Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 106. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
I do not think that any of these securities are registered properly with the SEC (correct me if I am wrong, this is just an assumption). If this is the case and the SEC is aware of this AND they thought that these were real securities that they had to control then they would have already shut the whole thing down (including Bitfunder).

They took their merry time stopping/investigating Pirate, even though that case was way simpler. A US guy running an obvious ponzi. It doesnt get any more clear cut than that. Yet it took the SEC a year before they pressed charges.

1) The SEC do not know about it

Unthinkable.

2) The SEC do not care since they do not think that these are real securities that they have anything to do with (if I go to the local farmers market and start selling pieces of paper claiming they are securities, it is more like a simple police case than a SEC case).

If those papers promise you a future profit or profit sharing agreement, and these papers can be traded, its a security all right and SEC territory.

It may be possible the SEC doesnt think its worth making a case over this yet, if they think its too small and no real damage is being done. Thats why they may limit themselves to telling Burnside & Co to just stop doing what they are doing. But it would surprise me they wouldnt take the opportunity to make an example of this.

But the SEC does not have any better chance of doing anything about people hiding is some remote corner of the globe.

You dont really believe that, do you?
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
I don't think contacting the SEC is a good idea. Either the SEC has nothing to do with all these bitcoin assets or if they think they have, they could shut down the whole thing altogether, not just labcoin.

What makes you think they arent already? SEC looked deeply in to GLBSE after the pirate ponzi, they are well aware off what is going on. Soon after GLBSE closed, now BTCT. The others will follow soon enough.

This is a simple police case.

This is a security fraud. Thats not a police matter, but good luck getting anywhere through the police.

I do not think that any of these securities are registered properly with the SEC (correct me if I am wrong, this is just an assumption). If this is the case and the SEC is aware of this AND they thought that these were real securities that they had to control then they would have already shut the whole thing down (including Bitfunder).

The fact that this has not happened can have two plausible explanations:

1) The SEC do not know about it

2) The SEC do not care since they do not think that these are real securities that they have anything to do with (if I go to the local farmers market and start selling pieces of paper claiming they are securities, it is more like a simple police case than a SEC case).

By the way I also do not think it is very likely that these people will be caught. But the SEC does not have any better chance of doing anything about people hiding is some remote corner of the globe.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
What happens if they got captured?
Will there be a forced buy back? Or will our share simplely worthless?
I don't know. How about the pirate case?
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
What if Sam Noi is not actually in HK? What if he's indeed that guy in Linkedin and he's actually in Ghana??
I mean Allesia Totti and her brother. They are involved and there are enough evidence already.

Oh Yeah I agree with that. At this point I agree we should do all we can to positively identify everyone involved. The main unknown at this point is still Sam. Is there any way we could get info on him?? Can we ask a forum admin for Sam's IP? At least we would then know which country he's from.

And if he's using Tor, then one more point towards he being a fraud.
Activity: 224
What happens if they got captured?
Will there be a forced buy back? Or will our share simplely worthless?
legendary
What if Sam Noi is not actually in HK? What if he's indeed that guy in Linkedin and he's actually in Ghana??

Some people are questioning if he even exists or not.

I'm one of them. But some people here keep saying that we should contact HK police, why does anyone think that the person behind Sam is in Hong Kong?
Because the company listed in the contract is in Hong Kong. It's too easy for someone to be not guilty by just saying 'I know nothing'. He even signed a doc and Allesia is his sister.
legendary
I mean Allesia Totti and her brother. They are involved and there are enough evidence already.
www.coinschedule.com

I'm one of them. But some people here keep saying that we should contact HK police, why does anyone think that the person behind Sam is in Hong Kong?
legendary
I don't think contacting the SEC is a good idea. Either the SEC has nothing to do with all these bitcoin assets or if they think they have, they could shut down the whole thing altogether, not just labcoin.

What makes you think they arent already? SEC looked deeply in to GLBSE after the pirate ponzi, they are well aware off what is going on. Soon after GLBSE closed, now BTCT. The others will follow soon enough.

This is a security fraud. Thats not a police matter, but good luck getting anywhere through the police.
Sou
Activity: 210
(Bitcoin related text here)

legendary
I find it extremely hard to believe that he had no clue what was going on.

Me neither, but here is the thing; it doesnt even really matter if he knew or could have known its a scam. He knew or should have known he was promoting an unregistered security. That alone makes him liable even if he truly believed labcoin to be a legitimate venture and even if labcoin was indeed a legitimate venture. Theswede simply cant run from this.
Sou
There are plenty of people that still believe this could workout. We need to draw a line in the sand - at what point can we all agree it's time to start making calls for legal action?

Some people still think bitdaytrade could work out. Good luck with that.
If it were me, Id draw the line in the sand were we have people positively identified. As long as they are not fully doxed, there is zero reason to believe this is legitimate.
Not that doxing proves the opposite, see bitdaytrade.

I believe the man that would have any real identities on hand is Burnside.  
Activity: 167
So shall we take legal action now? Anyone has access to Hong Kong Police? We should not let this guy still out there to do more harm.

Just contact the SEC. Theswede is in the US and "just being a PR person" doesnt make him any less liable than the others. In fact if all the others would remain out of reach of justice, Theswede might end up holding the entire bag:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/77o

More likely he will lead to the persons behind this.

legendary
There are plenty of people that still believe this could workout. We need to draw a line in the sand - at what point can we all agree it's time to start making calls for legal action?

Some people still think bitdaytrade could work out. Good luck with that.
If it were me, Id draw the line in the sand were we have people positively identified. As long as they are not fully doxed, there is zero reason to believe this is legitimate.
Not that doxing proves the opposite, see bitdaytrade.
Activity: 672
So shall we take legal action now? Anyone has access to Hong Kong Police? We should not let this guy still out there to do more harm.

Just contact the SEC. Theswede is in the US and "just being a PR person" doesnt make him any less liable than the others. In fact if all the others would remain out of reach of justice, Theswede might end up holding the entire bag:

I find it extremely hard to believe that he had no clue what was going on.
Sou

legendary

www.coinschedule.com
legendary
Activity: 672
Question:

Could the last few missed deadlines been ways to buy more time to make a run for it?

This seems to be a constant with Alberto's "ventures". He keeps delaying and postponing and missing deadline, while sometimes giving something, though usually just a few crumbs. Just read the bitdaytrade thread to see how long he will spin this.

Im not sure what the strategy behind it is; probably to cast some doubt about it being a scam and to to dissuade investors from taking legal action. If he just took the money and ran, there would be no reason for an angry mob to wait.

Exactly, to create the illusion of a failed venture instead on an outright scam.

Yeah, i think that's what is going on here.
Jump to: