KYC is compulsory.
copper member
Activity: 287
Merit: 1
October 30, 2018, 01:06:35 PM
Some ICO with airdropping is not also fine to get KYC for tokens worth almost nothing or a burger meal is not really fine. I observed it in some ICOs with airdrops that even with giveaways like that so small needs KYC? Don't fall for it guys, not worth it.
Some of them are using the personal information of the people who join airdrop that is why I sincerely agree to what you are saying. It is not really worth it, 10$-20$ in exchange of your personal information is way too risky. And it is fishy that they require KYC for such a small amount of money isn't it ?
Activity: 644
October 30, 2018, 01:04:18 PM
For me this is totally absurd and a huge waste of time,a person will not be adequate your passport details to throw into the legislative Assembly on idrop,as in 95% they do not reach the ISO for different reasons and are a lot of fakes among them, and fraud,as well there is certainly a bad idea!
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
October 30, 2018, 12:59:15 PM
I think that KYC is in contradiction with the main ideas of the crypto of the world-decentralization! Everything is aimed at full control by the governments of their citizens!
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
October 30, 2018, 12:50:51 PM
For airdrops, i don't think KYC is really important because airdrops are just a way of advertising a project and inviting more people to join the project. Most airdrops too do not pay a lot of money so I don't see why KYC should be done.
Activity: 1078
October 30, 2018, 12:50:21 PM
I do not think Airdrops is a good way to earn crypto, but it is incorrect to require participants going through KYC procedure. It should only be used in case of real investments while Airdrops usually just take a few minutes of free time.
Activity: 320
October 30, 2018, 12:22:09 PM

I don't think so... That's only an airdrop why they will force someone to have KYC to get a free tokens? for me that is not worth it guys, you will your information, about yourself and then the airdrop tokens have a small value... I will not join on that campaign.
Activity: 195
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
October 30, 2018, 11:40:28 AM
Of course, you can participate in such projects if you are not afraid for the leakage of your passport data. On the Internet, gigabytes of files with scans of passports that are in the public domain so be very careful
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
October 30, 2018, 11:38:11 AM
How many times to say that the KYC process was not created for people receiving tokens for free, it is always the project developers who can say for sure what to say and how token distribution will work.
Activity: 616
October 30, 2018, 11:32:31 AM
Do not do KYC identification in airdrop. Developers want to steal your personal data to use for bad purposes.
very risky to provide personal data especially on Airdrop because Airdrop is a warehouse for fraud. I think KYC is only suitable for ICO because it is natural that the company wants to get data from its investors.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp
October 30, 2018, 11:29:50 AM
It seems to me that KYC for airdrop is not needed at all, usually there are not so many tokens issued to transfer their passport data to them!
Pages:
Jump to: